Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2007 5:08:29 PM EST
I was in an argument with a fudd in class, and he said that all kinds of crimes were committed with .50 cal weapons and that nobody needed them (also branched into automatic weapons). I said that there were few if any because they are expensive, large and hard to use, and I was going to give actual statistics, but my computer was recently wiped and I lost all the information I had gathered on gun crime. I was checking the FBI website, but it is being stubborn and not giving up information. I would find the information myself, but I want to respond quickly before the conversation dies. Does anyone have credible statistics about crime committed with .50 cal weapons and/or automatic weapons?
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 5:10:02 PM EST
WTF, it's reported daily. At least a dozen airliners are taken down daily by .50 caliber rifles. Additionally, reports are stating that .50 caliber rifles are self-animating and have been going on random massacres for the past 2 years. Women, children and minorities most affected.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 5:10:58 PM EST
I think Waco and maybe one other incident are the only times they've ever been used in a crime.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 5:11:48 PM EST

Originally Posted By Procyon:
WTF, it's reported daily. At least a dozen airliners are taken down daily by .50 caliber rifles. Additionally, reports are stating that .50 caliber rifles are self-animating and have been going on random massacres for the past 2 years. Women, children and minorities most affected.

I remember an article in my home town newspaper that claimed that Barrett was a terrorist company because they were actively supplying terrorists with .50 cals to "shoot down satellites and flying planes". I didn't know what to say.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 5:12:20 PM EST

Originally Posted By Hojo:
I think Waco and maybe one other incident are the only times they've ever been used in a crime.

I think so too, but I need actual statistics from organizations like the FBI.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 5:12:49 PM EST
Maybe Waco
Some guy in a grocery store parking lot in Washington state or somewhere circa 1997
That guy with the armored bulldozer in Colorado
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 5:12:54 PM EST
I found a website a few months ago that listed every crime on record that had been committed using a .50 caliber. It was only 4 or 5 total. Do some searches, I'm sure you'll find it.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 5:13:56 PM EST
I would not consider Waco a crime use as it was self defense. I believe that there was one use of a "legal" machine gun and that crime was committed by a police officer with a department issued MG. Which he used to whack a drug dealer who would not share his money.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 5:14:31 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/10/2007 5:18:22 PM EST by Black_Talon]
www.vpc.org/snipercrime.htm

note that in almost all of the cases, a .50 was in possession of a criminal, but not actually used.

yeah its VPC, but that all I found

Don't forget its a ".50 sniper rifle"
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 5:15:41 PM EST
All I have ever heard of is game violations, and some asshole here in OR started a small forest fire buy useing tracers. Fuckers just drove away after a small atempt to put it out. No murders or robberies or planes coming down though.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 5:16:52 PM EST

Originally Posted By P08:
I would not consider Waco a crime use as it was self defense. I believe that there was one use of a "legal" machine gun and that crime was committed by a police officer with a department issued MG. Which he used to whack a drug dealer who would not share his money.

Waco was illegal in the first place. Child rape and polygamy.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 5:17:49 PM EST
I killed the Lindburg baby with a .50 cal..
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 5:19:20 PM EST
Ask the douche what crimes were commited.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 5:19:37 PM EST
Some crime in Colorado

Link Posted: 10/10/2007 5:20:07 PM EST

Originally Posted By Black_Talon:
www.vpc.org/snipercrime.htm

note that in almost all of the cases, a .50 was in possession of a criminal, but not actually used.

yeah its VPC, but that all I found

Don't forget its a ".50 sniper rifle"

interesting never seen that before

it is funny that only a couple incidents on there was the rifle actually fired

the rest were just found in possession of said criminal
Top Top