Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/2/2014 11:46:36 AM EDT

In 1982, former black panther Mumia Abu-Jamal was convicted of murdering Philadelphia Police Officer Daniel Faulkner. He stood over Faulkner after a traffic stop and shot him multiple times, including in the face as he laid dying on the ground. Abu-Jamal never denied the killing during his trial. He, and his supporters, are still unapologetic for Faulkner's death. The far-Left has turned Abu-Jamal into a hero and so-called political prisoner. He even has a street named after him in France.

Although he still sits in prison carrying out a life-sentence (his death penalty sentence was overturned by the work of the NAACP Legal Defense Fund and by President Obama's former DOJ Civil Rights Division nominee Debo Adegbile in 2011), Abu-Jamal has been invited to give the commencement address for Vermont's Goddard College this weekend. The worst part? He was handpicked by the students.
View Quote

link

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:51:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Next year they're inviting Charles Manson....
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:51:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Again?
He really gets around.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:52:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Today's super-lib, super-hip kids have no fucking clue at all.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:53:21 AM EDT
[#4]
I miss the "Free Mumia" graffitti tags in our neighborhood.  Most hippies had no idea who Mumia or Che Guevara were in the first fucking place.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 12:05:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Ok, I just read the entire Wikipedia entry on this guy. I still don't understand the support. Sounds like an open and shut case of murder. Someone explain please.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 12:46:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ok, I just read the entire Wikipedia entry on this guy. I still don't understand the support. Sounds like an open and shut case of murder. Someone explain please.
View Quote

It is about being hip and edgy.  They had an interview with the president, and in his own words it is about being radical, and standing up against police brutality.  

To be honest, I am surprised one of the super liberal colleges hasn't tried to get the fort hood shooter to do a commencement speech.  That would be the peak of edginess!  It would be like, so cool man.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top