Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2003 7:40:37 AM EDT
I just walked past a coworker wasting time surfing ARFCOM.  I think I should report him.  NOT!

Anyway, I don't know him and he doesn't know me.  That needs to be fixed.

Problem is his cube is too close to my VP's office to strike up the black rifle converstation.

So, which one of you is it....I'll find you!!!!
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 8:03:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Maybe he is doing research on you to see what your views are, so he can report them to the VP?
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 8:11:17 AM EDT
[#2]
You are so busted!
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 8:11:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Gime me another hint...What town are you in?
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 8:15:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Ummmmm...how about narrowing it down just a bit?
It isn't Crystal City is it?  (Our VP is out of the office right now...but one never knows!)   [peep]
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 9:11:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 9:16:09 AM EDT
[#6]
I think he was just snooping through your browser history and wanted to know what this ar15.com site is all about, since you spend 5 hours out of 8 there. ;)
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 9:21:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I think he was just snooping through your browser history and wanted to know what this ar15.com site is all about, since you spend 5 hours out of 8 there. ;)
View Quote

Yup, 5 outta 8 hrs then lunch...2 hours of work.  You work for the Govt.right?
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 12:25:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Reston. Telco.

I don't work for the Government but do spend probably 4 hours out of my 9 hour day logged on.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 12:27:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Ooo Ooo...I got it SPRINT!
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 12:37:50 PM EDT
[#10]
You may have just lost out on a great opportunity!

You could have made a comment about “those evil looking black rifles” and how no one should own them. Or how you would never shoot one of them.  Then your co-worker most likely would have offered to let you shoot his with his own ammo (you did say it was a “he”).  Then once you used up a couple hundred rounds of his match ammo you could have excused yourself, gone to your car, grabbed your rifle to see how well that expensive match ammo shoots in yours.

Course if you did do that, I would recommend that you have some ammo on hand to replace what you shot and pick up the bar tab.

edited for drinking grammar!
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 12:48:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Ooo Ooo...I got it SPRINT!
View Quote

Nope.

Next hint.

Blimey!
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 1:02:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Send him a private email, welcome him as a comrade in arms, and tactfully suggest that he shouldn't be surfing that site at work, just to keep the bosses cool.

CJ
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 1:17:47 PM EDT
[#13]
send him a PM saying "turn around, you're busted" and then run down to his cubicle and stand behind him.  

Of course, it would be hard to send him a PM unless you know who it is, so you're going to have to go back down there and shoulder surf until you see his login name.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 1:57:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Teleglobe!
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 2:41:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Teleglobe!
View Quote

Take off ya' hoser.  Teleglobe is headquartered in Montreal

Next hint(s)

You bloody yanks think your the only ones that  ever had a telco monopoly?
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 4:09:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Has to be C&W...
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 4:12:48 PM EDT
[#17]
I saw some dude in the college library checking out AK's on gunsamerica.  Gun nut!
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 4:22:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Three rules about ARs at in the workplace.
1. DONT talk about ARs
2. DONT! talk about ARs
3. If u must talk about ARs, do it behind the dumpster so no one can here you.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 4:46:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Teleglobe!
View Quote

Take off ya' hoser.  Teleglobe is headquartered in Montreal

Next hint(s)

You bloody yanks think your the only ones that  ever had a telco monopoly?
View Quote
WorldCom?  TelecomUSA?
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 6:17:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Don't talk about AR's at the work place?  You can where I work!

[/thread hijack]

I used to keep my AR by my desk, and a coworker and I stripped down our AR's at one end of the lab table and compared parts.  There were a couple Canuck consultants preparing lab samples on the other end of the 8' table.  They didn't make a peep.

One of them jumped a foot in the air when he dropped the bolt on an empty chamber for a function check.

I wonder what they talked about when they went home to Vancouver?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top