Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2006 11:11:41 AM EDT
Alright, I just paid my credit card bill online like I usually do. I'm pissed. I have 2 late payments at $39 each for the past couple months. When I first got the card my payments were due between the 22 and 24 of each month. Then they went to the 19 of each month(and stayed the 19th for about 2 years). I try and remember to pay online by the 17 so as to have it go through by the 19th. No problems for 2 years. Well, last month they switched to the 16th of each month. Since I pay online on the 17th, I had no idea it had even changed until it was already late. This month was really my fault as I just forgot they switched. Still I'm pissed. I mean send me an email or something!

Anyway, how late or how many times do you have to be late before it hurts your credit rating? Mine was great before this. Feel like I've been screwed over.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 11:13:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Just missing once will hurt it, but I have no idea as to how much. Seems pretty shitty they moved the due dates on you though.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 11:14:28 AM EDT
[#2]
It already has hurt your credit.  Go to esperian or equifax and look at your credit rating.  Creditors look at your payment history before usually the over a year or more.  The more you pay your bills on time the better you look.

Max
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 11:20:27 AM EDT
[#3]
It doesn't show up on your report as late until it's more than 30 days overdue.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 11:22:27 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It doesn't show up on your report as late until it's more than 30 days overdue.

+1, on your report it will only list it if its more than 30 days late
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 11:25:18 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm not too worried about one or two payments being a day or two late hurting my credit that much. I finish medical school in May, so I should be ok as far as getting loans and such. I mean we're not talking about a pattern of failures to pay just a couple of barely late payments. I'm just pissed off. It's the principal of the matter. It just seems shitty to change the date, not notify me, and then charge me more and damage my credit. I will be switching cards next month.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 11:26:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Oh, just read the last two replies. I type way too slow. That's good to know, but the $80 extra is still pretty low.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top