Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/6/2002 12:24:52 PM EDT
Utah CCW on Campus Battle:

[url]http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/216/nation/Fight_to_keep_guns_off_Utah_campus+.shtml[/url]

''We have a university president who is perfectly willing to endanger the lives of students and faculty because he has an irrational fear of guns and an attachment to political correctness,''  Sarah Thompson, executive director of the Utah Gun Owners Alliance

"(My) studies on campus violence [b]show a strong correlation between students owning guns and engaging in binge drinking, driving under the influence, getting into fights, and vandalizing property[/b]." Matthew Miller, associate director of Harvard's Injury Control Research Center

''What we know is that people who have guns on campus behave in ways that don't make me feel comfortable,'' Matthew Miller, associate director of Harvard's Injury Control Research Center

Just peachy...

[b][red][i]Libertas an Mortis!![/b][/red][/i]
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 12:44:25 PM EDT
[#1]
If Utah's colleges are anything like the University of Arizona was when I was living on campus, they'd crap themselves if they knew how many students had guns in their dorm rooms.  (STRICTLY against the rules, too!)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top