Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 14
Posted: 11/15/2012 4:39:29 PM EDT

I would friggin lose it

OKLAHOMA CITY — An Oklahoma City family is out hundreds of dollars after a burglar targeted their car Monday.

But just by looking at their computer screen, Debby and Cory Cannon saw where their stolen goods went.

“It’s just a helpless infuriating feeling when you know exactly where your stuff is and there’s nothing you can do about it unless you want to sacrifice your safety,” Debby Cannon said.
She said someone stole her purse, wallet and her husband’s phone from their car sitting in their own driveway.

Little did the criminals know, the phone they stole was pinging a signal back to the Cannons, showing their location in a neighborhood on S.W. 38th St.

The family had just downloaded a GPS tracker on their phone that allowed them to see where the thieves were located.

Officers knocked on a door where the phone was showing up but got no answer.

The Cannons said officers told them they need a warrant to search for their property, and with these cases piling up, they say that could take time
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 4:40:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Go to H&H , buy a gun, get back property , profit?
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 4:41:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I guess the cops never heard of a telephone warrant.
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 4:42:46 PM EDT
[#3]

I would have a hard time not setting that house on fire.

Link Posted: 11/15/2012 4:42:47 PM EDT
[#4]
"well, that's unfortunate that you won't help us. I have many friends that will. It would be unfortunate if something should happen to the thief."
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 4:43:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Ain't no justice like vigilante justice.
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 4:44:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 4:44:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Too many forms to fill out, and no revenue for the agency, so what is so hard to understand here?
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 4:45:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Ain't no justice like vigilante justice.

I'm not usually one to recommend this but...
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 4:45:39 PM EDT
[#9]
oh, but the police are here for their pension your safety
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 4:49:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Some people just expect too much from the police.
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 4:49:32 PM EDT
[#11]
It's for officer safety
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 4:51:46 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

"Don't worry about the warrant. I'll run home and get my rifle and body armor."

I'm sure that'd shut them up real quick, and get them started on the warrant.

ETA  If it didn't, I'd do the same thing.

"Don't worry about it officer, I'll grab my shotgun, my AR-15, and my Glock.  I'll call a couple buddies with the same, and we'll get this taken care of.  We'll call you for cleanup when it's over."

Link Posted: 11/15/2012 4:52:15 PM EDT
[#13]
dumbasses didn't have the explosive battery app.
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 4:53:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Exactly what I was thinking.
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 4:54:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Hey not funnyt I got some lazy fucking PD to  get off their ass like that once.

Link Posted: 11/15/2012 4:57:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I guess the cops never heard of a telephone warrant.

Or that probable cause thing.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 4:58:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 4:59:38 PM EDT
[#18]
I don't curse much but fuck the lazy fuckstick cops for being fuckheads and POS cops in name only. [PINO Police In Name Only]

I wonder why these cases are piling up...............could it be the COPS are the reason?
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 5:00:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Go to H&H , buy a gun, get back property , profit?

They've already been robbed once!
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 5:01:06 PM EDT
[#20]
I'd be livid...and tempted to solve the problem myself.

Link Posted: 11/15/2012 5:05:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Officer since you wont get a warrant do you know anyone with a backhoe?
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 5:08:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The Cannons said officers told them they need a warrant to search for their property, and with these cases piling up, they say that could take time

We get these calls all the time, and the phone is NOT always where the GPS shows it to be.
And yeah, we aren't gonna get a warrant over a stolen cell phone.
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 5:11:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey not funnyt I got some lazy fucking PD to  get off their ass like that once.

Me too.  
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 5:11:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

We get these calls all the time, and the phone is NOT always where the GPS shows it to be.

Better things to do like sit at the doughnut shop and play bad ass cop with the counter girl? Maybe file some union grievances on the side.

Maybe even calling the phone number and see if a phone starts to ring inside?
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 5:13:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Isn't stuff like that more important than sitting in the median handing out fast driving awards?
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 5:15:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Isn't stuff like that more important than sitting in the median handing out fast driving awards?

That's income for the State and locality, MUCH more important then, you know, trying to solve crimes and catch criminals.
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 5:15:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

They also took the families purse and wallet, I'm sure they have credit cards in there. You really don't think felony theft is worth investigating?

Really?
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 5:15:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Better things to do like sit at the doughnut shop and play bad ass cop with the counter girl? Maybe file some union grievances on the side.

No, more like answer other calls for service, which would be piling up deep in the hours it would take to get a warrant over a stolen cell phone that in many cases is not where the GPS says it is.
I had to walk all over a golf course green about a month ago on one of these calls a month or so back with a guy and a wife whose cell phone was pinging stationary on the course. It wasn't there and we combed the area for almost an hour before giving up.
Insurance. Use it. We get those calls all the time too.
Quoted:

They also took the families purse and wallet, I'm sure they have credit cards in there. You really don't think felony theft is worth investigating?

Really?

It WAS investigated.
The cards can be cancelled and replaced.
As I said, we aren't going to get a warrant over a GPS ping. Sorry to pop your bubble,

Quoted:

See above
I wrote one ticket last month, and that was an accident related ticket.
We really do have more to do in a shift than you guys seem to think
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 5:19:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Looks like a bunch of McMansions on BING maps...
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 5:19:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, more like answer other calls for service, which would be piling up deep in the hours it would take to get a warrant over a stolen cell phone that in many cases is not where the GPS says it is.
I had to walk all over a golf course green about a month ago on one of these calls a month or so back with a guy and a wife whose cell phone was pinging stationary on the course. It wasn't there and we combed the area for almost an hour before giving up.
Insurance. Use it. We get those calls all the time too.

If the cops cannot or will not enforce the most basic laws, we're in trouble.  Folks are gonna stop talking about vigilantism and start practicing it.  Just saying'....
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 5:20:50 PM EDT
[#31]
5 Gallons of gas and a flare=BBQ felon and less payout for STDs,EBT,Welfare,section 8 housing,and prison space.Reality is you run your mouth and they shoot you and your dog.
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 5:24:15 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But you will line up to taze the fuck out of someone who wants to keep his house from burning down, if you tell him to stop.  Won't you?

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1390707_Police_taze_man_for_trying_to_save_his_house_from_a_fire_.html

Why did you stop posting in the thread where you certainly approved and supported illegal action by the LEO, yet find time to troll yet another thread where the LEOs action is suspect?

Link Posted: 11/15/2012 5:24:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

If the cops cannot or will not enforce the most basic laws, we're in trouble.  Folks are gonna stop talking about vigilantism and start practicing it.  Just saying'....

Maybe you should talk to your politicians about funding more LEO positions then, if you want a certain level of police services.
That still wouldn't mean that we'd get a warrant over a GPS ping.
See what I said above about how they can ping a wrong location.

Quoted:

Why did you stop posting in the thread where you certainly approved and supported illegal action by the LEO, yet find time to troll yet another thread where the LEOs action is suspect?

I've been out of town for the last two days, and there comes a certain point in some threads where theres no point in discussing the issue any longer because some people have their minds made up.
THAT thread was one such thread
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 5:25:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or they get the warrant and the GPS is off and they hit the wrong house and you righteous fuck heads bash them for that.  New thread "Cops hit wrong house over wrong GPS hit and kill a dag."  Fuck off.  
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 5:28:46 PM EDT
[#35]
I am shocked anyone even wastes their time calling the police over stuff like this.
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 5:30:27 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:Quoted:

I've been out of town for the last two days, and there comes a certain point in some threads where theres no point in discussing the issue any longer because some people have their minds made up.

THAT thread was one such thread

So, are you still supporting violent actions against firefighters?

Link Posted: 11/15/2012 5:34:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

There was nothing in that thread about violent action twards fire fighters.
That thread was about a guy who wouldn't comply and was tased and yes, I do stand by the posts I made in that thread.,
Of course the typical opposing views were heard as was expected.
Just like we're seeing views expressed here about us spending most of our time in donut shops and handing out tickets.
Uninformed people are just plain uninformed people, and at some point they just aren't worth exchanging posts with anymore.
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 5:35:28 PM EDT
[#38]
I would handle it myself

Free
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 5:37:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

The joke would be on those cops, I don't have body armor.
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 5:37:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you for the brutal truth.

And for reminding the rest of us that the government is not in the business of administering justice.
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 5:38:04 PM EDT
[#41]
OKCPD is too busy doing "real" cop work to help a lowly citizen recover their stolen property
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 5:40:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The joke would be on those cops, I don't have body armor.

Well get some!
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 5:40:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Shoot a hole in the house.

They'll have to go in for a welfare check and see all the other loot.
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 5:41:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you for the brutal truth.

And for reminding the rest of us that the government is not in the business of administering justice.

Wouldn't want to have to catch any thieves. There's no revenue generation with that.
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 5:41:49 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There was nothing in that thread about violent action twards fire fighters.

That thread was about a guy who wouldn't comply and was tased and yes, I do stand by the posts I made in that thread.,

Of course the typical opposing views were heard as was expected.

Just like we're seeing views expressed here about us spending most of our time in donut shops and handing out tickets.

Uninformed people are just plain uninformed people, and at some point they just aren't worth exchanging posts with anymore.
I am not "uninformed people", and I am telling you that you are supporting criminal behavior.

You claim to be LEO, and I believe that you are.  

Why would you take this side?  Do you no know the damage that YOU do to your profession with your ridiculous positions?

Link Posted: 11/15/2012 5:43:37 PM EDT
[#46]
So does that mean the police will be too busy to do anything when the owners kick in the door and take their stuff back?
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 5:44:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Did the officers get home safe?
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 5:44:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 5:45:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
]I am not "uninformed people", and I am telling you that you are supporting criminal behavior.

You claim to be LEO, and I believe that you are.  

Why would you take this side?  Do you no know the damage that YOU do to your profession with your ridiculous positions?

You're uninformed. Its that simple. You have a tank. How would you like an uninformed non-mil person to start weighing in on how you should perform your MOS?
My positions aren't ridiculous; you simply disagree with what I post. Theres a difference, and we clearly have had our differences in the past because you've been clicked on atr some point in the past.
Why I bother even responding to ignore people........

Quoted:

Seriously? It's not like you're patrolling the crime ridden streets of Gotham. I think here they would do it figuring they would find other stolen stuff.

Seriously what?
I already said that we get these calls all the time. Many times the phone isn't where the GPS says it is. Sometimes it is and the phones recovered in a public place.
But yeah, we aren't going to get a warrant and tie up hours in the process while other calls stack up.
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 5:45:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Seriously? It's not like you're patrolling the crime ridden streets of Gotham. I think here they would do it figuring they would find other stolen stuff.

You don't know what it's like, man.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top