Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/12/2004 3:49:26 PM EDT
I have thought about all the folks who really should be eliminated for one reason or another, & as a kid saw the glamorous side of being a hit man, like in the movies. I wanted to be a hit man as a kid for a short period of time. But the reality of killing someone for money, even the thought of it, just sickens me. I could never live with myself if I did such a dastardly deed. Even if the man was a total scum bag who deserved it 100% based on his life's actions. If the state decides to kill him I have no problem with that, & think it should be happening day & night in our prison systems till they are darn near empty.

I don't consider legitimate jobs that require killing such as LEO, military etc, as wrong.
I'm talking about murder, not killing.

Could you ever find it in the darkest corner of your soul to murder for money? & if so how would you live with what you did?
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 3:51:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Would certainly require a home in another country.

And I don't think the retirement plan is very good.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 3:52:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a paypal addy and weaponry, point me in the right direction.........

*knock, knock.  Mr. Bigscrun we need to have a few words with you*
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 3:53:29 PM EDT
[#3]
For money? Probably not. I can think of a few people I would do for free though.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 3:55:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I used to own a copy of "The Hitmans Handbook" by Palidin Press. It was a very good read and like the book stated, most of the time when someone puts a "Hit" out on a person the person really does deserve it. Say a Child Molester beat the rap in court and went scott free, maybe one of the parents would still want justice to be served so what do they do-They call a Hitman. As a Hitman all you are is the "tool", the person that ordered the Hit is the judge and jury. I can honestly say that there are a lot of people that deserve to die and if someone can make a living from it more power to em'.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 3:56:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Never crossed my mind to kill for hire but then was raised on a farm with animal slaughter and hunting.  Death has kind of always been too real for me I guess.

Did have my white cowboy hats and twin cap guns though and had no problem with "Draw you dog!".

Tj
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 4:05:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Sure, it sounds good at first but, really, it's just like any other job. Do it day in and day out and pretty soon something that used to be an enjoyable hobby becomes a drudgery....

Link Posted: 5/12/2004 4:06:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Keith, your just too crazy for words, thanks for the laugh.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 4:08:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 4:09:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Money, politics, religion, sure I could do it, I do not because there is no real market for it up here, and my wife woudl leave me if I did,

But it is temtping to do the work that needs to be done

also I woudl only do it against criminals, rapists, murders, child molesters, mobsters...

not susie homemaker banging the neighborhood paperboy and not wanting to lsoe all her money when hubby finds out
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 4:20:54 PM EDT
[#10]
yes, but they would have to deserve it in some way.

Just would not go out and kill a kid so the father could skip child support.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 4:23:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 4:23:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Do you get dental with that?

Link Posted: 5/12/2004 4:23:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Years ago I actually gave it some thought. Shit, there's TONS of ways to take someone out-rifles, handguns, compound bows, crossbows, cyanide spilled on the skin, Taser someone and you have your way with them-hell, it'd be EASY if your conscience can handle it.

Problem is, though, that most of the people that hire you for a hit wouldn't want you around to talk about it afterwards, and you'd live a life of paranoia, expecting someone to step out of the dark and double-tap you to the head with a supressed .22. Or the anxiety every time you start your car or truck.

NOT a real quality of life situation, IMHO.

However, if I could do it, get away with it and live the life of Prof. Hemlock in The Eiger Sanction, hell yes I'd do it.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 4:26:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Nope. Doing it for money implies that you don't have to believe in what you're doing, and try to justify it by telling yourself they're bad guys anyway or nobody would want them dead.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 4:27:47 PM EDT
[#15]
I've taken courses on forensic science and criminal investigation.  There are just to many ways to get caught, its not worth it.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 4:37:56 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I've taken courses on forensic science and criminal investigation.  There are just to many ways to get caught, its not worth it.

you would make a good one then.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 4:40:23 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Use a Cooey .22 or a Savage model.... there are millions of them out there.... dump it in the bay deep, Burn the shoes and clothign you were wearing, in a campfire, and make sure to keep addign wood to it and stirrign the ashes......   there wil be nothign for them to link fibers, or rifling too....

Just don't be stupid and leave DNA behind
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 4:43:50 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I used to own a copy of "The Hitmans Handbook" by Palidin Press. It was a very good read and like the book stated, most of the time when someone puts a "Hit" out on a person the person really does deserve it. Say a Child Molester beat the rap in court and went scott free, maybe one of the parents would still want justice to be served so what do they do-They call a Hitman. As a Hitman all you are is the "tool", the person that ordered the Hit is the judge and jury. I can honestly say that there are a lot of people that deserve to die and if someone can make a living from it more power to em'.

That book was written by a woman who got her information from watching matlock and some other t.v. crime show.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 4:49:12 PM EDT
[#19]
If I had Carte Blanc with the Feds, I honestly would do it. Not necessarily for the money, more for doing justice.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 4:52:00 PM EDT
[#20]
I saw a case on tv where the hitman used the ideas from that book, & they linked the book ownership, & the little clues left behind, & caught all the people involved. It was a case that seemed impossible to break but the minute amount of evadence, was enough to send them all to prison for life.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 4:54:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Oh yeah, then there's guy's like Sammy the Bull Gravono. Who kill, & kill, & kill, & never get caught.

But God knows, & nothing done in the dark will remaine hidden from him.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 5:07:02 PM EDT
[#22]
jya.com/ap.htm

and a good background summary: www.antioffline.com/apol.html

It's an unholy mix of encryption, anonymity, and digital cash to bring about the ultimate annihilation of all forms of government. The system, which Bell spent years talking up online, uses digital cash and anonymity to predict and confirm assassinations.

"I once believed it's too bad that there are a lot of people who work for government who are hard-working and honest people who will get hit (by Assassination Politics) and it's a shame," he says. "Well, I don't believe that any more. They are all either crooks or they tolerate crooks or they are aware of crooks among their numbers."

That kind of fervid rhetoric comes close to crossing the line, says one former prosecutor. "It's an oblique threat," says Mark Rasch, now a lawyer at Science Applications International Corporation. "Depending on how immediate the threat is or how immediate the incitement is, it could violate federal law."

And Assassination Politics? If Bell tries to set it up, will he end up back in Club Fed? "Now you're getting closer to the line that says, 'I will pay you to kill a federal agent.' Even though it's indirect, it has the same effect," Rasch says.

Link Posted: 5/12/2004 5:10:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 5:11:44 PM EDT
[#24]
just another garbage collector...

After having sat through literally hundreds (if not thousands) of hours of surveillance you begin to wonder what would happen if conscious (or right/wrong) was removed from the equation. During the course of investigations that last weeks, months or even years you become familiar with your subject, their crimes, their habits, hangouts, associates and families. It's especially hard sometimes to remember that you are not "supposed" to know "what" you know about your subject if you finally have to make contact with them. (ie: make a buy from a drug dealer or if you run some other sort of face-to-face sting.) That is to say that it is easy to burn yourself with the subject if you happen to mention their dog's name and they never told you what the name was.

While I would never act upon these thoughts, I heard the same from other LEO's, investigators, etc.

and after all, we are just garbage collectors when it comes to it.

just my .02, nothing more
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 5:17:25 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Use a Cooey .22 or a Savage model.... there are millions of them out there.... dump it in the bay deep, Burn the shoes and clothign you were wearing, in a campfire, and make sure to keep addign wood to it and stirrign the ashes......   there wil be nothign for them to link fibers, or rifling too....

Theres so much more to that.  What about possibly leaving a hair at the scene? GSR?, what if something unexpected happens (like the person survives, shoots back or you get pulled over before you can ditch the evidence cause an officer considered your driving erratic and then he sees something suspicious)  what about witnesses? is the person safe to stake out?.  Theres a bunch of different variables to consider and please, if you consider watching a few seasons of CSI "expert research" don't even try.  Theres more to investigation they spraying luminal all over the place.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 5:17:55 PM EDT
[#26]
I would be an awful killer, because I am not very detailed oriented, but I totally love movies about hitmen.

I don't know if I would have the moral qualms about it, I can be really heartless at times.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 5:18:33 PM EDT
[#27]
No, but if I were independently wealthy myself and a handpicked crew would be in costume in Iraq right now baiting terrorist types and leaving their heads on pikes. Picture a Poindexter type with a calculator and glasses wandering the streets of a city in the Suni Triangle. The second he gets jumped a squad sized group of disguised bystanders grab the rag heads and heads roll. Alas, I couldn't afford so much as the plane ticket over there right now. Planerench out.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 5:44:58 PM EDT
[#28]
For money?  Never.  As a paladin?  In certain cases, I'd be judge and jury in a New York second.  I strongly believe in the Ranger Augustus McRae system of justice.
Primitive?  Maybe.

If I had the chance to execute the terrorists, I'd do so.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 5:53:07 PM EDT
[#29]
I don't consider killing terrorist murder. More like doing ones duty, & if it is murder, it's certainly the lesser of two evils.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 5:59:05 PM EDT
[#30]
The way I see it they're doing what our pussified legal system is too scared to do because it might not get people re-elected.

As it stands right now, no. I used to joke with a couple people that we were going to go into the h*tman business.

If by some awful tragedy my wife and son were killed, say by a drunk driver or a burglar, that would probably derail me enough that I would seriously consider it. If you see that I've purchased a dealer membership but you don't see me selling anything, IM me.

I hear there are no medical benefits and the hours are shitty though.

Edit to say: PS... someone is probably taking down all our user information right now...
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 6:20:45 PM EDT
[#31]
No women:
No kids.

Jay
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 6:40:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Yes.  It's just a job.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 7:35:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 7:44:30 PM EDT
[#34]
I would have to be unmarried with no kids... which I'm not
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 7:52:23 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I don't consider killing terrorist murder. More like doing ones duty, & if it is murder, it's certainly the lesser of two evils.

Funny you should say that, that's the same thing they think about you.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 7:54:42 PM EDT
[#36]
"No women, No kids"

Link Posted: 5/12/2004 7:59:03 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And what's your point?  I'd expect them to think that, or else they wouldn't even be worth killing.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 8:01:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Only if one could start at the top.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 8:12:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Yes, I think I could.

The govt employs hitmen, under the guise of CIA operatives.  I dont think it would be that much further of a step to be a mafia hitman.  I've thought about applying for a job at the FBI or CIA later in my education, so I've thought about this some.

I would have a huge conscious though, but I guess I would justify it as "the only ppl that got it, deserved it," but isn't that how most do it?
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 8:31:25 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And what's your point?  I'd expect them to think that, or else they wouldn't even be worth killing.

My point is people in this country often shoot off at the mouth of how they'd love to kill terrorists and they'd do it in a heartbeat if they could.  What is stopping them?  Morals?  Religious beliefs?

I'm not condoning the horrific actions the terrorists carry out, but I am saying I think they have a higher commitment to their cause than people in the United States.  They may take a cowardly approach to doing it, but at least they're not sitting in a cave in mountain somewhere talking big.  People in this country say that kind of shit but you don't see too many of them giving up their SUVs and fancy homes to devote their life to killing their enemy/terrorists.  They want the terrorists dead, they just don't want to be inconvienenced in the process.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 8:32:35 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
"No women, No kids"

img25.photobucket.com/albums/v74/va_dinger/Leon.bmp

Love that movie!! Best Hitman movie eva!
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 8:34:16 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My point is people in this country often shoot off at the mouth of how they'd love to kill terrorists and they'd do it in a heartbeat if they could.  What is stopping them?  Morals?  Religious beliefs?

I'm not condoning the horrific actions the terrorists carry out, but I am saying I think they have a higher commitment to their cause than people in the United States.  They may take a cowardly approach to doing it, but at least they're not sitting in a cave in mountain somewhere talking big.  People in this country say that kind of shit but you don't see too many of them giving up their SUVs and fancy homes to devote their life to killing their enemy/terrorists.  They want the terrorists dead, they just don't want to be inconvienenced in the process.

only thing that's holding me up as of today is a round of vaccinations and some paperwork.  We'll see shortly whose ass is blacker.

Link Posted: 5/12/2004 8:36:03 PM EDT
[#43]
On a similar note, I told my father-in-law, years ago, that if Christins had half the faith that muslims have, the world would be saved.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 8:39:44 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
On a similar note, I told my father-in-law, years ago, that if Christins had half the faith that muslims have, the world would be saved.

Heh, ain't that the truth.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 8:45:22 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think Mmanwitgun is on the right track, I am sure he learned in class that  one thing always happens at a crime scene.

You always bring evidence with you and you always take some away, no matter how careful you are.
Crime does not pay folks.

Not that I haven't tried to figure out how to get my ex wife to set the bait in a 10' X 10' crabpot  in the Arctic Sea........oh shit did I say that out loud

Hunter out....
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 9:11:51 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
You always bring evidence with you and you always take some away, no matter how careful you are.
Crime does not pay folks.

Yup, its Locard's theory of transfer. "People or objects coming into contact with any other person or object will leave evidence of that contact and/or will take some evidence with them."
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 9:16:23 PM EDT
[#47]
I'm not a real hitman

but I play one on playstation!
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 9:36:05 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Only if one could start at the top.

Hmm....that could be interpreted wrongly, and given the probable fact that the feds poke around here, maybe you should clarify.  
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 9:43:54 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
No women:
No kids.

Link Posted: 5/13/2004 5:51:02 AM EDT
[#50]
There is no way I am replying to this........
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top