Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 5/31/2001 9:28:07 AM EDT
Does anyone make a weaver style gas block for the standard and heavy barrel rifles? I've seen them on bull barrels before but I have never seen them on the heavy barrels or the standard barrels. I would like to build a flattop upper with a 20" heavy barrel (not bull barrel) without the frontsight gas block. Could someone let me know where to find a weaver style gas block or someother low profile gas block other than the frontsight gas block for the heavy barrel?
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 9:53:05 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 9:53:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/31/2001 9:51:18 AM EDT by garandman]
[url]www.bushmaster.com/shopping/scopes/yhm-9370.asp[/url] will fit .750 barrels, which I believe is HBAR.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 9:55:17 AM EDT
When in doubt consult Brownells. DPMS Gas Block [url]www.brownells.com/Product/productDetail.asp?ProductID=231015026&CategoryID=0[/url] JP Gas Block [url]www.brownells.com/Product/productDetail.asp?ProductID=452015110&CategoryID=0[/url] I only have experience with the JP. It is secured to the barrel by way of 3 set screws on the bottom of the assembly. The hard part of putting one of these things on is getting the ports lined up.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 10:09:41 AM EDT
Thanks alot guys, I realy appreciate all the info. That is exactly what I've been looking for.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 10:12:30 AM EDT
Imbro, So, do you use the gas block on the .38 or the 10/22?
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 10:31:25 AM EDT
Just because Rusty Wallace's pit crew knows how to fix his car, doesn't mean they all own one of their own.
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 1:12:10 PM EDT
So, you're saying that you don't own anything but a .38 and a 10/22, you just fix 'em. Or, that your corporation owns all the other weapons that you have access to.
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 1:16:43 PM EDT
No, I just know stuff.
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 1:17:43 PM EDT
It can't be that simple, but... Okay.
Top Top