Posted: 3/31/2006 5:47:24 AM EDT
Cops: Mom takes cash, lets son get molested

By LISA A. DAVIS [email protected]

Published: Mar 30, 2006

ADVERTISEMENT
More from this channel:

Search our archives: Type keyword(s)

Past 7 days most viewed | Tribune archive from 1990

NEW PORT RICHEY - When the mother first heard a neighbor had raped her 7-year-old son, she confronted the man and threatened to call police.

That's when she stopped acting like a concerned parent and began negotiating, police said Wednesday.

She accepted $600 in hush money and let the neighbor molest her son again, Lt. Jeffrey Harrington said.

"We don't know if this was supposed to be an ongoing arrangement," he said.

An anonymous tip Monday led investigators to the woman's home on Jefferson Street,north of downtown.

The neighbor, Nicholas Quiles, 48, was arrested that day on two counts of capital sexual battery - felony charges that could put him away for life if he's convicted.

After investigating further, detectives arrested the boy's mother Tuesday. The Tampa Tribune is not printing her name to protect the child's identity.

She faces one count each of capital sexual battery and child abuse.

The woman was candid with police about her involvement in the case, Harrington said.

"She wasn't overly upset," he said. "She wasn't cavalier. It wasn't matter-of-fact. It was more conversational."

Harrington said this is the first time he's heard of a parent allegedly selling a child for sex.

"There are definitely oddities to this case," he said. "I hope we never have to investigate anything like this again."

The sexual assaults happened in the first two weeks of February, Harrington said.

The boy first confided to his 11-year-old sister that Quiles did "bad things to him," the girl told a detective.

Her brother later told authorities the sex acts happened when he was alone with the neighbor.

The two children, plus their toddler brother, were taken to a safe place Tuesday. The investigation continues, and so far there's no evidence the woman's daughter and younger son were sexually abused, Harrington said.

Young survivors of such crimes face a long road to recovery, said Lois Mueller, a licensed psychologist who practices in Port Richey.

"It really does set a person up to be a victim for most of their life unless they get treatment," she said. "I think intervention is the key here, real treatment."

Boys and girls handle the aftermath of abuse differently, said Mueller, who was speaking in general and not about a specific case.

When girls grow up, they tend to be more protective, especially of their children, but can end up in relationships with abusers. Boys are more likely than girls to become abusers themselves, the psychologist added.

When a parent is the abuser or knows about the abuse, Mueller said, the child's feelings for the mother or father become confused. Sometimes parents don't intervene because they think they need the abuser psychologically or economically.

In the New Port Richey case, Harrington said, it seems money motivated the unemployed mother, who has a criminal history of prostitution and drug possession.

Neighbors Rob and Jackie Willie said Wednesday the young family moved in less than a year ago, and they have seen the 7-year-old boy go alone to Quiles' apartment.

"I said to myself, 'Why is he going over there?'" Jackie Willie said.

The Willies said they have given the children food and clothes.

Quiles has no record in Florida of previous sexual abuse convictions.

The 30-year-old mother, meanwhile, pleaded no contest to marijuana possession in 1996, and the Pinellas court withheld a formal finding of guilt, records show.

In June, she pleaded no contest to a prostitution charge in Hillsborough County. Again, adjudication was withheld.

The mother and Quiles were being held without bail at the Land O' Lakes jail Wednesday.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:49:52 AM EDT
[#1]
She ought to be locked in a cell for the rest of her life along with pervy perverson.....

Talk about being without natural affection....

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:54:56 AM EDT
[#2]
We saw the same thing happen in the Michael Jackson saga.  The only difference was the amount of money involved.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:55:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Oh dear Lord.

And so the moral decline of our society continues...

As a mother it's simply unfathomable to me how a woman could do something like that.

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:00:39 AM EDT
[#4]
woodchipper feet first
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:02:48 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
As a mother it's simply unfathomable to me how a woman could do something like that.

Then you haven't hung around with enough scumbags.

I have seen more than one "mother" with some scumsucking a$$clown of a boyfriend who would "give" their teenage daughters to the scumsucker to keep him from leaving them.

At least this woman had the decency to ask for money....
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:06:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Raped a 7 year old?  

Where's the father in this case?

He should be allowed to kill the perpetrator and if I were on the jury for that murder, that would be an easy acquittal.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:07:29 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Raped a 7 year old?  

Where's the father in this case?

He should be allowed to kill the perpetrator and if I were on the jury for that murder, that would be an easy acquittal.

Odds are that the daddy in this case is as big a scumbag as the baby raper.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:18:17 AM EDT
[#8]
makes me sick!

let the bodies hit the floor

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:35:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Thats some sick shit.  
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:36:55 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
makes me sick!

let the bodies hit the floor

i'd leave em hangin
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:37:11 AM EDT
[#11]
It seems like there’s at least one story like this posted here every week, usually more.

I could go into my long winded “just shoot them in the back of the head” rant, but I’m sure everyone’s heard it before.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:38:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Both of them should be shot. Twice.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:43:00 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then you haven't hung around with enough scumbags.

Apparently not.

I tend to agree with the 'bullet to the brain' crowd on this.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:44:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang.
Reload and repeat with my Sig 220.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:45:18 AM EDT
[#15]
DEATH
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:47:35 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

that'd be way to easy an punishment for them, something cruel and unusual would be more appropriate.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:51:01 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

That's nine bangs.  You must be using Novak 8rd mags with one in the chamber.  Good choice.
The mother plead no contest to prostitution too.  Guess she was sick of being a working girl and wanted to be a pimpette.  Those two are nothing but subhumans who need to be incinerated.  I think the mother deserves a harsher sentence for not being a mother.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:51:03 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

87 times. That has been proven by research.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:51:11 AM EDT
[#19]
And we're such a civilized country....
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:53:37 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's nine bangs.  You must be using Novak 8rd mags with one in the chamber.  Good choice.
The mother plead no contest to prostitution too.  Guess she was sick of being a working girl and wanted to be a pimpette.  Those two are nothing but subhumans who need to be incinerated.  I think the mother deserves a harsher sentence for not being a mother.

Nope Factory 8 rounders with one in the pipe and 2 spares on the belt.

So it would be 25 bangs,then the Back Up Gun would come out and there would be 31 more bangs!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:55:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Ughhh...  

It's hard to tell your kids there are no monsters because there sure as hell are.  Sometimes even you own mother is one.  

Bitch,  she ought to be given an hourly ass-raping till she dies or the inmates get bored.  Then shoot her.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:57:17 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
woodchipper feet first

manually shut off and start up machine (off/on/off/on/off/on/off/on),
repeat as slow as machine will operate
video and sell pay per view for childs trust fund
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:02:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:05:18 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Oh dear Lord.

And so the moral decline of our society continues...

Unfortunately Ginger, there have been women that would sell their children into slavery, prostitution, perversion, or whatever, since time began.  I agree it''s hard to fathom, but to some women children are just another commodity to be bought, sold, used then discarded.

What signals our moral decline is the number of normal people that find this to be acceptable and even more so the regular folks that are not shocked and outraged.  And those that want to pass it off as a "disease" and not punish the people doing it.  Read or listen to the media that has a strong progressive slant, they don't find this stuff shocking, they try to explain it away as alternative lifestyles.  Even NAMBLA is acceptable to some progressives.

Evil prospers when good men and women do nothing.  We become jaded, we're no longer shocked and outraged, so we do nothing.  We become apathetic, and so our society declines.

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:13:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Yeah I have to agree on the media... Look at how much air they wasted trying to understand that beast in Texas who drowned her 5 children.  Before it was all said and done they pretty much had her portrayed as the "victim"...

These people need lead poisoning...
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:14:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Nothing new here, though is is surprising she asked for cash instead of drugs.  (The usual barter of choice for these events)
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:24:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Fucking PIG of a woman to allow that and the guy, the piece of shit who paid to molest that boy, both should pay with their lives.

3 ingredients:

(To break their legs and keep'em from running)

(These two would follow)

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top