Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/5/2001 4:46:37 PM EDT
Who should not be allowed to own guns? The constitution says "The People" and nothing about felons or any other restrictions. So... how should have and who should not have the RTKBA and why?

R35

Edited for spell check
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 5:15:02 PM EDT
[#1]
any law abiding citizen should be able to own any gun he wishes even class 3s.felons should be barred since they proved they cannot properly show they are responsible
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 7:17:34 PM EDT
[#2]
depends on the felony charge,,many I would say no way
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 7:28:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 7:40:35 PM EDT
[#4]
alot of people seem to forget that children and felons dont have alot of rights under the constition. ie when your at/in school they can search you without a warrant.
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 8:12:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Guns should be banned in prisons and mental institutions. Everybody outside can get one.

Touchy-feely baby-boomers f#cked this up by making it so even violent criminals can get out of prison (when most of them should have been executed) this is "for the children" too, since violent criminals fit the demographic (agewise mainly, but..) of baby-boomer offspring. Pops after working 70 hours at his dot-com to make the foreign-car and espresso machine payments, drinking himself to sleep every night during the week, while his whore of a wife is screwing little-johnny's friends thinks on the weekend while he's playing golf in his faggy golf-pants about his own son.
Picture him, little-johnny-dumbfuck, son of ex-flower-child-boomer-fuck accidently cuts up a stripper and mom and pops think he "deserves a second chance" It could happen to us! we gotta make a law banning jail.

Start doing with them what is supposed to be done with them, and I'll support felon-RKBA for those felons who should be let out after doing their time. funny I cant think of any felonies worthy of letting ya out because pretty much the only things that [i]SHOULD[/i] be a felony SHOULD get them strung up or locked up forever.
Lotsa felonies out there for not having the right paperwork or certificates or permits for stupid shit, lots of felonies for partaking in harmless activities in the privacy of your home. Bureaucratic bullshit mainly that most of was made because those same damn boomers couldn't control themselves (or their children for that matter, who are contributing nicely in their own ass-cappin' way to our vast array of gun-laws)

Sorry for the rant, I'm feeling very libertarian tonight.
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 8:45:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Anyone society deems safe to be on the streets should have access. If they are not safe they should be isolated from the community.

In my world there would be no repeat offenders
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 2:41:45 AM EDT
[#7]
What Paul said. Hit it right on the nose.
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 6:23:44 AM EDT
[#8]
well I get ready to jump in and find out that
Sancho and David already got it....A beer to you both......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top