Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2006 2:49:05 PM EDT
Hey all,
I have been playing C&C Generals since it came out. I love the strategy-based gameplay. I was just wondering if there were any other good up-to-date games like it out there.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:54:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Try Star Wars: Empire at War Demo.

The Demo was just released last week. Played it a bit and I like it.

You can control a space armada and ground troops (infantry & armor). You can plays as the Empire or the Rebellion.

www.lucasarts.com/games/swempireatwar/indexFlash.html

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:55:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I used to like red alert2, but I am not up to date on newer games
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:07:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Video of the game:
streamingmovies.ign.com/pc/article/663/663591/swemp_110105_wmvlowwide.wmv

Game has two different views, your tradional overhead real time startegy view (god view) and the video above is shown mostly in the cinematic view. You can switch back and fourth. Give your troops a commands and watch them fight in real time like a movie.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:22:01 PM EDT
[#4]
REDHORSE, that game looks sweet! Thank you for the links & info. I am downloading the demo now.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:26:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I have not played the 2nd one, but the first one was awesome.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:15:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have not played the 2nd one, but the first one was awesome.

The 2nd one improved on the first games greatness.  Even if its old, you should check it out sometime.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:52:28 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Hey all,
I have been playing C&C Generals since it came out. I love the strategy-based gameplay. I was just wondering if there were any other good up-to-date games like it out there.

Thanks

Art of War was cool.

-d
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:10:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Red alert 2 and yuris revege are good. Yuri is just an expansion pak. You can get the whole pk of C&C games for like 20 bucks at walmart. However if you like the same format as generals, try a game called REAL WAR by Simon and Schuster, same format, a little faster build times, and way cooler units. I have all the C&C  I like yuri's, but that format like generals, you have to  get REAL WAR you'll enjoy it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:40:21 PM EDT
[#9]
SW:Empires at War looks to be a great one.

LOTR: The Battle For Middle Earth was frigging outstanding, and you can get it for something like $20 now. The sequel comes out soon, and that looks even better.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:45:28 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
SW:Empires at War looks to be a great one.

LOTR: The Battle For Middle Earth was frigging outstanding, and you can get it for something like $20 now. The sequel comes out soon, and that looks even better.

I didn't know that Battle For Middle Earth was that type of game. For some reason I thought it was an RPG.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:47:50 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Red alert 2 and yuris revege are good. Yuri is just an expansion pak. You can get the whole pk of C&C games for like 20 bucks at walmart. However if you like the same format as generals, try a game called REAL WAR by Simon and Schuster, same format, a little faster build times, and way cooler units. I have all the C&C  I like yuri's, but that format like generals, you have to  get REAL WAR you'll enjoy it.

I think I may have played Real War at a friends house. I remember it being awesome with the only draw back being a limit on the amount of units you can make.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:24:53 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think I may have played Real War at a friends house. I remember it being awesome with the only draw back being a limit on the amount of units you can make.

as long as you got the money [supply planes] you keep building, i had a shit load......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top