Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/2/2004 6:38:59 PM EST
Last night the neighbors must have been on vacataion and their kid had a party which equals cars going in a out of the driveway at all hours (My house is the first on a three house private lane), trash on my lawn and drunk kids stumbling around my families cars, possibly puking. This got me thinking about crazy neighbors, whats the most annoying you've had? Off the top of my head I can think remember....

The Templetons of doom (my families name for them) were the strangest. The wife would put powder on her trampoline to make sure us kids didn't use it, even though we had a bigger, better one we let all the neighborhood kids use. Sometimes when the wind blew it off, either her or her husband would come over and yell at my parents, accusing us of going on it, even though we didn't (well we did once, months after she started yelling at us about it, just for spite, oddly enough we didn't get yelled at much after that). They also had a fenced up little dog that barked all day which escaped all the time, once again we would be accused of letting it out, even though we hated that thing and preffered to keep it locked up where it wouldn't bother us.

Then came the Canadians who live where the Templetons of doom used to live. One of their kids liked to go around a flash everyone and occasionally we would see him buck ass naked jumping up and down on the trampoline. The parents did nothing to stop that, but after a few years we got rid of the trampoline so bouncing naked Canadians is no longer an issue. Now the new problem is that one of their kids loves shooting full auto paintballs guns. In fact he loves it so much, its all I hear from 2-6 in the afternoon. He must freeze the paintballs or something cause those things are fucking loud when they hit the tree. I've been thinking about one uping him and shooting off the M44.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:41:38 PM EST
just wait until you own your own house
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:44:41 PM EST
I've had bad neighbors and they can ruin everything. Fortunately I have great neighbors where I live now and it really makes you appreciate them.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:46:22 PM EST

we got rid of the trampoline so bouncing naked Canadians is no longer an issue.

Link Posted: 10/3/2004 2:21:05 AM EST
I bought a beautiful condo on a lake upon a time. It was absolute paradise. Beautifully done interior with lots of granite, marble, and woodwork. Walk down the hall and go kayaking on the lake every evening, nice sunsets. . . .

Then the owner of the unit below me went bankrupt and the unit was reposessed by the bank. For two months until they sold it, my place was broiling hot, because when the tenant in the unit was forced to leave he turned up every heater to the max. I had to leave my windows open in mid-February just to keep the place cool enough to live in.

Then the guy next door sold his off. The new owner smoked and blasted loud music all day, but it wasn't a big deal, just a little smoky sometimes.

Then the elephants moved in upstairs.

The woman upstairs bought a new house and rented her unit out to some 300-pounders who stomped around from literally 6:30am until 2:00am. You could set your clock by it. The two times I complained, they deliberately made even more noise until 3am or later; one of them stayed up late and bounced his foot off the floor about every 15 minutes just to piss me off.

As if this weren't bad enough, I started getting calls at all hours from people at the front door wanting to be let in. Eventually, I discovered that (a) a pair of drug dealers had rented one of the downstairs units and were selling to every teenage punk in the area, (b) their call-box code was 36, and mine was 33, and (c) the '3' key on the call-box stuttered, so people would punch the '3' and then the '6', but by the time they hit the '6', the call box was already ringing me.

In the end, I decided I had a choice. I could either go elephant hunting or I could move. I realized I was pretty well-off financially at the time, thanks to the tech boom, and could afford to move. So I did. Sell or rent was an easier decision -- sell, because any tenant I got for the place would leave within a week.

Getting the place ready to sell was a pain, and it was nervewracking wondering if anyone would ever buy it because of the noise from above and the smoke from the side. But I lucked out. It went on the market on a Monday afternoon; Monday evening the elephants apparently went out for dinner, and while they were out, two people came in, saw it, fell in love with the place, and put offers in the next morning. A few weeks later, the sale closed with no problems, and I was free of it.

About six months later, while unpacking some little-used junk trying to find something, I found a set of spare keys, and figured I would drop them off at the place to the new owner, who had planned to move in. You guessed it -- the new owner couldn't take it, and had moved out and rented the place. I hope the neighbors liked the new tenant -- she looked like a welfare case, fat, bloated, loud, fugly, and with a herd of screaming kids running around. The place reeked of diaper shit, too. I'm guessing she was running an illegal daycare or something. I don't think there's a man on the planet who would have impregnated her.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 2:35:13 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/3/2004 2:41:23 AM EST by Skammy]
10 years of a neighbor staring at us.. if we were outside he would come outside and just stand and stare... also had a son who would do the same thing...

I've had good luck with neighbors..
First place I lived at for 7 years.. Druggies and Racist!
Second place for 10 years.. crazy staring neighbor
Third Place for 2 years.. (Apartment) loud ass neighbor who liked to be loud and stomp around and have loud as music with his parties..
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 2:36:40 AM EST
I hate the ones that steal, and thier kids steal, but they see no problem in it, they get pissed when you try to get your stuff back.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 2:39:58 AM EST

Originally Posted By Sumo2000:

we got rid of the trampoline so bouncing naked Canadians is no longer an issue.

I work everyday to prevent just such an occurence.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 2:59:07 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/3/2004 2:59:32 AM EST by green18]
We've got a bunch of gear head morons who let thier small children ride quads(without helmets or adult supervision)around thier house right next to ours and up and down the driveway and through the common area entrance where the risk of getting hit by a car is very high. Makes my wife crazy and we're both waiting for one of them to get seriously hurt or killed but there's not much we can do except make sure they don't ride on our driveway........................................................................
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 3:05:37 AM EST
Yup, I hav ehad several of them...

In town, the in the next house accused me of stealing his bycycle, he even demanded he be let in the house to look for it, I told him to fuck off, he then called the cops, said I stole his bike, the cops came over, asked me if I stole his bike, I said no, and that was that...

The guy on the other side of me, would get mad at me for mowing my yard, if I BBQ, even my dryer vent, going to the outside of the house, get this, he called the cops about it, YUP, said I was polluting his yard, cops just laughed at him..

I MOVED...

The house I am in now, I own..

the place across the road is a major redneck attraction, the guy who had it when I moved here, hauled junk around in his truck, then piled it up in his carport, then every 3 months had a giant yardsale, with people parking in my yard, and blocking my driveway..

The kid that lives there, his dad bought the house for him, he does not work, will not even mow the yard, the grass is knee deep, likes to party, and blast that damn bass crap....

The older guy that lives on the other side of him, is nosy old bastard liberal, hates Bush, guns and freedom. and also likes to stare at you when you are outside....

Link Posted: 10/3/2004 3:17:14 AM EST
Have u seen the movie The Burbs with tom hanks..

Atleast u dont have neighbors like that!
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 3:21:19 AM EST
I had a neighbor who would also stare. I would just stand there flipping him the bird sign till he went inside.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 3:26:24 AM EST
Also lived in an apartment with a noisy neighbor above me. After several complaints that went unresolved , I made the apartment complex management move me to another unit and they paid the moving bill!
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 3:59:09 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:01:50 AM EST
Well about 5 years ago I was the crazy neighbor, parties all the time. My roommate had a Death Metal band that practiced in my basement.

Band sluts running around naked, drunks puking on the lawn.

Man those were the good old days.

Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:06:27 AM EST
That reminds me, it's time for my bi-monthly Sunday morning generator test.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:14:05 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/3/2004 7:00:52 AM EST by Waldo]
We've all probably got a bad neighbor story. I've had a few.

The guy next to me got re-married and moved to his wifes home. He rents this one. I never have any problems with the man a woman that rent it, but they have a few stepkids that are some real assholes. (late teens).

The other am, I come home from work and they are in the back yard shooting a bow. No big deal, hunting season is about to start. Then I hear the arrows hitting their landlords pole barn. They are using it for a target. I shrug and figure that's his problem.

Later that day I find an arrow sticking straight up in my front yard I should have picked up my bow and sent it into the side of the asshats car door. But I just broke it in half, threw it in their yard.

Next one is getting returned special delivery.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:01:49 AM EST
I guess I'm the asshole neighbor in my situation. My neighbor has three acres just like me but he has no tractor. I plow, disc, and drag harrow his garden every year. I let him use my bushhog everytime he needs to cut his pasture(about 3 times per year). Watch his house for him and feed his five dogs; at his request, when he and his family are on vacation or Boy Scout events. Let his retarded son stay at my house untill one of the parents get home from work when he forgets his house key. Take their kids to school sometimes when tey miss the bus and the parents are at work. I completely maintain our common limestone driveway that is on my property but deeded to allow him useage. I weld all his little odd jobs for him when he asks.

I'm the asshole though because all I ask of them is to keep their little POS house dog from shitting by my backdoor and to make their retarded kid stop opening my mailbox everytime he goes to check their mailbox. I would appreciate it if they would quit burning their garbage when the wind is blowing towards my house too but I found out by posting here that it's a god given right to burn your garbage even if it inconviences your benevolent neighbors.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:09:35 AM EST

Originally Posted By Headless_T_Gunner:
That reminds me, it's time for my bi-monthly Sunday morning generator test.

That always comes to mind whenever I think about paying a neighbor back. Simple, easy and annoying as hell!
Top Top