Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2005 12:52:40 PM EDT
Anyone here play counterstrike [still?] ??

For some reason, nothing lets the stress of a shitty week drain away like a few beers and an hour of CS:S on the office map.

What says the peanut gallery?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 2:01:24 PM EDT
[#1]
not in a while. been playing Day of Defeat instead
even the "secure" CS servers had a bunch of cheaters on them
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:09:27 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
not in a while. been playing Day of Defeat instead
even the "secure" CS servers had a bunch of cheaters on them

<------------- Former CS:S Server Admin

Pain in the ass to keep all the cheaters at bay.

Camper strike blows.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:15:02 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Camper strike blows.  

That is putting it mildly.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:46:21 PM EDT
[#4]
So...it's not just my imagination.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:02:14 PM EDT
[#5]
thing is, CS had some really fun maps.
damn cheaters
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:24:10 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
thing is, CS had some really fun maps.
damn cheaters

Which do you prefer?

Extra points if they're drunk friendly.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:20:05 PM EDT
[#7]
can't remember the names, but the office one was usually fun. and the one where the terrorists are in the house with hostages and the CT can either go in by tunnel or go arounf the side of a cliff (while dodging sniper and AK fire from the roof). Also the one in what looks to be an Italian or other european village
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:28:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Never liked CS_Office. The other two you mentioned are CS_Militia and CS_Italy (or possibly DE_Torn).

Some of the best maps were custom jobs by 3DMike (and others)... DE_Survivor, CS_Rio and DE_Predator were a few of my favorites, along with models like Gabor Design's Salma Hayek Terrorist and [someone's] Ultimate M4. Most of the great custom jobs never saw regular rotation on servers other than those dedicated to custom maps.

With the advent of decent AI bots I stopped playing CS online altogether, but even the bots cheat so you can't really tell the difference. Plus, compared to BF2 it's just insufferably static and stale.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:28:49 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
can't remember the names, but the office one was usually fun. and the one where the terrorists are in the house with hostages and the CT can either go in by tunnel or go arounf the side of a cliff (while dodging sniper and AK fire from the roof). Also the one in what looks to be an Italian or other european village

Nice vauge descriptions

I like Italy, Aztec, Office, and Chateau.  There was also some really good custom maps, but unless it's Dust, Dust 2, or Office the server would die.

Lego, Fortress, and Mario were some fun maps.

Unfortunatley too many damn queers who only want Dust out there.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:08:47 PM EDT
[#10]
this being the case, anyone on tonite?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:04:24 PM EDT
[#11]
assault was my fav.
then dust.
i quit CS when BF1942 came out.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 12:19:31 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Ohh man, thats so true.  I really liked the custom maps like iceworld, mario castle, or poolday.  Those where fun, quick maps.  Instead, most people wanna be little fags and play Dust/dust2 where they can whore the awp.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:43:33 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ohh man, thats so true.  I really liked the custom maps like iceworld, mario castle, or poolday.  Those where fun, quick maps.  Instead, most people wanna be little fags and play Dust/dust2 where they can whore the awp.

Of course there was always the moaners.. I want dust... I want this... Why don't you turn on the Sig... bitch bitch bitch.

Being an admin does have it's priveladges.  Like auto ban.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:30:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Sometimes I enjoyed hunting only cheaters when admins werent around. I would dance on their graves when their hacks could not save them from my .50AE(yes, I use the desert eagle constantly and try to rarely divert from it). Hunting bitches is the shit.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:34:51 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Sometimes I enjoyed hunting only cheaters when admins werent around. I would dance on their graves when their hacks could not save them from my .50AE(yes, I use the desert eagle constantly and try to rarely divert from it). Hunting bitches is the shit.

Except when they have the speed hack.

Now that's a bitch to deal with (like the name spoofing, that was fun to deal with too).
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 11:55:45 AM EDT
[#16]
I finally got a decent rig to play Condition Zero with.   I know, but I upgraded from a 733mhz I bought in 00'.    I like knifing people.   It royally pisses them off.   Hit me up sometime and we'll throw a few nades...   -={J33T3R}=-
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:52:07 AM EDT
[#17]
I play CS:S all the time.  Love it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:01:47 AM EDT
[#18]
CS is right on....great game!

And about the hackers, yeah theres alot of them...thankfully I'm an admin and enjoy using my powers.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:18:42 PM EDT
[#19]
I still play a little. But tonight I am making my shift to Day of Defeat: Source. I have it preloaded but the bastards still will not let me play it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:40:01 PM EDT
[#20]
20 mins to go W00T!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 2:39:12 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I still play a little. But tonight I am making my shift to Day of Defeat: Source. I have it preloaded but the bastards still will not let me play it.

Can't wait to try that out! DoD is an excellent break from cs, and this new one looks killer.

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 2:49:20 PM EDT
[#22]
I'd play DoD : Source, I'm sure it's going to kick ass, but I've just never been into WWII sims.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:00:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Well I bought the HL2 silver pack a couple nights ago(I was waiting to buy it untill DoD:S came out...I didn't want to pay for it and not be able to play it) and I must say the new dod is a blast!! The graphics are killer and the game play seems faster for some reason.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top