Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2004 11:05:39 AM EST
Hey gang, I am going to be shipping some desert tan furniture to a buddy in Iraq for his M16-A2, and need to fill out a customs form stating the contents. My thought is that anything having to do with guns will likely be opened and searched. I would like to make the description of the parts be both accurate and not attract enough attention to merit searching the box, which might delay delivery. My thought is to write:

Rifle Parts: stock, forearm, grip

Hopefully that will sound harmless enough. For those of you that have sent rifle parts to Iraq, how did you go about listing the contents, and did the package get delayed at all?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 11:21:58 AM EST
[Last Edit: 5/9/2004 11:23:03 AM EST by vito113]
Not exaclty Iraq, but had some AR15 handguards and grips parts sent to me in Britain recently. Just listed them as 'handguards', customs seemed happy enough with that and no delay.

An M16 Rifle or its 'mechanical' parts are another thing altogether, need a DoD licence. Still waiting for the DoD Export Licence to turn up (over a month so far) so my new M4 can be released by Customs at Chicago for sending to me in UK.

Andy
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 11:22:31 AM EST
Plastic accessories.

CHRIS
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 1:02:22 PM EST
"Injection Molded Plastic Parts."
Top Top