BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2005 8:34:55 AM EDT
Anyone know?
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 10:23:58 AM EDT
[#1]
"The midwest" is sorta large.  

Can you be more descriptive, like city and state?

Even just a state would help.  

Mike
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 10:27:26 AM EDT
[#2]

http://www.homefair.com/homefair/calc/salcalc.html

Cheaper in Iowa.

Shok
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:13:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I live in St Petersburg and work in Tampa. I can say that the cost of housing is definitely high, I think the Tampa Bay area was ranked in the top 3 of the most expensive metropolitan areas due to average housing and transportation costs.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:19:56 PM EDT
[#4]
the TB/St. Pete area is quite high, and increasing rapidly. You might want to ask this is the FL hometown forum. I know that a couple guys live there now. I moved about two years ago father north in FL, high real estate prices being one of the reasons.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:20:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Indiana.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:47:00 PM EDT
[#6]
i hear Gary is real nice-and affordable too!
gots an unkle in indiana- he got a lot more house than i did for less...Me in WI
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:58:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I live in north tampa.. Property here is going through the roof. My last house went up 50% in about a year. I think it is just catching up with the rest of the state.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:04:21 PM EDT
[#8]
I live in Brandon.  There are many McDill people in my area.

The cost of living in Florida is still low compared to he rest of the US but housing is starting to go through the roof.  It will only get worst as the baby boomers retire and move here.

Taxes are lower than in the midwest.  Food is cheap.

My wife is from Ft Wayne Indiana.  She thinks it is cheaper to live in Florida.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:31:54 PM EDT
[#9]
The South Tampa area around McDill is way congested & expensive.  Traffic can get thick, so living too far away can be a problem.

Tampa is a great town though:
- Pro Baseball, football and of course our Stanley Cup Lightening!
- plenty of good restuarants
- beautiful beaches
- great fishing (when the red tide goes away)
- doesn't get too cold in the winter (a bit warm in the summer though)
- I don't party that much, but I hear the nightlife is descent for central florida.

I live in St. Pete, but usually go out in Tampa.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top