Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 4/14/2006 4:57:42 PM EST
Anyone here have a Criminal Justice Degree? I would like to join the FBI but I know thats not a sure thing since its hard to get in. What other kind of jobs could I get with a degree in Criminal Justice?
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 4:59:08 PM EST
LE

i'm a criminology major, which is similar but definately not the same thing. i'm well aware that it's a worthless degree unless i go to law school, but i'm doing the Air Force instead
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 5:04:28 PM EST
IBTIMDIBTYDBS

(In before the incessant my degree is better than you degree busllshit.)

Link Posted: 4/14/2006 5:06:39 PM EST
A CJ degree is one of those that is pretty limited. If you want to be in the FBI right now, get a linguistics degree.......and speak arabic. Go onto the FBI's website, and they will have what types of people they are currently looking for.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 5:09:57 PM EST
If you want FBI, get a degree in accounting, computer science etc... a CJ degree is good for local or state LEO and some fed but not the FBI.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 5:14:16 PM EST
Not a bad choice but from what I've learned over the years, good grades and a college degree are only part of it- you have to score well on their own diagnostic hoops and, of course, have a squeaky clean record.

Good luck.

Link Posted: 4/14/2006 5:21:18 PM EST
[Last Edit: 4/14/2006 5:22:16 PM EST by raven]

Originally Posted By Commando223:
Anyone here have a Criminal Justice Degree? I would like to join the FBI but I know thats not a sure thing since its hard to get in. What other kind of jobs could I get with a degree in Criminal Justice?

A manager in my office has one. He joined the NG and got commissioned, now he manages several clinics and health care programs in a hospital, does Army stuff as an infantry major.

My friend got one, became a jail guard. I dont know what he's doing now, but he was very pleased with his pay and benefits working for Multnomah County in Portland, OR 6 years ago.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 5:26:50 PM EST
My cj degree got me just about nothing. A little bit more starting pay and uh, YEP THATS IT :)
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 5:28:25 PM EST
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 5:30:02 PM EST

Originally Posted By Ponyboy:
I've got one and it's pretty much worthless...

Not good to hear
Top Top