Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2001 8:24:51 PM EDT
I think so!  Not long ago, the Razorbacks beat Texas in similar border state matchup when nobody thought they could.  It seems that nobody wants to give Arkansas any respect and that kind of over confidence can often spell doom for a U of A opponent.  Oklahoma's coach has already tried to make an arrogant remark about their squad practicing more than the Hogs.  He looked pretty ignorant when he was corrected by the media.  Sounded like the typical over confident trash talk I've grown accustomed to.  I can only hope that the Razorbacks will at least gain his respect no matter what the outcome is.

Since I was born in Oklahoma, lived there ten years, and still have a lot of family there, I have enough stock in OU that I can stomach them beating Arkansas if it turns out that way.  However, I've lived in Arkansas for 20 years and graduated from the U of A so I will definitely be pulling for my Hogs on New Year's Day.

I know that Arkansas running back Cedric Cobbs is injured.  Anyone else have any relevent info on player status, injuries or other tidbits?  All opinions and info welcome.

BBURN
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 9:16:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Statistically,it should be a low scoring defensive battle.
Woo Pig SOOIE!
cpermd
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 10:26:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Oklahoma by 10! I want to see OU's "new" offense with Chuck Long as coordinator. Sooner fans already know we have the "D" to stop the Hogs!
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 8:37:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Sooner fans already know we have the "D" to stop the Hogs!
View Quote

WTF is "we?" Are you suiting up? I'll be sitting in the stands on the Arkansas side, hopefully watching OU's little overrated asses choke.
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 9:03:21 AM EDT
[#4]
No.
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 9:32:33 AM EDT
[#5]
HOG FANS

Just remember you are playing the "runner up" in our state.  The OSU Cowboys soundly defeated Zero U in the state championship.  If beating the bridesmaid is a source of pride so be it. Look out Hogs, I think after the spanking we put on them they may be looking to let out some frustration.

An OSU grad

Link Posted: 12/31/2001 9:49:15 AM EDT
[#6]
...and from the mouth of one of the "Burned Orange."
[smoke]
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 9:52:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Spraynpray you might be right.  I've been concerned that OU has been woke up and the Razorbacks will bear the brunt of their frustrations.

My dad graduated from OSU and a good friend from high school did also.  It's a great school!  I too enjoyed their thumping of OU.

BBURN
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 10:29:57 AM EDT
[#8]
In a word...No way in hell. (Okay, that's four words.)
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 1:56:31 PM EDT
[#9]
GO HOGS GO
I say Hogs 7 Sooners 24.
I would be to sweet a deal for us to win two bowls in a row.
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 8:35:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Houston Nutt is no Lou Holtz, but under Lou the Razorbacks went into the Sugar Bowl, were extreme underdogs, and demolished OU.  Arkansas had also suspended two of their best Seniors for team rules violations before the beginning of the game.

I am also a U of A graduate (class of 74), and have seen many strange games involving the Razorbacks.  Arkansas has a chance and that is all they need.

WOOOOOOOO!  PIGGGGGG!   SOOOOOOEEEEEE!  Razorbacks!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 11:04:36 AM EDT
[#11]
OU 10
UA  3

It was a hard fought win for OU.  Like cpermd said, it turned out to be a low scoring, defensive battle.  Not quite the exciting game with a lot of scoring that one would hope for.  

Doctorfireant, Lou Holtz just pulled out an exciting win as his South Carolina team knocked off an excellent Ohio State opponent.  But, I think Houston Nutt is still a good coach and will continue to prove himself if the recruiting works out in his favor.

I hope Arkansas at least gained some much deserved recognition.  They pulled together mid season and turned out to be a solid ball club.  A 10th ranked Oklahoma certainly didn't kick their butt.  Anyone who still believed that OU was a national championship caliber team must surely see the light now.  They are no better than their 10th ranking, that's for sure.

Two plays really come to mind here.  First, Oklahoma fumbled and Arkansas scooped it up for a sure defensive touchdown but the defender tripped while recovering the ball and couldn't advance it any further.  Secondly, a referee called Arkansas out of bounds on a long pass play that would have given them the ball with first and goal from the three yard line.  The replay showed it was a catch.  Yes, Oklahoma had some questionable calls go against them too, but I do know that either one of those plays could have tied the game up.

However, as they say, "If if's and but's were candy and nuts, it'd be Christmas all the time".  In other words, there's no point in talking about what if's after a football game.  It's over, and CONGRATULATIONS to the OU SOONERS.  As hard as it is to swallow, I think the better team won today.  Look out in the future because the Razorbacks are a respectable team and Oklahoma fans know that now.

BBURN
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 11:13:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Statistically,it should be a low scoring defensive battle.
View Quote

Damn, you can say that again....
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 4:28:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Jim_Dandy -
Haven't seen a post from you yet 'bout the Sooners winning the Cotton Bowl. What's the matter? Still having visions of Oklahoma's "little overrated asses" dancing in your head?
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 5:06:58 AM EDT
[#14]
No visions my man, they play a weak non-conference schedule. Besides, this end of the board is a little out of my territory. I did see OU held to only ten points by an unranked team. I saw a lot of boners pulled by OU's defense on which even a halfway good Arkansas offense could've capitalized. WTF was wrong with Zak Clark? There were several chances that OU's defense left him open to run and at the very least down the ball for better field position. Sucky officiating throughout. Stoops calling timeouts on fourth down (twice). I'd say OU was a little less than impressive. By all rights, if they lived up to their hype, they should've absolutely stuffed Arkansas. They didn't. Didn't make the point spread either. It'll be on to some lightweight shit next year; North Texas, Arkansas Tech, Air Force, etc. I look to see OSU walk another mud hole in their asses.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 6:02:08 AM EDT
[#15]
I am passionate about my Hogs and usually a good picker.
I try to see them practice twice a week.I usually win on the spread,like this time.
I won both the spread and total points.
Zak is slower than I am.
Our O line is the worst in the history of AR.
We need 10 big fast mean D linemen,convert half to O line.
Need a tight end and move Marvin J and D Birmingham to WR next year.
Three more skilled recruits and we will be there at the top level.
cpermd
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 6:07:22 AM EDT
[#16]
The Hogs' defense was [i]VERY[/i] impressive. They damn sure lived up to their ranking as #1 in the SEC.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 6:51:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
No.
View Quote

No
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 10:42:47 AM EDT
[#18]
I imagine the Sooner fans are not happy about Stoops "visiting" Florida today.
cpermd
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 11:15:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I imagine the Sooner fans are not happy about Stoops "visiting" Florida today.
cpermd
View Quote

I do not believe Florida will offer Stoops one dollar more than 200% of what he asks for.

[smoke]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top