Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2005 2:54:01 AM EDT
Hopefully, more of us will.....

Though not in these articles, this guy apparently saw her getting beaten by the hijacker and turned around to follow them...

accessnorthga.com/news/ap_newfullstory.asp?ID=65036

www.cbs46.com/Global/story.asp?S=3838051

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:55:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Good story of the value of armed citizens.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:56:36 AM EDT
[#2]
[libtard]How dare he!!!  The cops will protect us!  Why was that vigilante allowed to have a weapon??!![/libtard]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:59:15 AM EDT
[#3]
suspect got what was coming to him
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:10:35 AM EDT
[#4]
too bad the carjacker killed his victim before he got shot.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:39:52 AM EDT
[#5]
ACWORTH, Ga. (AP) -- A woman was killed in an accident during an alleged carjacking and a suspect was shot dead by a bystander while attempting to flee from the scene Monday, police said.

The woman died when a cement truck hit the SUV she and her suspected carjacker were riding in. The alleged carjacker was then shot by a man who had the witnessed the crash, Cobb County police said.

Witnesses said the woman -- identified as Kimberly Boyd, 30, of Acworth -- was carjacked in her white Toyota Sequoia at about 9:30 a.m. along Cobb Parkway near Acworth, police said.

The suspect drove the SUV south about two miles and then tried to make a left turn when the SUV was broadsided by an oncoming cement truck, police said. The woman, in the passenger seat, was killed instantly.

The suspect was killed by a man who had driven up in a black pick-up truck, said Dana Pierce, a Cobb County police spokesman. The man -- identified as Shawn Roberts of Acworth -- said he saw the suspect strike the woman and drive erratically, Pierce said. He also saw the suspect emerge from the Sequoia carrying a handgun, he said.

Roberts was questioned by police and released.

The name of the suspect was not immediately released.

Acworth is about 30 miles northwest of Atlanta.

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:10:30 AM EDT
[#6]
I guess it was a good shoot since they let him go, but "suspect attempted to flee" is kind of strange. Glad he killed him, don't get me wrong....
The guy presued and shot him while he was attempting to flee? Did the jacker have a weapon or something? I just woke up, am I missing something?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:16:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Said the BG came out of the SUV with a gun.  Have another cup of coffee :)
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:21:35 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
ACWORTH, Ga. (AP) -- The man -- identified as Shawn Roberts of Acworth -- said he saw the suspect strike the woman and drive erratically, Pierce said. He also saw the suspect emerge from the Sequoia carrying a handgun, he said.

I see 2nd Degree Murder charges in Mr Roberts' very near future.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:22:44 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I guess it was a good shoot since they let him go, but "suspect attempted to flee" is kind of strange. Glad he killed him, don't get me wrong....
The guy presued and shot him while he was attempting to flee? Did the jacker have a weapon or something? I just woke up, am I missing something?

Yes.

The suspect was killed by a man who had driven up in a black pick-up truck, said Dana Pierce, a Cobb County police spokesman. The man -- identified as Shawn Roberts of Acworth -- said he saw the suspect strike the woman and drive erratically, Pierce said. He also saw the suspect emerge from the Sequoia carrying a handgun, he said.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:25:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top