Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2006 11:44:39 AM EDT
keep them from burning.

they always come out black and tough.  Obviously I'm overcooking them but who knows a good cooking directions for porkchoppies in the pan?

Matt
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:48:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Put some olive oil in the pan before cooking.  Cook on Medium heat just until the redness is gone from the middle of the chops.  Season with salt, pepper, & garlic powder before cooking.

M.L.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:49:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Bake them, put some gravy on them then eat.  Baking pork chops seems to make then less tough.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:50:26 AM EDT
[#3]
I cook them on a low heat with some olive oil. Towards the end, turn the flame to high, throw in a few tablespoons of butter and splash in some balsamic vinegar. Let it cook down a bit and enjoy!
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:51:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Boil them til they turn grey and then pan fry them in a little oil. Very tender that way.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:53:26 AM EDT
[#5]

Soak them in a brine solution (filtered water, sea or kosher salt, and dark brown sugar) for 3-6 hours. Cook them to the proper temp (~160 deg.) and you will never have a dry pork chop again. I recommend that you use pork chops on the thicker side.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:54:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Shake and bake is your friend. Have U guys tried your PC cubed yet or (tenderized.) I just fry mine and have some good old Limas and rice and some homemade cornbread. MMMMMMM
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:55:19 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
keep them from burning.

they always come out black and tough.  Obviously I'm overcooking them but who knows a good cooking directions for porkchoppies in the pan?

Matt

LOW AND SLOW

-Put the pan at about 25-30% heat.
-Add some bacon grease or butter or both to the pan.  
-Salt and pepper the chops.
-Shake in a brown paper bag with all-purpose flour.
- Cook for about 10 minutes on one side, flip and 10 more minutes on the other.
ETA: You just want them lightly browned on both sides, the longer it takes the better

Comes out tender and tasting great everytime (this method works great with Deer meat as well)
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:56:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Shake and Bake.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:56:49 AM EDT
[#9]
You should try broiling them.  I realize it is in the oven not on the stove but it works really well.  I have needed about 5-7 minutes for thin cut, four minutes on one side three on the other.  Cut one through the middle, but not in half, to check it is cooked all the way.  When the fat starts to brown turn it over.  It is easy to let them cook too long.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 12:02:10 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
keep them from burning.

Matt

LOW AND SLOW

-Shake in a brown paper bag with all-purpose flour.
ETA: You just want them lightly browned on both sides, the longer it takes the better

Comes out tender and tasting great everytime (this method works great with Deer meat as well)

Also wanted to add that when you finish the of method turn the pan up to high heat. Throw in one tablespoon of flour (left over from when you breaded the chops). Stir the flour and  leftover porkchop and grease drippings around  until it starts to turn brown then pour in about one cup of water and stir. Should be bubbling and add more water if needed to get the right thickness. Now you have some good homemade gravy as well
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:55:37 PM EDT
[#11]
LOW AND SLOW

-In a separate bowl, mix one egg with one cup of milk, stir well.  Dip chops in mixture
prior to shaking in bag o' flour.

-Shake in a brown paper bag with all-purpose flour.  Wait ten minutes before frying.

Well said.  I added my own personal step; seems to work well for me!

Just trying to help.

B_S
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:02:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:18:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Chuck Norris would just look at them and they would be cooked and taste perfect...then he would proceed to do a cowboy-booted-round-house kick to your face for asking how to cook porkchops
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:24:42 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Soak them in a brine solution (filtered water, sea or kosher salt, and dark brown sugar) for 3-6 hours. Cook them to the proper temp (~160 deg.) and you will never have a dry pork chop again. I recommend that you use pork chops on the thicker side.

thats the way I prepare them before throwing them in the smoker.

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:35:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Grilled some smoke pork chops on this baby last Friday:

You can grill any day of the year.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:38:32 PM EDT
[#16]
medium heat and a good thick pan is required
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:09:29 PM EDT
[#17]
I parboil them in very little water (not covered) and then near the end, dump in a can of condensed cream of mushroom soup and make a quicky gravy, and then dump that over rice.

One of Dad's quick and easy dinners for when Mom works the late evening at the library.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:13:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Well you already got lots of good advice .

So I'll just toss in my 2¢  .

First . Pepper burns when it comes in direct contact
to a hot surface . So hold off using it till the last
min of grilling or pan frying .

Second . People tend to overcook pork , which
dries it out . 165-170 ° internal is done .

Lastly . If you partially precook porkchops , either by boiling
or the microwave before you bread them for pan frying . It
will cut down on the time in the pan . So you only need to cook
them to the desired color .
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:14:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Most people kill their pork like they kill their chicken.

Pull that shit out when the juices run clear, stop with the 180-200 degree BS.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:25:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Put 3 tbs of olive oil in an oven proof 10" pan over medium heat.
Salt and pepper both sides of the chops.
Add 1 tbs of butter to the pan when the olive oil just begins to smoke.
Saute chops for 2 minutes each side (this will just sear the outside of each side)
When the second side is seared, add 1 cup halfed shitke mushrooms and 1/2 onion sliced 1/2" thick.
Sprinkle mushrooms and onions with 1 clove chopped garlic; Salt and pepper to taste

Place pan with chops, muchrooms and onions in a 375 degree preheated oven for 12-18 minutes (depending on thickness of the chops). Chops should be medium well.

Remove from oven and plate chops with mushrooms and onions.

Quickly add 1 tsp of flour and stir in pan drippings over medium heat. Add 1 cup of chicken broth, salt and pepper stiring until thickened. Pour gravy over chops and serve.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:39:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Get thin chops, fill your skillet with water just before it touches the top of em. Add lemon pepper and cook on med/high heat till the inside turns white. Make up a veggie or (rice pilaf "meh favorite"). When done fix your plate and add a nice pint of guinness. Eat , drink , and take a nap

Edit : great for the Lipitor crowd
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:20:56 PM EDT
[#22]
I never can pan fry them right myself but these two work very well.  Take one cup or so of white wine and place in the bottom of a broiler pan, add red pepper and crushed dried mint on the chops. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes then brown the tops under the broiler. The drippings in the pan go good on rice or mashed potatoes.

Got a crock pot? One can of mushroom soup, a bottle of whole or sliced mushrooms, 1/2 cup white wine, red pepper and crushed dried mint to taste. On low all day and the meat will be so tender you can cut it with a fork and will just fall off the bone. Thicken the leftover juice for a good gravey. This one is great with boneless, skinless chicken breast also.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:40:43 PM EDT
[#23]
I never cook pork fast.
The thinner the pork the slower I cook it. Unless I use the pressure cooker.
The rest of the  time under 250 for a long time. And it don't taste like chicken
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:42:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Like your method blue
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:03:32 PM EDT
[#25]
First off, thanks everyone for the advice!

I went with Blues suggestion.  They are cooking right now.

Thanks again everyone.

Matt

Quoted:
LOW AND SLOW

-In a separate bowl, mix one egg with one cup of milk, stir well.  Dip chops in mixture
prior to shaking in bag o' flour.

-Shake in a brown paper bag with all-purpose flour.  Wait ten minutes before frying.

Well said.  I added my own personal step; seems to work well for me!

Just trying to help.

B_S

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top