Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2001 5:58:52 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 6:17:27 AM EDT
[#1]
watadik
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 7:01:21 AM EDT
[#2]
"I'm still in shape..."

Yeah, and I'm bigger and more buff than Arnold!

M.
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 7:02:25 AM EDT
[#3]
This is Hollywood we're talking about.  The same people who tell us we don't need guns, but have their own armed bodyguards.  This is as close as many of them would ever come to actually putting themselves in any danger, so it is a big deal from their point of view.  They don't know that they lack a proper perspective to put it in.
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 7:04:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Back off guys.He was really scaaaared!

I thought he was going to say something about renacting a historial/tragic event.Then he opened his mouth.
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 7:09:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, I thought it was a great movie; and I liked the fake shooting down of the jap fighter. Makes me ALMOST wish I was there to see it.
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 7:18:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Never fired a 50 with a Hollywood BFA, but the military versions with blanks are still damn loud without hearing protection of some sort. You have to remember that for any scene, they generally film the scene over and over and OVER. Poor Gooding probably stood on that set firing blanks for the better part of a day or two for the footage you see in the cineplex. After that much time pressing the butterflys and shooting without hearing protection, you'd be going ga-ga too, I bet.
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 8:03:29 AM EDT
[#7]
If im not mistaken Gooding fires a twin 20 Mike Mike Oerlikon AA gun. Only seen the trailer and small clips, but it is definetly not an M2HB.
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 8:06:42 AM EDT
[#8]
OK, I haven't seen the movie and have ignored the trailers til now.
I would imagine those things with blanks would be even louder than the M2
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 9:14:59 AM EDT
[#9]
I second that - I think he was firing a single 20mm.

With hearing protection I think it'd be a hoot.  Without it, or even with just ear plugs I might find myself crying, too.

Still, I doubt he's a defender of gun rights in any case.

[sniper]
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 10:01:47 AM EDT
[#10]
There's no way in hell they're not going to give ear protection to an Oscar-winning movie star.  Hearing loss is permanant, and no artist is going to suffer that for some shitty Bruckheimer movie in a bit part.

He's just a pussy.  
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 12:17:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 12:44:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Affleck wasn't in Ryan.
I was jealous when I saw Cuba unloading with that meatgrinder.
He probably spent my ammo budget for a year in one take.
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 1:36:32 AM EDT
[#13]
affleck wasnt in SPR

but the other night on one of those Hollywood Hype tv shows, they were conducting interviews with the cast of pearl harbor.
they said most of the cast went through "boot camp", they all said yeah "it was the hardest thing ive done", "they BROKE us", "they really broke us down and built us up into a fighing unit"
BLAH BLAH BULLSH*T, boot camp that lasted 2 days ? the SPR guys did "boot camp" for only a week, was probably working out military protocol, shooting some guns so they dont look like idiots, etc
they are all a bunch of sniveling pussys, and are disrespecting the people that go through REAL 3 month long 24/7 boot camp
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 4:27:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Amen. You don't have a million dollar paycheck, or the option to walk away either.
The worst part about these movies is that younger people today see them and think WWII was fought by people like Affleck and Gooding jr. WWII was fought by boys who became men, not boys who became rich and pampered.
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 5:24:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 9:13:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Assphincter says what?
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 9:32:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Edward Burns was the guy with the BAR.  SPR had that other pussy Matt Damon though.

From all I have seen or heard, Pearl Harbor looks like it blows a fat one.  

I love how Cuba thinks of himself during that terrifying moment on the set.  Boy, why don't we scrap that monument to the men and women who fought and died in WWII in favor of one to Cuba.  I hate pricks like him who are so stuck on themselves that they fail to grasp the big picture.

I just finished reading Citizen Soldiers by Stephen Ambrose.  It documents the struggle and hardships that the men of US Army faced in Europe from right after D-Day up through the Battle of the Bulge.  It will give you a new appreciation of the sacrifices the veterans of WWII made for us.  I recommend it to anyone interested in WWII history.
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 11:10:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top