Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2012 5:02:21 AM EDT
Two cops in Upstate New York are under investigation for allegedly planting narcotics in the car of a couple pulled over in the city of Utica.

The incident, which occurred on February 11, 2011, is being reexamined nearly a year later after the cops involved in the caper have been caught on tape creating “evidence” and placing narcotics in the suspects’ automobile.

The recording of the incident, unbeknownst to the officers, was being made by the camera in their own squad car.

http://uticaphoenix.net/2011/12/30/upd-caught-on-tape/

http://rt.com/usa/news/planting-utica-car-pocket-215/

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:03:11 AM EDT
[#1]
This looks familiar.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:07:28 AM EDT
[#2]
I am shocked and amazed that something like this could ever happen.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:09:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I am shocked and amazed that something like this could ever happen.

Me too
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:11:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Neither of those links show the whole 30 minute video, like this one does

http://m.uticaod.com/observerdis/db_/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=FJ2gnSGV&full=true#display

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:13:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Jail for life.

Breach of the public trust and also for being so fucking stupid doing this knowing they were on camera.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:13:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Federal prison general population with no special treatment is where they should be sent
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:16:38 AM EDT
[#7]
And LE the lack of trust  widens....sad.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:18:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Dupe
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:20:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:21:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:22:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Impossible. I'm told repeatedly by arfcom cops that they are of a higher moral character than all other human beings.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:22:52 AM EDT
[#13]
This is dupetastic!!!!

ETA - Damn, beat again.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:26:31 AM EDT
[#14]

this is why there are dupes he titled his thread   WHOOPS try searching for that

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:26:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Two cops in Upstate New York are under investigation for allegedly planting narcotics in the car of a couple pulled over in the city of Utica.

The incident, which occurred on February 11, 2011, is being reexamined nearly a year later after the cops involved in the caper have been caught on tape creating “evidence” and placing narcotics in the suspects’ automobile.

The recording of the incident, unbeknownst to the officers, was being made by the camera in their own squad car.

http://uticaphoenix.net/2011/12/30/upd-caught-on-tape/

http://rt.com/usa/news/planting-utica-car-pocket-215/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yeK-ZsDzBc&feature=player_embedded

BULLSHIT.....AND ONLY A COP WOULD KNOW THAT STATEMENT IS.

ALREADY DISPROVEN.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:30:42 AM EDT
[#16]
I don't look up to cops.  None of them, based on personal experience and stories like this one.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:30:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

this is why there are dupes he titled his thread   WHOOPS try searching for that

Im not getting after you about man. Jusy showing that there is another conversation about it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:33:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I don't look up to cops.  None of them, based on personal experience and stories like this one.

Stories like this one which are false? Snippets of edited video designed to make the viewer believe something happened that never did? Maybe it should make you not look up to defense attorneys and community activists who create these purposefully edited videos.

OP is trollin'
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:34:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:38:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stories like this one which are false? Snippets of edited video designed to make the viewer believe something happened that never did? Maybe it should make you not look up to defense attorneys and community activists who create these purposefully edited videos.

OP is trollin'

This one's false...doesn't change my mind. ;)

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:40:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

The shortbus of fail is making several stops this morning.

I don't get why they keep showing up AFTER the story is shown to be false.

Thread titles, all you could ever want to know!
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:41:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

OP is trollin'

Maybe this vid is false but I've had first hand experience of a cop planting drugs, while showing a newb cop how it's done.  I was only 19 and not wise to what happened immediately, but it made a lasting impression on me as to how easy it is and how likely it is to happen.  Yes, just like every other profession cops have their 10% too.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:41:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:43:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Whats going on in here?
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:45:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

OP is trollin'

Wow you guessed it
I am trolling

hope that's not the best you have, think real hard and you might even come up with something original, I said might

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:48:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Wow you guessed it
I am trolling

hope that's not the best you have, think real hard and you might even come up with something original, I said might

Prove me wrong. Change your title. It's been disproved that what happened in the video is the whole story.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:51:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow you guessed it
I am trolling

Prove me wrong. Change your title. It's been disproved that what happened in the video is the whole story.

How did I do

But you need to remember

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:53:55 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OP is trollin'

Wow you guessed it
I am trolling

Yeah, you trollin....

6.) Attacking or insulting a person in an effort to elicit a negative response. You have a right to disagree, but please do so in a respectful manner.

7.) Posting topics or discussions that do the site or community harm. More specifically creating topics meant to disrupt the site's day to day management, disrupt member's resources, or disrupt the ability for the site to function normally
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 6:00:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OP is trollin'

Wow you guessed it
I am trolling

Yeah, you trollin....

6.) Attacking or insulting a person in an effort to elicit a negative response. You have a right to disagree, but please do so in a respectful manner.

7.) Posting topics or discussions that do the site or community harm. More specifically creating topics meant to disrupt the site's day to day management, disrupt member's resources, or disrupt the ability for the site to function normally

If you guys keep calling me a troll I might take my ball and go home.  

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 6:04:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OP is trollin'

Wow you guessed it
I am trolling

OP isn't trolling... arfcom cops planted that link in his post.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 6:14:34 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OP is trollin'

Wow you guessed it
I am trolling

OP isn't trolling... arfcom cops planted that link in his post.

everyone that can only come up with that I am trolling, please take a lesson from this poster on what is  original and witty

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 6:26:04 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And LE the lack of trust  widens....sad.

America's Most Admired Professions

Tom Van Riper, 07.28.06, 3:30 PM ET

Harris poll that surveyed 1,020 adults to measure public perceptions of 23 common professions across the country.

Police Officer

Men and women in blue have always been admired by kids. Now, with persistent terrorists' threats, adults are also looking up to officers who serve and protect

http://www.forbes.com/2006/07/28/leadership-careers-jobs-cx_tvr_0728admired.html
Top Ten Most Respected Jobs

By David Lorango, eHow Contributor .updated: January 28, 2010

Police Officer

•Police officers have one of the most dangerous jobs and one of the most respected. Day in and day out, they are expected to engage criminals who are armed, chase down speeding vehicles and sacrifice themselves in order to stop a crime. In 2004, 154 officers lost their lives protecting citizens. Police officers are counted on to respond to crimes, and people expect them to be there to protect them.

Read more: Top Ten Most Respected Jobs | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/list_5925228_top-ten-respected-jobs.html#ixzz1C4Cuqr7F

Top 10 Most Respected Professions

Police Officers

Working round the clock catching thieves, murderers, solving murder mysteries and other dangerous criminal cases, these are some of the main requirements of police officer jobs. Some of these sound dangerous, but they are exciting. Being a police officer needs lot of courage, will power and dedication to safeguard the law. If you feel you possess these qualities, you can apply for this job and believe me, this is the most respected profession

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/most-respected-professions.html

Are you proud of your job?

http://www.usatoday.com/money/economy/employment/2005-05-23-prestige-usat_x.htm

What is the most respected job in America?

August 15th, 2009

2009 jobs with very great prestige Job Percent

Firefighter 62%

Scientist 57%

Doctor 56%

Nurse 54%

Military officer 51%

Teacher 51%

Police Officer 44%

Priest/Minister/Clergy 41%

Engineer 1 39%

Farmer 36%

Architect 29%

Member of Congress 28%

Lawyer 26%

Business executive 23%

Athlete 21%

Journalist 17%

Union leader 17%

Entertainer 17%

Banker 16%

Actor 15%

Stockbroker 13%

Accountant 11%

Real estate broker/agent 5%

http://economy.ocregister.com/2009/08/15/what-is-the-most-respected-job-in-america/15007/

Gallup's annual Honesty and Ethics of professions survey. Eighty-four percent of Americans call their honesty and ethical standards either "high" or "very high

Cops #5

http://www.gallup.com/poll/112264/Nurses-Shine-While-Bankers-Slump-Ethics-Ratings.aspx

Fuck, no chiropractor?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top