I just want to invite everyone to this year's Creedmoor Cup to be held on Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton California. Last summer Greg and I decided we needed to begin sponsoring an annual match that would eventually rival the nationals in scope and size. Within a few short months we were able to put on what was perceived as one of the best run matches ever. This year is going to be even bigger and better. Here are some important differences between this match and other matches:
- Service rifle shooters will not be competing against match rifle shooters. There will be two separate match results postings.
- Over 8600 NRA points will be awarded - (split evenly between Service and Match Rifle shooters).
- Over $20,000 in door prizes to be awarded after the team match on Sunday. Each shooter gets a single ticket for the drawing, no other tickets will be sold. Prizes include Hard Back shooting coats, TSN 821 Kowa Scopes, Kalispel cases and other very expensive prizes to be donated by Springfield Armory, Sinclair, Glock, and many others.
The match will be fired 12-14 November with a free clinic to be conducted on Wednesday November 10th, followed by a squadded practice on Thursday. Friday will be (3) 600 yd matches, Saturday will be the actual Creedmoor Cup 800 agg., Sunday will be a four-man 50 shot team match followed by a catered banquet and prize drawings.
I would encourage anyone who attended last year's match to share your opinions.
All the details can be found on our website: www.creedmoorsports.com
Other points of interest:
- The lady who runs the Rodriguez Range tower at Camp Perry (Jenny Boyd) will be calling the line.
- California has no problems letting “assault” rifles in and out of state. They just don’t like CA residents owning them. Just make sure you transport your “assault” rifle in a locked case.
Thanks, and I hope to see you there.
Gunner, put it in the Competitions sub-forum of the general forum and in the AR15 sub forum.
It won't get much play here.
I can't seem to find that forum. Can you direct me?