Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2001 4:36:43 PM EDT
In the ongoing battle with the left, it would be interesting to know if any of you have EVER heard of a crime being committed with a legally owned and legally concealed weapon.  I never have!
Link Posted: 3/6/2001 4:47:16 PM EDT
[#1]
You can bet that if it were a significant number, the left would be throwing that statistic all over the place!
Link Posted: 3/6/2001 5:12:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I think I heard or read somewhere that it's less than 1/10 of a percent of permit holders get their permit revoked, that includes DUI etc.
Link Posted: 3/6/2001 5:30:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Louisiana and I think Texas and Florida have web sites dedicated to CCW. On the Louisiana page it states how many permits were revoked and suspended. It doesn't say why they were revoked I don't believe any were for gun related crimes. DWI's and other things will get your CCW revoked here. Check out the web page it has some good info. I don't know the address, but just type Louisiana state police in your browser and go to the official site there will be a link to the CCW info.
Link Posted: 3/6/2001 5:32:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I forgot check out www.nationalccw.com got info and links there as well as at www.packing.org
Link Posted: 3/6/2001 5:36:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Domestic violence.
Link Posted: 3/6/2001 5:57:46 PM EDT
[#6]
That would do it. The last time I looked Louisiana had about 12,000 permits and 47 total were revoked since the inception of CCW here. I think TX and FL had similar number with 200,000 and 600,000 permits respectively.
Link Posted: 3/6/2001 5:59:15 PM EDT
[#7]
That would do it. The last time I looked Louisiana had about 12,000 permits and 47 total were revoked since the inception of CCW here. I think TX and FL had similar experience with 200,000 and 600,000 total permits respectively. I don't know the number of revokes in those states but it is very low compared to the number of permits.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top