Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2007 4:00:47 PM EDT
Got these off Craigslist. And the guy was a mile away.

Sockets are mostly Craftsman and the opens are a mixture of everything.

all for $40. I think I got a good deal.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 4:22:51 PM EDT
[#1]
          Go to Sears and find out what $40 buys you! (and turn in any wore out or busted Craftsmens stuff for brand new )
         Unless they are hot then Karmas a bitch!
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 11:58:28 PM EDT
[#2]
good deal

but I agree with them possibly being hot

the deal seems a bit fishy

shit load of unmatched tools in a big pile with no toolbox or anything for $40
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 11:20:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 3:25:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Cleaned and inspected them today.also took a count. 207 sockets and 57 opens.

The sockets were 95% craftsman and a spatter of kolbalt and a few blackhawk. maybe 10 or so cheapy Chinese stuff.

I already pretty much have 2 complete sets of sockets in metric etric and inch but these were so tempting I could not resist.

I'm confidentthey are not hot as I went ot pick them up at the guys house and its in a million dollar neighborhood. Told me he's getting married and need to get rid of his junk.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 4:16:53 PM EDT
[#5]
That's a great deal man.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 5:53:47 PM EDT
[#6]
that pile of tools is not really worth anything to a real mechanic. You need to complete sets of tools for them to be of any real use. What you have is probably the stuff somebody didi not need out of several sets thus you have a bunc of stuff you may or may not need as well.....
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 6:08:54 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
that pile of tools is not really worth anything to a real mechanic. You need to complete sets of tools for them to be of any real use. What you have is probably the stuff somebody didi not need out of several sets thus you have a bunc of stuff you may or may not need as well.....

So they guy got 207 useless sockets that nobody wants or needs for $40?
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 7:31:15 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

What exactly are you saying?

Doesn't an individual 14mm socket work just as well as one taken from a complete set? They both do the exact same function.

I bet your Snap-On man really loves you.
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 8:29:39 AM EDT
[#9]
inevidibly(sp) if you purchase individual sockets in lieu of complete sets you'll not have the tool you need to complete that job.  

I purchase complete sets of Craftsman tools as they are inexpensive and fit the hardware very well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top