Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/3/2001 8:16:15 AM EDT
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=27189#lastPost[/url]
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 8:53:18 AM EDT
[#1]
That's right!Now how do all you non-believers think about us now?!Hey LT-we missed ya' buddy.
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 9:20:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Wished I coulda been there. Those shoots just get better and better. Just think a year ago they were only what.....about 5 of us? It was fun then its even more fun now. Great gettong to know like minded people. Maybe we can start turning back some of these anti gun laws. We just need a cohesive effort. Great show guys.
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 10:23:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I was there, but I still don't believe it. Glad there are lots of pics.

My appalling pistol handling in the comp put me in a bad mood for a little while, but I quickly got over it. Have many good memories including the machine guns and silencers, the effects of shotgun on watermelon and .50 on bowling pins, bump-firing my AR, and the awesome chili.
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 10:33:28 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't mean to seem stupid, but I thought machine guns & class III were illegal in CA.  Were you guys FFL's?  It looked like you guys had a lot of nice guns there.  Can someone from AZ bring in a dreaded assault weapon to a shoot like this?  Were all the guns registered?  I try to keep up on gun laws around our country so I don't accidentally get thrown in the slammer for a technical violation.  
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 11:19:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Gun Scum:
I don't mean to seem stupid, but I thought machine guns & class III were illegal in CA.  Were you guys FFL's?  It looked like you guys had a lot of nice guns there.  Can someone from AZ bring in a dreaded assault weapon to a shoot like this?  Were all the guns registered?  I try to keep up on gun laws around our country so I don't accidentally get thrown in the slammer for a technical violation.  
View Quote

With the right occupation and papers, you can posess just about anything here. My understanding was that the guys with the good stuff fell into that category. There was some discussion around the BBQ about the difficulties involved, it's not for the faint of heart!

There are some provisions in Kali law to let out of state AWs in for competitions and stuff. But our group is probably too informal to qualify.
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 1:31:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Probably mainly LE and C3 FFL's. C3/NFA is very rare in CA They do exist though. Cost bucks and you gotta know people in high places.
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 2:10:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Paramilitary training of the KGM- Kalifornia Goateehead Militia. After firing 200 rounds through the M2, they put their starbucks cups on the barrel to keep the latte warm.
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 2:48:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Don't confuse SoCal with NoCal. That kind of fun isn't allowed up here.
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 4:22:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Imbrog|io:
Paramilitary training of the KGM- Kalifornia Goateehead Militia. After firing 200 rounds through the M2, they put their starbucks cups on the barrel to keep the latte warm.
View Quote

There's no need for personal insults.

I don't have what it takes to join the KGM. No goatee, and the coffee I brought was from 7-11.
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 4:39:45 PM EDT
[#10]
oh yeah [b]desert rider[/b] THANKS!
for busting my cherry with your AR!
and for the awesome chili!!!!
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 5:22:13 PM EDT
[#11]
[img]http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SOCAL_AR15_Club/files/June%202nd%202001%20WebShooters%20pics/P6020026.jpg[/img]
We do ok.
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 7:05:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

and for the awesome chili!!!!
View Quote

Damn!!! This is the second time I did not get any of that chili everyone raves about.
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 7:12:17 PM EDT
[#13]
aaaaawwwwwwrrrrggggghhhhhh,chili!
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 7:40:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Hey LT, Post this on Ass web and see what they say about us. I bet they will still say we should be nuked off the continent, or an earthquake, or hordes of chinee, locust, power outage, riots, and other shtbrain scenerios.
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 8:12:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Hey LT, Post this on Ass web and see what they say about us. I bet they will still say we should be nuked off the continent, or an earthquake, or hordes of chinee, locust, power outage, riots, and other shtbrain scenerios.
View Quote

I kinda quit going there for sometime now. They have been lets just say and lil too "RACY" for me lately. Sad cause I have met some great people on that board in person. I notice they aren't posting much either. Oh well. I did post on the new AK-74.net though. Here check it out. [url]http://216.40.198.79/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=205&forum=1&5[/url]
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 9:33:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Rich, I posted a link to the Meetings and Events thread there yesterday. Just look under the Shoots and Meets section. Different and a few other of the Vegas AR15.com crowd now meet there.
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 10:41:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
There's no need for personal insults.
View Quote

I was just trying to help out, not insult.

I don't have what it takes to join the KGM. No goatee, and the coffee I brought was from 7-11.
View Quote

Give it time.
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 4:12:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Will they accept me w/o the goatee. I can't grow facial hair if my life depended on it. I do have the cell phone and Grande Americano w/ room though
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 5:05:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Will they accept me w/o the goatee. I can't grow facial hair if my life depended on it. I do have the cell phone and Grande Americano w/ room though
View Quote

You can always come in blackface, like Al Jolson.
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 7:10:20 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm also not a big fan of facial hair, it just doesn't look right when playing Ol' Abe with the bearded clam [:d]
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 7:22:24 AM EDT
[#21]
F/A in Cali is generally limited to the Film industry and dealers and manufacturers who deal with the police and miltary.
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 7:25:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
F/A in Cali is generally limited to the Film industry and dealers and manufacturers who deal with the police and miltary.
View Quote

And also featured at Web sHooters meets for your viewing pleasure.
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 8:30:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 4:12:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Looks like y'all had a great time. Sorry I missed it. I had to work. I'll try to make it to the next one.
View Quote

That`ll be 9-15-01
Also have a rifle class coming up. Email me if interested.
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 6:46:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 7:02:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Poo they take time to get all the little things together. That took alot of time and effort. not to mention cash. I also have to find a weekend that is not already booked for the range.
I am planning that rifle course in Aug. Look in the meetings section for details. I will email you some more details if interested.
Besides The next shoot is on my BDay[:)]
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 8:18:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 8:24:43 PM EDT
[#28]
We should have an informal gathering at Burro when it reopens...no work, just show up.
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 8:29:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Those nasty looking toys are really semi.

Thanks Rich, I appreciate all of your effort and hard work.  I had a perfectly good time.  
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 8:48:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
We should have an informal gathering at Burro when it reopens...no work, just show up.
View Quote

I miss that place. Great mountain scenery. Friendly staff. Cheap. Best of all a grease pit of a burger joint right down the hill and a liquor store to get your lotto ticket at. What more could you want in a Sat. Although Angeles seemed liked they had the facilities to accomodate the SoCal crew.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top