Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2009 2:25:25 PM EDT
Anyone have a rough idea what it would/should cost to install 13 sets of faux-wood blinds (including the cost of the blinds themselves)? I'm trying to get a ballpark idea of what kind of quote I should expect from a variety of companies.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 2:48:35 PM EDT
[#1]
If I lived closer, I would SHOW/TEACH you how to do it for free...because I REALLY hate to see men who cannot do such things.

Go get some kind of "Home Improvement" book from Home Depot and LEARN how to do it...please?

But to answer your question...

About $1,200 to $2,500 depending on the cost/quality of the blinds.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 2:54:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll do it for airfare, lodging, meals and $300.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 2:54:22 PM EDT
[#3]
size of said blinds or this question has no anwser
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:07:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I put up 12 sets of plantation blinds after I built my house. It is tedious, but easy. I bought them from Lowes, and got them cut to fit right at the store.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:18:08 PM EDT
[#5]
It depends on the sizes of the windows obviously and the finish and bran/quality of the blind will affect it as well so there's no way to give you an answer really.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:19:06 PM EDT
[#6]
The girlfriend just spent 2 grand on blinds for her house. I have a thread about it somewhere.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:20:52 PM EDT
[#7]
robo, stop being a chick and order it online from blinds.com and install them yourself, it's so easy.

i did that about 4 years ago and i have 26 windows with 2" blinds. have a good battery powered drill.

took about 3 hours and i saved a shit load of money!
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:25:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The girlfriend just spent 2 grand on blinds for her house. I have a thread about it somewhere.

When she buys them they're called window treatments!

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:26:00 PM EDT
[#9]
When I bought my first, fixer-upper house a couple years ago I was pretty overwhelmed and working 60 hour weeks and so just had the guys that contract with Lowe's put up some blinds to replace the filthy cloth that was over the windows. I think it was $20 per blind for installation. The rest I did myself once I had the time. Pretty easy with a cordless drill and measuring tape.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:30:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Yellow pages. Blinds. Call several to get an estimate. It's the only way to know. Really.

The ONLY way to get an estimate of several companies, is , well, to get an estimate from several companies. Estimates cost nothing. Free.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:32:52 PM EDT
[#11]
should be free WHEN YOU DO IT YOURSELF.

not sure if serious...
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:55:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Wife and I did over 26 in less than three hours and even took a lunch break.  Get a cordless drill and have her prep and lay out everything.  You just go from window to window like a Henry Ford assembly line.  

Once you do that first one they are a snap.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:21:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
robo, stop being a chick and order it online from blinds.com and install them yourself, it's so easy.

i did that about 4 years ago and i have 26 windows with 2" blinds. have a good battery powered drill.

took about 3 hours and i saved a shit load of money!

I know next to nothing about anything remotely related to stuff like this. I have no clue how to properly measure a window for the right blind, much less know how to mount one correctly
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:42:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

When she buys them they're called window treatments!

One of my fathers friends owns a window treatment company: tinting, blinds, shutters and shades. They were talking about a total for one home that was over 15,000.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top