Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2006 2:25:07 PM EDT
How does one do this??

I need to cook a casserole, corn bread and also peach cobbler. Cooking temps are 350, 375 and 400 respectively.

The Man in me says just put the oven on 375 and throw it all in and let'r rip.....

Any other suggestions?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:26:51 PM EDT
[#1]
that's what I did. Just keep an eye on the stuff
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:49:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Your starting point is good but cogitate on this:  The top rack is hotter than the bottom rack.

Also tin foil will reflect heat.

The rest is a juggling act but it can be done.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:51:50 PM EDT
[#3]
With only a 50 degree spread, I say go for it. It's not like your oven's temperature is 100% accurate anyway. Just keep an eye on everything.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:00:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
How does one do this??

I need to cook a casserole, corn bread and also peach cobbler. Cooking temps are 350, 375 and 400 respectively.

The Man in me says just put the oven on 375 and throw it all in and let'r rip.....

Any other suggestions?

Never had to do this but I am cooking proficient...took a couple cooking classes in high school, and I say watch it carefully.

Please post pix.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:02:44 PM EDT
[#5]

Maybe you should post this in the Womens Forum.

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:03:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Cover the 350 Degree food with foil.  That should help prevent burning the top.
Can also place that pan into another (additional layer of material).  Cook a bit less than the recipe calls for.

375 degree food--fine, set the oven to 375.

400 Degree--cook a bit longer.

Be careful, if something (like the cornbread) normally rises on cooking it should probalby go in LAST and be first out--opening the oven repeatedly or disturbing the cooking can make it fall.

AFARR
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:03:40 PM EDT
[#7]
the cooking your doing isn't an exact science, its not like your making a souflete (spelling?) or some crap like that.  Throw it in at 375 and keep an eye on it.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:12:53 PM EDT
[#8]

Maybe you should post this in the Womens Forum

I always get a kick out of this.  I learned to cook when I was a kid.  Can do fairly well at it.  I had an apron that said "Fact: 98% of all Great Chefs are Male".

I also found that nothing impressed female friends (i.e. potential girlfriends) than a guy that could cook in addition to doing normal guy things (beating his chest, lifting heavy objects, farting, etc.).  

Hell, 95% of us here can take a can of powder, a box of primers, and re-load our own ammo, let alone detail strip an AR-15 or 1911.  You think a recipe with 7 ingredients and 2 paragraphs of instructions is Difficult compared to that?  Cooking is a science (try watching Alton Brown some times) with a bit of art thrown in.  

Try it sometime.

AFARR
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top