Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/18/2008 9:43:48 PM EDT
im still working with the Av mode on the camera, still havent got it QUITE down, but i can see a difference in some of the photos...

most of these were taken with the zoom on the lens almost maxed out, and some of the subjects were just on the outskirts of the lens's range...but for me hey, i like em, so i figured i would share them with you..

my goal for today was to catch at least one bird on the wing, so i acomplished my goal for the day...so im happy..

Not my best...none are really sharp, was stretching the lens as far as i could, and still nothing to really work with....but i figured i would share anyways...hope you enjoy...

And these guys fly slow enough for the AF motor in my Sigma lens to keep up with..and still had the lens stretched too far...i see some better glass in my future, with the quickness !!!
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 9:51:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I dought I could do better.

Practice, practice, and then some practice.

One of these wouldn't hurt either.

Lens

-Mark.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 11:46:33 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Lens

-Mark.

Yeah problem is if i had that kinda $$$$ i would be dumping it into my AR15...not my Rebel

im actually looking into the 100-400 EF IS and the 400mm f5.6  i cannot make up my mind which im gonna get first.....prolly the 100-400EF IS
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 3:10:43 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lens

-Mark.

Yeah problem is if i had that kinda $$$$ i would be dumping it into my AR15...not my Rebel

im actually looking into the 100-400 EF IS and the 400mm f5.6  i cannot make up my mind which im gonna get first.....prolly the 100-400EF IS

I have the 100-400 and it's a great lens, but it's not very fast on a Rebel.  The AF on birds on the wing will be a challenge.  It's wonderfull for airshows and slower moving animals though.

And there's no way I could afford that 400 2.8 either.  A guy can dream, right?

-Mark.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top