Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2004 7:45:43 PM EDT
Has any legal class 3 owner ever comitted a crime with their legally owned and registered class 3 weapons or suprresors? Just my guess the percentage is in the hundredths of a percent.
Link Posted: 7/30/2004 7:57:24 PM EDT
[#1]
atf guy in the academy told me that no crimes have to his knowlege been commited with registered,  legal machine guns, bt i have heard of a time when i think a cop did some crime with one, someone correct me if i am wrong, i may be on the cop thing
Link Posted: 7/31/2004 3:49:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Only  two crimes have been by the fuzz, twice.
Link Posted: 7/31/2004 4:04:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/31/2004 5:00:08 PM EDT
[#4]
IMHO, you gotta watch if you ever use this in a pro-gun argument, as it can easily be turned around on you as an argument for national registration and a strict transfer process for ALL guns.

Rocko
Link Posted: 7/31/2004 5:23:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 5:00:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I've only heard of one, a LEO offed a drug dealer who wasn't convicted. A silencer was used. This does seem to promote the're have been only two.
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 6:12:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I've only heard of one, a LEO offed a drug dealer who wasn't convicted. A silencer was used. This does seem to promote the're have been only two.

He had a Mac and waxed an informant.
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 6:48:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/2/2004 11:32:36 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I have thought about that before.  It's best to consider carefully what you say when you present the safety of class III owners as an argument against gun control.

Yeah, when most people bring this up, they tend to start off with "Since 1934, only...", to which I'd think most intellegent people would ask "Why 1934, what's so special about then?".
Link Posted: 8/6/2004 7:51:06 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
A Dayton Ohio cop used a MAC to shoot a guy.  Legal gun and all.  Often the subject at local gun shows.  It would appear legal MG would be abused less if we forbid xfers to cops!!  

I used to shoot IPSC with a bunch of Dayton area LE... 1 in particular, with Miamisburg forever, told us about it.  

Firearm used was a MAC 11 (380) with a suppressor.

Refer to a case  refered to as "Searcy vs Dayton".  Think it can be found at titleii.com or in the Bardwell files.  About 12 or 13 pages of stuff.
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 9:23:40 AM EDT
[#11]
There have been MANY class III "crimes" that have resulted in prison time.  Almost all were minor paperwork crimes by dealers.

I know of the two murders by cops mentioned above, and heard of one killing since then, a swat or narc in a small town, on a raid, shot into a room as a door opened, just as another cop crouching by the door stood, hitting him in the back of the head, killing him.  The officer that killed the other one was initially charged, but I heard nothing of the case since.
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 9:57:14 AM EDT
[#12]
so it seems that machine guns do not account for a lot of crime...
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 9:13:38 PM EDT
[#13]
I saw a specail about machineguns (it might have been modern marvels) on the history channel, and according to one of those little interesting facts they always show you when they are about to go to a commercial, there has been only one murder with a registered machinegun since 1934 and it was commited by a police officer.  That's what the historychannel said anyway, and it seem to fit with what is being said here.  I guess that was the "full auto divorce" mentioned above.
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 9:26:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Google didn't have anything on "Searcy vs Dayton" Don't have access to a legal library.
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 1:03:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Some SWAT cop in Rhode Island or somewhere went a mini shooting spree a few years ago with an MP5.

CRC
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:30:08 PM EDT
[#16]
http://www.impactsites2000.com/site3/NFA%20Laws.htm

Found it. Only cops should be banned from machine gun ownership
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top