Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2001 9:01:26 AM EDT
If terrorists backed by Pakistan (and Osama bin Laden) continue their attacks in Kashmir, should the US pick a side in the confrontation between Pakistan (our ally-of-convenience in the "war on terrorism") and India?
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 10:17:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I support India, but the US will stay out of this conflict.
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 10:23:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Bush's policy statement was clear, we attack terrorists and their sponsors, anywhere and everywhere.
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 10:26:09 AM EDT
[#3]

I support India, but the US will stay out of this conflict.
View Quote

Same here, it's not our conflict....Our clear and present danger are the terrorists and whoever backing them.
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 10:27:30 AM EDT
[#4]
LotBoy side's India.
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 10:36:12 AM EDT
[#5]
I say we stay out of the Kashmir dispute, but try to broker peace by sending them "Krackjack"!

Some swear its sweet!
Others say it's salty!
But everyone agrees THEY ARE TASTY,
TASTY,TASTY!

[url]http://www.kamat.com/kalranga/admedia/2416.jpg[/url]

DaMan
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 10:41:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Bush's policy statement was clear, we attack terrorists and their sponsors, anywhere and everywhere.
View Quote

There's the problem: do we attack a country that sponsors one group of terrorists if that same country is helping us attack another group of terrorists?

For that matter, do we help our allies the Brits fight the IRA?  Do we help the Sri Lankans fight the Tamil Tigers?  Do we help the Indians fight the Sikh terrorists?  Do we help the Mexicans fight the Zapatistas?  Do we help the Serbs fight the KLA?

Or do we only attack anti-American terrorists and risk looking like hypocrites?
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 10:47:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Kashmir? That stuff makes me itch when I wear it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 11:58:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Being Indian (well American of Indian descent), I have a special prespective on this issue. Its time America wakes up and realizes that India is a strategic partner against the Islamasists in the West and the Chinese. Millions of Indians have been displaced by the violence perpetuated against Indians (primarily hindu, but shiks and Buddhists, and christians also)by Pakistani forces and Pakistani backed forces.
I belive India showed great restraint during the kargil incident. Now is the time to strike back. I just hope America realizes who their real friends are.
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 1:21:39 PM EDT
[#9]
The US should stay out of it if possible.  Otherwise we should stand by India.  All of the Oracle DBAs at my old company were from India, and they were pretty nice guys.  The company I work for now has a development office in India, and we would be hurt financially if things got out of hand there.  I also knew a really hot babe from Sri Lanka... but thats another story.
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 9:05:04 PM EDT
[#10]
I would go with india, but lets count our blessings. At least the pakistani's are attacking Kashmir instead of US.

Benjamin
Link Posted: 10/6/2001 5:52:20 AM EDT
[#11]
India.  It's all India's terriroty as the partition agreement between them, Pakistan and England which split India.  

GunLvr
Link Posted: 10/6/2001 6:42:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Who cares?  They still bath in rivers over there.

Give them another 100 or so years of civilization then we can talk about it again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top