Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/23/2016 12:50:53 PM EDT

I bet our guys are enjoying the hell out of this opportunity to go train in Europe and focus on a mission other than what they've been focused on almost exclusively for the past 15 years. The change of pace has to be nice. No desert. No Arabs. No Dirka Dirka types. Lots of green scenery and a population featuring women that are very nice to look at! Plus, just their presence there is enough to piss off that bastard Putin, which is always a worthwhile endeavor.

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 2:07:59 PM EDT
[#1]
only downside I can think of when they do the Miles laser system is that the guy your shooting at has to be in the open. You could be firing a m2 .50 at him and he can sit behind paper thin walls. So while cover vs concealment is obviously taught to soldiers, in war games you can "cheat" the the system, which may be detrimental when going against an opponent like the russians who can role in with 30mm guns and rip apart where you are hiding.

Be cool if they could setup movie style wall squids (exploding chunks) when rolling in with chain guns to catch guys hiding behind concealment that they are not safe there. you know a good oh shit moment burned into their memory.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 2:20:26 PM EDT
[#2]
5 minutes in, I had to take a break. I kept cringing at the wadded up "stacks" crossing open terrain and on roofs and the guys standing right in the windows shooting.  Some of it I am enjoying but that stuff keeps harshing my mellow. Get your fucking interval!
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 2:33:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
5 minutes in, I had to take a break. I kept cringing at the wadded up "stacks" crossing open terrain and on roofs and the guys standing right in the windows shooting.  Some of it I am enjoying but that stuff keeps harshing my mellow. Get your fucking interval!
View Quote

This. What the hell is up with that movement across a danger area?

That was the perfect scenario for 3-5 second rushes under covering fire and masking your move with smoke.

I'm afraid everyone is used to COIN and have forgotten hard won lessons of a pier to pier enemy.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 2:43:36 PM EDT
[#4]
LOL @ the turks
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 2:47:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That was the perfect scenario for 3-5 second rushes under covering fire and masking your move with smoke.

I'm afraid everyone is used to COIN and have forgotten hard won lessons of a pier to pier enemy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hopefully exercises such as this will prove beneficial to teaching such lessons before any real bullets start flying. I just hope there are enough "old guys" still in the ranks that can teach those who joined post 9/11 the art of conventional war.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 3:05:11 PM EDT
[#6]
First airdrop of troops... they looked like they started falling a bit faster towards the end of the run...

11:40 started the worst of them.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 4:54:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Would that be a naval battle?
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 4:57:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL! What do you expect from a former 11B? I'm surprised I can even read and write.

ETA:

PEER TO PEER
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top