Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2004 4:34:34 AM EST
Do you like the old style, or the new pear shaped ratchets and why?

M4-AK
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 4:40:47 AM EST
I couldn't tell you honestly, all the ratchets I own are made by Snap-on
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 4:46:43 AM EST

None of my 3/8" drives I use at work live to old age. I usually end up dropping them (sooner or later). Once dropped, they go down the scap chutes to the basement 20' below, onto a steel conveyor, outside to a huge baler, to the steel mill.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 4:53:05 AM EST
All of mine at work are either Mac or Snap-On. Of the ones at home all are the old style of Craftsman, so I'm not familiar with the new style.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 5:22:26 AM EST
The old style is better. The new ones are slippery when held in greasy hands.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 7:03:37 AM EST
Old style. I agree that the new ones are too slipery.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 7:23:11 AM EST
I have a lot of Mac and Snap On stuff from when I worked as a mechanic. Now that I work in my own garage I have to rely on what I can easily get, Craftsman. I like their stuff and they back it up. As for the new style, I like it better. As far as slippery goes, what could be more slippery than a Snap On wrench. They're awfully pretty and very well made, but they have as smooth a surface as any tool out there.

Yeah...I used to be a tool snob too, but the Snap On man doesn't stop at my house every week like he did at the shop.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 7:50:26 AM EST
Old style.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 7:54:33 AM EST
I like the art deco limited editions. I have a small set of the old type in my drawer upstairs for house stuff, a medium set set of the new kind in my reloadings and gun room, and a large set of the limited edition with the art deco type handles (smooth and shiney like the new type, but with different shapes and swoops).
Top Top