Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2006 7:19:25 PM EDT
video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5393904704265757054

The french accents made me laugh.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:25:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Better erase those pencil marks real fast if they want AMD to replace it under warranty.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:28:27 PM EDT
[#2]
wow.  I'm thinking a bit of bondo won't help (?)
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:29:30 PM EDT
[#3]
This was posted a while back and the concensus was that it was fake.  There is no way a chip could blow up like that.  Also note the whole in the table.  Yeah.  Right...
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:31:53 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
This was posted a while back and the concensus was that it was fake.  There is no way a chip could blow up like that.  Also note the whole in the table.  Yeah.  Right...

+1

I was gonna scream DUPE, but you beat me to it
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:32:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Perhaps they are trying to copy the kid who lit a firecracker, put it in his video game console, and then taped himself playing the game until it blew up.

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:33:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Those guys should atleast open the CPUID program instead of taking a screen shot and using it as a desktop before faking this blowup...

I mean damn come on!! It's on video guys..
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:35:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Any chip will fail if you try to run it  far beyond it's stated values.  I am doubting the "explosion" and it was probably faked.  CPUs generally fail and just quit as they burn out, plus they were French.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:49:19 PM EDT
[#8]
IN the last thread, some other vids were posted showing more realistic CPU burnups.  They were pretty impressive.  Remove heat sink, wait about a second... Lots of smoke.  

I'll see if I can find the thread.

Nah, did a search, but nothing jumped out, and I didn't feel like opening all the "Hey, watch this random mystery video" threads.  Then again, there are a lot of interesting vids.  Just search for "video" in GD.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top