Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2007 1:16:36 PM EDT
No, I'm not talking about California, or the location of the Special Wepons factory(ies).

the song "nymphetamine" rocks!

Okay, carry on.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 1:19:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Um OK

Link Posted: 4/22/2007 1:20:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 1:23:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I've seen CoF twice, have all the albums and DVDs, plus the terrible movie they made.

They put on a great show, and if you read the lyrics, have a prodigious vocabulary. Very creative.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 1:34:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Lot of people don't like them, due to the fact they are more "commercial" & "gone soft" than most black/death metal bands and hence think they aren't very good. When in reality, COF really isn't that commercial and few of their songs are soft to say the least.

I like them and Dani F. is very creative, not a big fan of them live though.

Really like the 80's Temptation remake......

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfMa2lrFxhY

Link Posted: 4/22/2007 1:49:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Thornography was crap.

I like Dusk in her embrace or Midian.

Those are their better cd's.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 3:06:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Nymphetamine is a good song but as others said, there are better ones. If you like them then check out Children of Bodom, They are pretty cool too.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 3:17:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I own a few albums but I've never been able to get used to Dani's voice...theres just something about it.
Musically I love it.

That being said as far as the more popular "black/death" metal bands, Dimmu Borgir walks all over them imho.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 6:35:08 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I own a few albums but I've never been able to get used to Dani's voice...theres just something about it.
Musically I love it.

That being said as far as the more popular "black/death" metal bands, Dimmu Borgir walks all over them imho.

i like SOILWORK

but COF sucks.   and they scare me  
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 7:41:11 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
No, I'm not talking about California, or the location of the Special Wepons factory(ies).

the song "nymphetamine" rocks!

Okay, carry on.

CoF sucks.

I listen to real metal.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 7:59:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Never heard of them until I got  direct TV with the audio channels

they play them all the time on the Metal channel

they are OK but
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 9:51:26 PM EDT
[#11]
I can listen to them, not a huge fan though. They are loosely coined a Black Metal band, I guess I can see that. Not a great band, not bad either. I like thier newer materal. Im more of a DoomMetal type of guy. If I want real Black Metal, I stick with the originators such as Immortal, Emperor, 1349, Burzum, and Enslaved.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 9:58:49 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I can listen to them, not a huge fan though. They are loosely coined a Black Metal band, I guess I can see that. Not a great band, not bad either. I like thier newer materal. Im more of a DoomMetal type of guy. If I want real Black Metal, I stick with the originators such as Immortal, Emperor, 1349, Burzum, and Enslaved.

Oh no, someone had to mention Immortal.....

Link Posted: 4/22/2007 10:06:19 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v70/ZakkWylde470/Funnies/bm3.jpg

Yeah, yeah, I know, it looks cheesy.

If you really wanna see something bad, check out a video. This makes a Candlemass video look like an oscar worthy performance.

Immortal

This is cool though. Varg Vikernies from Mayhem. Song he made while in jail for blowing his bandmembers brains out with a 12ga.

Burzum
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 10:07:40 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What is wrong with Immortal?

Btw all those bands SBC mentioned are amazing.

You can't forget Dark Throne and Gorgoroth in the black metal category. Oh and Dark Funeral!!!
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 10:14:34 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What is wrong with Immortal?

Btw all those bands SBC mentioned are amazing.

You can't forget Dark Throne and Gorgoroth in the black metal category. Oh and Dark Funeral!!!

Marduk!!!

Also, cant forget the founders:Venom and Bathory!!
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 10:16:25 PM EDT
[#16]
I saw them on viva la bam they suck.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 10:45:06 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, yeah, I know, it looks cheesy.

If you really wanna see something bad, check out a video. This makes a Candlemass video look like an oscar worthy performance.

Immortal

This is cool though. Varg Vikernies from Mayhem. Song he made while in jail for blowing his bandmembers brains out with a 12ga.

Burzum

Varg is not serving time for the suicide of Per Ohlin, he is doing time for the stabbing murder of Mayhem's Euronymous. Euronymous broke a label contract with him early on in Burzum's recordings. Despite his political views, Varg is quite an interesting man.

As far as CoF goes, The Dusk and Her Embrace and Cruelty and the Beast are by far the most interesting for me. While changing their style dramatically since 94', Dimmu Borgir still blows Cradle away live and on any album. For more esoteric bm, look into Leviathan/Lurker of Chalice, Absu, and Ruins of Beverast.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top