Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/8/2002 8:40:07 AM EST
[url]http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A38541-2002Jul8.html[/url]
The video shows an officer lifting a handcuffed teen from behind, then driving the side of the youth's face into the hood of the patrol car. Another officer later punched the suspect once in the face. "I don't think that he was resisting. I mean, there were five cops," Mitch Crooks, the Sacramento man who made the tape, told KNBC-TV. "The guy picked him up like he was a doll and slammed him on the car, and he wasn't resisting at that point. They already had him in custody."
View Quote
I suspect this one will be a little harder to blow off than the FBI shooting the guy in the face is seeming to be.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 8:42:14 AM EST
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 8:44:23 AM EST
I dont believe that.. the video has been edited.. its his evil twin brother... Cops would never abuse thier power..[whacko] not wanting to cop bash here,, but some soccer mom will defend his actions and this will contunie to be a commun everday occurance.. < except for that little "caught on camera detail" >
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 8:46:28 AM EST
If this is the same incident I read about this morning, the guy who got beat was also a teenager. Keving67
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 8:59:08 AM EST
The article does not describe the races of the cops and victim. I have to assume the victim is white because of the absence of any quotes by Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 9:00:44 AM EST
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 9:04:38 AM EST
Verbally enticing cops into beating you is one way to keep felony convictions off your record.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 9:04:54 AM EST
The kid should be grateful that he was taught a valuable lesson in respecting authority.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 9:05:02 AM EST
Originally Posted By TheCommissioner: The article does not describe the races of the cops and victim. I have to assume the victim is white because of the absence of any quotes by Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson.
View Quote
Completely incorrect. Sharpton and Jackson are BOTH known to make their bank deposits in the A.M. No time for drumming up more contributions then. Just wait till tonite, tho.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 9:06:03 AM EST
Inglewood police declined to name the officers involved in the incident. None were suspended, said Inglewood police Sgt. John Knapp.
View Quote
[Gomer Pyle] Surprise, surprise, surprise! [/Gomer Pyle] Oh Johninaustin, where are you?
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 9:25:03 AM EST
Originally Posted By Imbroglio: The kid should be grateful that he was taught a valuable lesson in respecting authority.
View Quote
Everyone needs to take a beating in life. c-rock
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 9:32:35 AM EST
Originally Posted By TheCommissioner: The article does not describe the races of the cops and victim. I have to assume the victim is white because of the absence of any quotes by Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson.
View Quote
Nope, from the video I saw, the cops *plural* were all white and the kid was black. As much as I despise al and jessie, when you see this video you'll probably be pissed to. Homie gonna get some serious jack from da man on dis one.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 9:33:28 AM EST
oooooops. Better get out the checkbook.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 9:38:13 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/8/2002 9:39:33 AM EST by sniped]
Originally Posted By Imbroglio: The kid should be grateful that he was taught a valuable lesson in respecting authority.
View Quote
No kidding, I get sick and tired of the police officers getting in trouble if they slam someone. I personally think they should kick ass as they feel its necessary without being reprimanded. One would think if they knew what would happen if they broke the law, that maybe just maybe they would reconsider their actions. But here in American we reward the criminals with a fat lawsuit, liberal sympathy, Oh you poor victim, what a crock.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 9:39:59 AM EST
The kid should be grateful that he was taught a valuable lesson in respecting authority.
View Quote
The laws apply to both offenders and abiders. I doubt you would take this stance if that were you kid being smashed into a pulp. Law enforcement needs to uphold the laws while maintain a suspect's dignity and respect. I don't see any needs to dish out unnecessary punishment, especially if the perpetrator does NOT pose an immediate threat to the arresting officer. Criminal punishment is the sole duty of our courts.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 9:43:46 AM EST
Originally Posted By rlitt:
View Quote
The laws apply to both offenders and abiders. I doubt you would take this stance if that were you kid being smashed into a pulp. Law enforcement needs to uphold the laws while maintain a suspect's dignity and respect. I don't see any needs to dish out unnecessary punishment, especially if the perpetrator does NOT pose an immediate threat to the arresting officer. Criminal punishment is the sole duty of our courts.
View Quote
Two HUNDRED plus posts and you're still taking Imbro seriously?
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 9:45:32 AM EST
I saw the video tape this A.M. In my estimation, it looked like a good take down. If you think a hostile suspect who is resisting arrest (from the tape it appeared he was, to me) can be taken down WITHOUT a bruise or two, you aren't in the real world. The punches later on seem uncalled for, but the suspects entire lower torso was hidden from view. Maybe he was trying to step on the occifer's recently polished, shiny shoes, so they rapped him a coupla times. [}:D]
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 9:46:21 AM EST
View Quote
Pardon my ignorance, but did I miss something here?
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 9:46:33 AM EST
The new guy ain't touchin' this one.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 9:46:43 AM EST
Originally Posted By sniped:
View Quote
No kidding, I get sick and tired of the police officers getting in trouble if they slam someone. I personally think they should kick ass as they feel its necessary without being reprimanded. One would think if they knew what would happen if they broke the law, that maybe just maybe they would reconsider their actions. But here in American we reward the criminals with a fat lawsuit, liberal sympathy, Oh you poor victim, what a crock.
View Quote
Please tell me your kidding !?!? Oh yea, I forgot, the cops should be allowed to beat people to send a message.... moron
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 9:51:31 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/8/2002 9:52:08 AM EST by CITADELGRAD87]
Originally Posted By rlitt:
View Quote
Pardon my ignorance, but did I miss something here?
View Quote
He's the master of "Pro" establishment, big gubmint, it's for your own good ZINGERS. Some speculate that he has an autoreply program that fires off such tidbits in the blink of an eye. He will deny this.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 9:55:49 AM EST
Originally Posted By SPECTRE:
View Quote
Nope, from the video I saw, the cops *plural* were all white and the kid was black. As much as I despise al and jessie, when you see this video you'll probably be pissed to. Homie gonna get some serious jack from da man on dis one.
View Quote
I'm shocked to learn the Washington Post doesn't reveal the races of the participants in the story when it involves white cops doing a dick-dance on a black kid. The story has racial injustice written all over it and fails to tell us that fact! Is the liberal news editor on vacation this week?
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 9:56:06 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/8/2002 9:57:00 AM EST by rlitt]
He's the master of "Pro" establishment, big gubmint, it's for your own good ZINGERS. Some speculate that he has an autoreply program that fires off such tidbits in the blink of an eye. He will deny this.
View Quote
Got it! thanks for clearing it up.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 9:57:53 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/8/2002 10:02:44 AM EST by AZCOP]
View Quote
In a sort of cynical way, you are correct!!! If a bad guy, even a juvenile, does something that attracts the attention of multiple numbers of cops from different jurisdictions, he IS lucky to have only had the side of his face used to polish up the cruiser's hood. And because he's a juvenile, you won't hear about his criminal history: Only that he is a sweet boy, who would never hurt a fly, let alone do anything that any reasonable person would consider "criminal". Charged with Assault On A Cop: He should have reviewed Chris Rock's info video, "How Not To Get Your Ass Kicked By The Police". Jay [img]http://www.commspeed.net/jmurray/images/iroc-cop.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 10:01:10 AM EST
The new guy ain't touchin' this one.
View Quote
ArmedAggie, you are wise.z
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 10:06:22 AM EST
Quietshooter, right here. Really quick, because I don't have much time. I haven't seen any video, but if the police were out of line, prosecute them. However, I'd appreciate folks not blaming every other officer in the nation (past and present) for it.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 10:07:30 AM EST
Originally Posted By AZCOP:
View Quote
In a sort of cynical way, you are correct!!! If a bad guy, even a juvenile, does something that attracts the attention of multiple numbers of cops from different jurisdictions, he IS lucky to have only had the side of his face used to polish up the cruiser's hood. And because he's a juvenile, you won't hear about his criminal history: Only that he is a sweet boy, who would never hurt a fly, let alone do anything that any reasonable person would consider "criminal". Charged with Assault On A Cop: He should have reviewed Chris Rock's info video, "How Not To Get Your Ass Kicked By The Police". Jay [img]http://www.commspeed.net/jmurray/images/iroc-cop.gif[/img]
View Quote
So what your saying is its ok, under certain circumstances, to abuse your power and break the law and the amount of priors and what they were for will be used to determine the severity of your "hood polishing" dicsipline. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 10:07:44 AM EST
HAVE ANY OF YOU EVER BEEN TO INGLEWOOD, CA? I have I used to live real close to there and the local police (it used to be LASO) are in a fight for there lives daily from the gang banger idiots and local dick heads trying to hurt or kill them daily. The city of Inglewood has a city ordinance requiring all of the houses to have their addresses painted on the roof so the ghetto bird (aka police helicopter) will know exactly where to go when there is a shooting or a cop/citizen in trouble. I am not saying that police attacking an innocent man is justified, or the right thing to do believe me if a cop wants to kick some ass then all you have to do is wait and some dumb motherfucker will take a swing at you and give you the chance to use as much force as necessary to stop his attack and believe me again some idiots never learn and keep coming at you to get more and more of a beating.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 10:17:18 AM EST
When are these guys gonna learn... YOU GOTTA BEAT THE SUSPECT BEFORE YOU PUT THE CUFFS ON!!! That and a healthy dose of "STOP RESISTING!!" yelled by the police is all you need to get away with this kinda extracurricular activity. Jeez.. don't they teach you anything in the academy!!!! (For those who are really dim, this was a joke.)
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 10:18:40 AM EST
Originally Posted By SPECTRE: So what your saying is its ok, under certain circumstances, to abuse your power and break the law and the amount of priors and what they were for will be used to determine the severity of your "hood polishing" dicsipline. [rolleyes]
View Quote
I saw the video, and it looked like a good takedown to me. What ISN'T seen is the moments PRIOR to the take down, or the individuals list of "priors." And if the INDIVIDUAL does have a history of arrest, violence, assaults, then YES, I'd say the police are justified in bouncing him of a car hood IF it will subdue a hostile individual who poses a threat to the officers well being or ability to do their job. I mean, come on. Its NOT like car hoods are made of concrete. Bird crap will dent a hood on cars they make these days. The punches later on may have been over the top, tho. But, its not like a human being can just TURN OFF adrenaline that builds up when forcibly apprehendinmg a suspect. Restraint is required, yes. But anything short of sending the guy to the hospital is prolly justified (and sometimes even that is justified) I'm sure the teenagers pissed about having to pay a speeding ticket will take exception to this, but facts is facts. Don't break the law, and you prolly won't get bounced off a cop car hood. I never have.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 10:22:05 AM EST
Originally Posted By schv: When are these guys gonna learn... YOU GOTTA BEAT THE SUSPECT BEFORE YOU PUT THE CUFFS ON!!! That and a healthy dose of "STOP RESISTING!!" yelled by the police is all you need to get away with this kinda extracurricular activity. Jeez.. don't they teach you anything in the academy!!!! (For those who are really dim, this was a joke.)
View Quote
Naaawwww, they just need to make sure that the perps buddies are'nt across the street filming.[:D] I have also read articles that document a new scam trend in the inner cities. They said that gangs will commit a crime and single out one of their members to resist arrest and have their camcorder(stolen) on and rolling in the hopes of getting a big settlement.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 10:30:25 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/8/2002 10:32:40 AM EST by SPECTRE]
[b]Originally posted by Garandman: The punches later on may have been over the top, tho.[/b] This is the part that gets me more than the "hood polishing" [b]Originally posted by Garandman: But, its not like a human being can just TURN OFF adrenaline that builds up when forcibly apprehendinmg a suspect. Restraint is required, yes. But anything short of sending the guy to the hospital is prolly justified (and sometimes even that is justified)[/b] I understand the adrenaline issue, but cops are screened mentally to try and prevent these type of incidents and are required by law to uphold the law. If that means holding back on some scumbag, no matter how bad the dirtbag deserves it, then so be it.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 10:33:54 AM EST
This is the house they come to...I mean, I'll take the Pepsi Challenge with that Amsterdam shit any fucking day of the week. It's a sellers' market, Vince.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 10:40:05 AM EST
Originally Posted By SPECTRE: I understand the adrenaline issue, but cops are screened mentally to try and prevent these type of incidents and are required by law to uphold the law. If that means holding back on some scumbag, no matter how bad the dirtbag deserves it, then so be it.
View Quote
There's no need to screen a cop to try to prevent adrenaline from doing its natural work. The most mentally together individual, once adrenaline gets flowing, WILL use force when possibly justified, and will often use force in excess of what he THINKS he is using BECAUSE of the adrenaline. Its part of the human condition, cannot be screened out, or even controlled. Its basic survival mentality, metaphorically "kill or be killed." If criminals don't want to risk that, they should quit committing crime. I guess my basic point about adrenaline is that its like gravity - get out of its way, cuz it really can't be stopped. I guess I get tired of the media expecting cops to BOTH keep society safe, AND do so in a politically correct way, controlling adrenaline in a way that isn't humanly possible.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 10:40:51 AM EST
Coke is farking dead as dead, and herione is coming back in a big farking way...Ok gimme 3 grams of the Madman.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 10:41:26 AM EST
I have not seen the video. For those who have, was the suspect cuffed in front or back? Was the suspect resisting being placed in or removed from the car? Was the suspect attempting to kick, knee, head butt, or body check, the officers? Was the suspect attempting to escape?
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 10:44:47 AM EST
Originally Posted By AR15fan: I have not seen the video. For those who have, was the suspect cuffed in front or back? Was the suspect resisting being placed in or removed from the car? Was the suspect attempting to kick, knee, head butt, or body check, the officers? Was the suspect attempting to escape?
View Quote
Suspect was cuffed behind, with 3-4 cops in the IMMEDIATE area (well within arms length, appeared to be wrestling with the suspect)This part of the video shows for 1-2 seconds. Suspect then face- planted on cop car hood. Lower part of body was obscured from view by cop car. It would REALLY help if there were about 15 seconds BEFORE the face-plant.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 10:46:01 AM EST
[i] Please, with sugar on top, clean the f**ken car.[/i]
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 10:51:41 AM EST
Originally Posted By SPECTRE: So what your saying is its ok, under certain circumstances, to abuse your power and break the law and the amount of priors and what they were for will be used to determine the severity of your "hood polishing" dicsipline. [rolleyes]
View Quote
Don't put words in my mouth. I did not say it was O.K: I said he was lucky that was the worst thing that happened to him. Jay [img]http://www.commspeed.net/jmurray/images/iroc-cop.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 11:05:24 AM EST
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 11:12:29 AM EST
This is the result of low pay and working long hour. This is going to hurt the department pocket book.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 11:16:19 AM EST
THis is the funniest part "The passenger, whose name was being withheld, was booked for investigation of assault on a police officer." He was caught on tape assaulting the officer by smashing his face into the officers fist. .
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 11:28:18 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/8/2002 11:31:35 AM EST by OLY-M4gery]
[red] this is stolen from another website, I am the author, so if I say something in the text it isn't respondidng to comments here FWIW[/red] People DO NOT "deserve ass-whoppings" after they are arrested after whatever crime they committed. I try to treat people how I would want to be treated. Does that mean if someone gets the "smart mouth" with me I don't verbally ju-jitsu them? (that's like verbal judo, except you feel it) Not a chance. Does that mean when they start making justification about thier crime, or post arrest demeanor it isn't addressed? Not a chance. Does that mean I try to verbally tick people off, or call them unsavoery names? Not a chance. As far as he was hancuffed, I'm sorry I've worked in a prison, a jail, and street law enforcement, just because handcuffs are on that doesn't render a person incapable of continued resistance. One of the worst struggles I was in was with a handcuffed offender, along with another officer anf a Sgt. The offender did everything from kicking, spitting, multiple biting attempts, headbutting, to simply "tensing up" when we tried to get him into a patrol vehicle. After he was handcuffed he was sprayed, and punched. This was in front of the Sgt. who is a defensive tactics instructor, and is on a committee that reviews Use of Force reports, from the entire dept., that I work for. The commitee had just come out with a memo questioning several instances when handcuffed prisoners were OC'ed. I knew that when I sprayed the suspect. The Sgt. immediately indicated that due to ALL the circumstnces OC'ing a 'cuffed person was appropriate in that kind of situation. I read the article, it strikes me that if the officer was struck by a subject and it was captured on videotape, that "allegedly punched", "allegedly", "suspected of.....".Would have been used, but the article unequivocally says that the officer punched, lifted, etc. In the same article the 16 yo is listed as being booked for "investigation of assualt on a police officer". The driver is "accused of driving on a suspended license". Don't those officers have the same presumption of innocence as the suspect they were arresting?? There's some other moronic quotes in there from the camaera man who captured this too. To me in seeing the 4 second clip that the media will ALLOW us to see, the 16 yom is lifted quite briskly and seems to be forcefully lifted to the trunk. I'm not so sure that was proper. When the officer punches the 16 yom, when the 16 yom is on the trunk, it seems there was a movement immed. before the punch, by the 16 yom. What was that movement? I looks like it could be 1 or 2 things. He's attempting to bits an officer, and/or he is kicking at the guy that is searching him. I don't know if that is what is going on, but there is movement by the suspect just before being punched.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 11:48:01 AM EST
Originally Posted By SPECTRE:
Originally Posted By AZCOP:
View Quote
View Quote
So what your saying is its ok, under certain circumstances, to abuse your power and break the law and the amount of priors and what they were for will be used to determine the severity of your "hood polishing" dicsipline. [rolleyes]
View Quote
I know for a fact,some people do not fear jail. They do fear a good ass kicking and that in itself will keep some of these morons inline. I agree a ass kicking may help at times. What is hard to tell is when and were. Been there and done that from both sides
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 11:58:13 AM EST
Originally Posted By ura_baddog: I know for a fact,some people do not fear jail. They do fear a good ass kicking and that in itself will keep some of these morons inline.
View Quote
What's to fear about jail??? 3 squares, drug maintenance programs, free college education, free health club membership, free cable TV, no work required, hang out with the homies, or even dveloping better criminal connections - THAT is the reality of American "jails." Now, a can of whoop arse - that's something they fear, since most criminals are cowards.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 12:10:27 PM EST
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 12:14:04 PM EST
Originally Posted By Paul: One cop is suspended as of this moment - looks to me like they were trying to get something out of the guys mouth - why the punch and choke and then a finger sweep? Drugs - teeth?
View Quote
Yeah, a billy club up the rectum would have the desired affect. [}:D] [:D]
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 12:18:58 PM EST
Originally Posted By garandman:
Originally Posted By ura_baddog: I know for a fact,some people do not fear jail. They do fear a good ass kicking and that in itself will keep some of these morons inline.
View Quote
What's to fear about jail???
View Quote
Uhh, leaving it with a size 7 poop chute. That's what's to fear about jail.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 12:20:49 PM EST
Zoom said, " -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The new guy ain't touchin' this one. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ArmedAggie, you are wise.z" I don't buy that. I consider myself a "new guy"! So what? It's not how many posts you have but what you say and what you stand for that matters. A million posts don't make you some know-it-all. And just because your post doesn't receive widespread support doesn't mean that you are lacking in knowledge or wisdom. You, as a newbie, have just as much clout and the right to post that clout as some oldie. (Rant over)
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 12:21:50 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/8/2002 12:35:09 PM EST by Kingme]
SPECTR pointed out, " -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Originally Posted By AZCOP: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Originally Posted By Imbroglio: The kid should be grateful that he was taught a valuable lesson in respecting authority. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- In a sort of cynical way, you are correct!!! If a bad guy, even a juvenile, does something that attracts the attention of multiple numbers of cops from different jurisdictions, he IS lucky to have only had the side of his face used to polish up the cruiser's hood. And because he's a juvenile, you won't hear about his criminal history: Only that he is a sweet boy, who would never hurt a fly, let alone do anything that any reasonable person would consider "criminal". Charged with Assault On A Cop: He should have reviewed Chris Rock's info video, "How Not To Get Your Ass Kicked By The Police". Jay -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- So what your saying is its ok, under certain circumstances, to abuse your power and break the law and the amount of priors and what they were for will be used to determine the severity of your "hood polishing" dicsipline." I haven't seen the tape. But what ever "punishment" is to be given to an individual, it should NOT be given by a cop but instead be administered and authorized by a court of law. Show me that law that says when apprehending an individual, the more priors he has will determine the amount of beating you can administer. Also, if the individual has a past history of a committed crime with a gun, you are allowed to shoot and kill him. Give me a break. In court proceedings, the lawyer for the defendant will move to get any prior convictions throw out as it would prejudice the case. Just because you may have committed some crimes in the past does not mean that you're guilty of committing the crime at issue. Why should cops be allowed to use such information to increase their abuse of the suspect if the courts can't? All this infomation should do is increase the amount of concern a cop has during the apprehension. The individual is still innocent until proven guilty. Cops have the right to defend themselves, but only to the extent of controlling the individual. This does not extend to retaliating or rendering punishment. Cops acting like this show contempt for the law and seek to become a law unto themselves. Cops acting under adrenalin are irrational and should be charged with anger driven assault. It's getting to be that an individual's right "to be secure" diminishes once the cuffs go on. The message appears to be that once the cuffs go on, then that's when the cops will beat you because that's when you can't defend yourself. Welcome to the Police State. Cops must realize that if they want respect, they have to earn it. This is not the way to earn it. Where's the civilian oversight of cops.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 2:14:07 PM EST
The kid let out an "oomph" when lifted and placed on the hood with a little extra push from behind his head. It seems like the kid next did something that got a second officer upset enough to punch him and then restrain him with both hands around his neck. The video doesn't show what that might have been but even if it did not happen it will likely be the out for the aggressive behavior of the cops.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top