Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2014 6:18:16 PM EDT

"As a reflection of Goddard’s individualized and transformational educational model, our commencements are intimate affairs where each student serves as her or his own valedictorian, and each class chooses its own speaker,” Goddard College Interim President Bob Kenny said in a statement. "Choosing Mumia as their commencement speaker, to me, shows how this newest group of Goddard graduates expresses their freedom to engage and think radically and critically in a world that often sets up barriers to do just that.”

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:50:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Everyone is a special snowflake, everyone is a Valedictorian, and your commencement speaker is a cop-killer.

Isn't "Higher" Education wonderful?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:59:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Everyone a valedictorain?    How exactly, does that work?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:01:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Well..obviously, some people are more valedictorianish than others.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:02:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Everyone is a special snowflake, everyone is a Valedictorian, and your commencement speaker is a cop-killer.

View Quote

And that education only cost 75 grand and will only take 30 years to pay off............SUCKERS!
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:07:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Meh.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:16:24 PM EDT
[#6]
That would be awesome if he ends his speech with "Kill Whitey!!!!  Free Huey!!!"
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:17:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

His thesis was probably on "common core" and how wonderful it is.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:18:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote
They might not have grades.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:21:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:26:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:27:26 PM EDT
[#11]
That's so edgy and cool.
Maybe Obama can quote from the speech.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:29:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
"As a reflection of Goddard’s individualized and transformational educational model, our commencements are intimate affairs where each student serves as her or his own valedictorian, and each class chooses its own speaker,” Goddard College Interim President Bob Kenny said in a statement. "Choosing Mumia as their commencement speaker, to me, shows how this newest group of Goddard graduates expresses their freedom to engage and think radically and critically in a world that often sets up barriers to do just that.”

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/Mumia_Abu-Jamal_to_give_college_commencement_speech.html

View Quote

Goddard?......prime left wing anti Vietnam War commie anti American center of alternative learning

-imo
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:45:24 PM EDT
[#13]
I bet if they have an event on campus the police will be quick to respond ;)
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:50:20 PM EDT
[#14]
I'd walk out the moment he opened his mouth.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:51:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Why is that POS cop killer still alive, oh thats right no death penalty
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:22:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Why is that POS cop killer still alive, oh thats right no death penalty
View Quote

Like Bill Ayers and his wife? as well as the rest of the Weather Underground including Mark Rudd (should have been tried as an accomplice imo)
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:29:15 PM EDT
[#17]
I am not sure how much Goddard charges, but those students got screwed.

ETA: $15,000 a semester and that doesn't include professors.  P.T. Barnum was right.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:37:18 PM EDT
[#18]
I fucking weep for my state.........
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:59:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I fucking weep for my state.........
View Quote

Think positive, at least they will have a degree in maple syruptology to fall back on when they get fired at Starbucks,
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:00:34 PM EDT
[#20]
fuck that guy
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:01:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Fuck special snowflakes. Apply some heat and they all melt.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:40:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Being a graduate of Goddard, I can tell you, you choose your own curriculum, usually a Professor can structure a course for you, otherwise they hire an outside Professor, you then generate a thesis for that course, and your course of study.  You do work in that course and meet with your advisor every week and discuss your findings, you self grade at the end of each semester.  

It is a great program for self directed learners, there is a not quite majority that use the system to game the system.   The education I received allowed me to get a masters at Yale and flirt with a Doctorate at Harvard.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:41:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They do, the student himself decides on what their grade will be.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:42:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Goddard?......prime left wing anti Vietnam War commie anti American center of alternative learning

-imo
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/Mumia_Abu-Jamal_to_give_college_commencement_speech.html

-imo

You have no real idea.  I spent 4 years there and while I value the education I received, many of the people were cringe worthy.   Young, stupid and they already knew everything.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:44:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:50:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Being a graduate of Goddard, I can tell you, you choose your own curriculum, usually a Professor can structure a course for you, otherwise they hire an outside Professor, you then generate a thesis for that course, and your course of study.  You do work in that course and meet with your advisor every week and discuss your findings, you self grade at the end of each semester.  

It is a great program for self directed learners, there is a not quite majority that use the system to game the system.   The education I received allowed me to get a masters at Yale and flirt with a Doctorate at Harvard.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy crap that's a gauntlet of liberal

What happened couldn't get into Berkley holyfuck

Screen name ? You live up there in beautiful place
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:21:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:33:35 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:36:24 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Everyone a valedictorain? How exactly, does that work?

That right there means that college does not function in reality and any IMO diploma from there completly worthless.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:38:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Mumia al Jamal?

What's that fucker's real name?

Oh,"Wesley Cook".
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 12:46:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Because the education is structured as a personal program...
When you have a program for 1 individual, they effectively become the only person vying for valedictorian...
I bet the quality of the students coming out of that school is lame.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 12:48:49 PM EDT
[#32]
It really says something about liberalism when this guy is treated as a hero.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top