Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/16/2009 10:43:58 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/16/2009 11:23:38 AM EST by Bowman1]
One of the companies I work for recently hired a new employee we'll call 'Ralph'. Ralph is an observant Jew, who always wears a yamaka and has several books written in Hebrew on his desk. He is also flamingly homosexual. He has the most effeminate mannerisms I have ever seen a man have, including that certain lisp when he talks. I have no problem with either of these groups, but combine them and you have one very odd juxtaposition. Maybe odd is the best word that describes this guy? It's got nothing to do with his religion, or whom he sleeps with either. He is, as my Mom would say, just an 'odd duck'.

Anyway, I had a meeting in the office today that required a data projector and it turned out that the only available data projector was under Ralph's desk. I go and grab it (he wasn't there at the time), and settle in for a long, dull meeting. After everything wraps up, I put the data projector back in its nylon carrying case and grab it by the handle to return it to Ralph's desk.

I get to his cube and find Ralph has returned.

"here you go, Ralph." I say as I hand him the projector.

"Oh thank you" he says in his effeminate voice as he CARESSES THE BACK OF MY HAND WITH HIS FINGERS before taking the projector bag from me.

What in the goddamn hell...

i didn't say anything to him, or even make eye contact with him. I just got the hell out of there and immediately went and washed my hands.

Three times.

Followed by some hand sanitizer.

Look, I don't consider myself to be a good looking guy, so it is entirely possible that this could have been accidental contact... but I doubt it. I mean, for God sakes! There are a lot of ways to take something from someone without touching their hand. This didn't feel like an accident either. This felt like what i'd do if I was at the movies with a woman and I wanted to put a move on her. Accidental or not though, I just about lost my breakfast right there and then.I had made it to my 39th year in life without having my hand caressed by another man, and I was a helluva lot better off before than after. What has been done cannot be undone... I swear I can feel my skin crawl just thinking about it!

All I can say is that I cannot be held responsible for my actions if I show up for work tomorrow and find flowers on my desk.

Now if you will excuse me, I think I'm going to go back over to the Megan Fox thread. That might make me feel better about things.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:45:56 AM EST
That was sexual harrassment. If you had done that to a female co-worker you could be fired.

But that doesn't fit the liberal definitions does it?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:46:35 AM EST
HAHA....He's just messing with your head. Gays don't normally hit on non gays.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:47:45 AM EST
Did "It" move?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:48:52 AM EST
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:49:20 AM EST
homosexual who doesn't believe in god and finds it perfectly acceptable to pretend he does ...

that way when he sues the company you work for he can claim your company was anti-semetic ...

forcing your company to settle out of court instead of enduring the bad press ...

a true atheist has no problem mocking god ...

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:49:29 AM EST

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:49:36 AM EST
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:49:45 AM EST
Maybe a little recon on his part? You obviously didn't "respond" to it, so fugedaboutit.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:49:48 AM EST
IBTBS

(inbeforethebuttsex)

sexual harassment comes in many forms
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:50:10 AM EST
Originally Posted By m4a3xm15:

This. Gay guys don't hit on straight guys. I have worked with plenty of gay guys (worked in San Francisco and West Hollywood) and they have their gaydars in tune and leave the straight guys alone.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:50:18 AM EST
What would Russell Henderson do?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:50:41 AM EST
Originally Posted By Bowman1:

Now if you will excuse me, I'll be in my bunk. That might make me feel better about things.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:52:01 AM EST

Originally Posted By BBossman:
Did "It" move?

That's just all sorts of wrong there.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:52:54 AM EST
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:
Originally Posted By sburggsx:
That was sexual harrassment. If you had done that to a female co-worker you could be fired.

Actually, I don't think that fits ANY description of sexual harassment.

This.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:54:21 AM EST
Just forget it,if he does it again just flat out tell him you don't swing that way and aren't interested.

So no BFD just deal with it.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:54:58 AM EST
Originally Posted By BBossman:
Did "It" move?

After today, I am not sure "it" is going to move for a while.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:55:23 AM EST
That is just their way of finding out if you are interested, it is nothing personal about you. Good idea to wash your hands though!
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:55:32 AM EST
Might as well cut that hand off or ware a glove when u choke the chicken....
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:56:59 AM EST
Originally Posted By runcible:

This.

Unwanted or unwelcomed physcial contact. I would probably classify that as BOTH.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:57:49 AM EST

That shit jumped on your ass instantly and was absorbed through the skin like DMSO. You're dead but just haven't fallen down yet.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:58:35 AM EST
BTW to the OP:

If he's as effeminate as you say then he's probably a catcher and not a pitcher,so if you just want a good time you're in the clear and needn't worry about teh butt being in danger.

Don't ask how I know,just part of being online long enough
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:01:21 AM EST
Originally Posted By AKSig:

This. Gay guys don't hit on straight guys. I have worked with plenty of gay guys (worked in San Francisco and West Hollywood) and they have their gaydars in tune and leave the straight guys alone.

Yup.

I waited tables in South Florida.

He was just fucking with you.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:01:50 AM EST
File a complaint for sexual harassment NOW. If you can't do that to a hot girl at the office, why should Ralph the penis-lover be allowed to do it to you?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:02:19 AM EST
You only have to worry if your wiener is kosher. If it's not he won't touch it.....
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:04:17 AM EST
I just got the hell out of there and immediately went and washed my hands.

Three times.

ahhahahahahahah afraid you are gonna catch teh gay?

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:04:33 AM EST
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:05:17 AM EST
Oh wow... Im sorry to be the one to inform you.... But your sir now, lika da cocka
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:05:30 AM EST

Except he wasn't hitting on a straight guy. He was hitting on the OP.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:06:06 AM EST
So did you get digits or what?

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:08:49 AM EST
I had a catholic priest practically masterbating over me in Chicago Ohare airport. Apparently I was his type and he was not very subtle about it, but I was definetly not his. I just ignored the fudge packer in the cloth and went on my way.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:09:50 AM EST
Do you have a wide stance?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:10:54 AM EST

LULZ!
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:11:49 AM EST

Probably this... everyone has some sort of a sense of humor.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:13:45 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/16/2009 11:16:40 AM EST by OklahomaSam]

This.

Unwanted or unwelcomed physcial contact. I would probably classify that as BOTH.

Creepy? Yes. Unwelcome? Certainly. But not sexual harrassment. The OP should've said it was unwanted, unwelcome, and inappropriate when it occurred. Until put on notice, the aggressor has no reason to believe the behavior is inappropriate. If the OP goes back says it's inappropriate and it happens again, then sexual harrassment has occurred.

Just echoing 20 years of sexual harrassment classes.

ETA: In fact, because nothing was said about the unwelcome behavior to the aggressor, he probably thinks it's okay.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:16:12 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/16/2009 11:50:58 AM EST by CasualObserver]

This.

Good luck with that. Not even close to sexual contact.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:16:18 AM EST
Don't fo.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:22:01 AM EST
You handled it way better than I would have.

I would have went fucking ballistic. I can tolerate alof of stuff, but this IS NOT one of them.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:22:16 AM EST

It does in the .mil
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:25:13 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/16/2009 11:26:20 AM EST by jonathan2421]

According to the sexual harassment training at my company, the definition falls completely on whether the "victim" feels like it was harassment. So, it's pretty open ended.

ETA: To be clear, it's not called "sexual harassment" anymore, just "harassment". It doesn't have to be sexual, just unwelcome.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:26:19 AM EST
Originally Posted By Wheelie:
You handled it way better than I would have.

I would have went fucking ballistic. I can tolerate alof of stuff, but this IS NOT one of them.

Tell you the truth, I was too damn surprised to react any other way. This was NOT what I was expecting to happen!
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:29:34 AM EST
In after homophobia.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:29:41 AM EST
Originally Posted By NoStockBikes:

Uh huh... And I bet you ride that motorcycle looking to score with Rob Halford.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:30:57 AM EST
"Look, I don't consider myself to be a good looking guy, so it is entirely possible that this could have been accidental contact." OP

Post your thread over in the female forums, I am sure it will get a laugh.
Dear Cosmo "Im hot but when we go out the guys always hit on my average looking friend."
Dear Cosmo reader: "guys are intimidated by good looks your average friend is more approachable, and may have desperate self esteem issues, Men find it easier to approach the average looking "

Perhaps he was just looking for some low hanging ....oh never mind.

I keed, I keed

What does your employee handbook have to say about those that contribute to a creepy work environment?

Just think somewhere on the other side of the internet some one just started a thread about how someone entered his domain and took "his" projector as a pretense for getting to know him better and when you returned it he slyly reciprocated with the secret handshake.

I keed, I keed, you probably wont see this thread for a while, take your time in BOTD
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:33:54 AM EST
Dude...

You need more in your life to worry about. Seriously.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:36:25 AM EST

So THAT'S what he meant when he sang "You've got another thing coming."

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:38:14 AM EST
One of the companies I work for recently hired a new employee we'll call 'Ralph'. Ralph is an observant Jew, who always wears a yamaka and has several books written in Hebrew on his desk. He is also flamingly homosexual. He has the most effeminate mannerisms I have ever seen a man have, including that certain lisp when he talks. I have no problem with either of these groups, but combine them and you have one very odd juxtaposition. Maybe odd is the best word that describes this guy? It's got nothing to do with his religion, or whom he sleeps with either. He is, as my Mom would say, just an 'odd duck'.

Anyway, I had a meeting in the office today that required a data projector and it turned out that the only available data projector was under Ralph's desk. I go and grab it (he wasn't there at the time), and settle in for a long, dull meeting. After everything wraps up, I put the data projector back in its nylon carrying case and grab it by the handle to return it to Ralph's desk.

I get to his cube and find Ralph has returned.

"here you go, Ralph." I say as I hand him the projector.

"Oh thank you" he says in his effeminate voice as he CARESSES THE BACK OF MY HAND WITH HIS FINGERS before taking the projector bag from me.

What in the goddamn hell...

i didn't say anything to him, or even make eye contact with him. I just got the hell out of there and immediately went and washed my hands.

Three times.

Look, I don't consider myself to be a good looking guy, so it is entirely possible that this could have been accidental contact... but I doubt it. I mean, for God sakes! There are a lot of ways to take something from someone without touching their hand. This didn't feel like an accident either. This felt like what i'd do if I was at the movies with a woman and I wanted to put a move on her. Accidental or not though, I just about lost my breakfast right there and then.I had made it to my 39th year in life without having my hand caressed by another man, and I was a helluva lot better off before than after. What has been done cannot be undone... I swear I can feel my skin crawl just thinking about it!

All I can say is that I cannot be held responsible for my actions if I show up for work tomorrow and find flowers on my desk.

Now if you will excuse me, I think I'm going to go back over to the Megan Fox thread. That might make me feel better about things.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:38:55 AM EST

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:40:57 AM EST

Bullshit! That's one of their little games...see if they can turn a straight guy.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:42:54 AM EST

So THAT'S what he meant when he sang "You've got another thing coming."

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:43:34 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/16/2009 11:45:12 AM EST by FMJshooter]
He's putting date rape drugs in the sodas you left at work as we speak.

"Watch your cornhole bud"

As far as gays not hitting on straight guys that's BS.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top