Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2007 6:08:29 PM EDT
I was in an argument with a fudd in class, and he said that all kinds of crimes were committed with .50 cal weapons and that nobody needed them (also branched into automatic weapons). I said that there were few if any because they are expensive, large and hard to use, and I was going to give actual statistics, but my computer was recently wiped and I lost all the information I had gathered on gun crime. I was checking the FBI website, but it is being stubborn and not giving up information. I would find the information myself, but I want to respond quickly before the conversation dies. Does anyone have credible statistics about crime committed with .50 cal weapons and/or automatic weapons?
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 6:10:02 PM EDT
[#1]
WTF, it's reported daily.  At least a dozen airliners are taken down daily by .50 caliber rifles.  Additionally, reports are stating that .50 caliber rifles are self-animating and have been going on random massacres for the past 2 years.  Women, children and minorities most affected.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 6:10:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I think Waco and maybe one other incident are the only times they've ever been used in a crime.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 6:11:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
WTF, it's reported daily.  At least a dozen airliners are taken down daily by .50 caliber rifles.  Additionally, reports are stating that .50 caliber rifles are self-animating and have been going on random massacres for the past 2 years.  Women, children and minorities most affected.

I remember an article in my home town newspaper that claimed that Barrett was a terrorist company because they were actively supplying terrorists with .50 cals to "shoot down satellites and flying planes". I didn't know what to say.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 6:12:20 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I think Waco and maybe one other incident are the only times they've ever been used in a crime.

I think so too, but I need actual statistics from organizations like the FBI.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 6:12:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Maybe Waco
Some guy in a grocery store parking lot in Washington state or somewhere circa 1997
That guy with the armored bulldozer in Colorado
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 6:12:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I found a website a few months ago that listed every crime on record that had been committed using a .50 caliber. It was only 4 or 5 total. Do some searches, I'm sure you'll find it.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 6:13:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I would not consider Waco a crime use as it was self defense. I believe that there was one use of a "legal" machine gun and that crime was committed by a police officer with a department issued MG. Which he used to whack a drug dealer who would not share his money.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 6:14:31 PM EDT
[#8]
www.vpc.org/snipercrime.htm

note that in almost all of the cases, a .50 was in possession of a criminal, but not actually used.

yeah its VPC, but that all I found

Don't forget its a ".50 sniper rifle"
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 6:15:41 PM EDT
[#9]
All I have ever heard of is game violations, and some asshole here in OR started a small forest fire buy useing tracers. Fuckers just drove away after a small atempt to put it out. No murders or robberies or planes coming down though.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 6:16:52 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I would not consider Waco a crime use as it was self defense. I believe that there was one use of a "legal" machine gun and that crime was committed by a police officer with a department issued MG. Which he used to whack a drug dealer who would not share his money.

Waco was illegal in the first place.  Child rape and polygamy.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 6:17:49 PM EDT
[#11]
I killed the Lindburg baby with a .50 cal..  
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 6:19:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Ask the douche what crimes were commited.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 6:19:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Some crime in Colorado

Link Posted: 10/10/2007 6:20:07 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
www.vpc.org/snipercrime.htm

note that in almost all of the cases, a .50 was in possession of a criminal, but not actually used.

yeah its VPC, but that all I found

Don't forget its a ".50 sniper rifle"

interesting never seen that before

it is funny that only a couple incidents on there was the rifle actually fired

the rest were just found in possession of said criminal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top