Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2004 5:42:09 PM EDT
Two hard-left Dems come talking...

They want to know why I am so pro-gun, bullethoses kill little children, blah blah blah....

I told them that you can pass any shitty legislation that you want - it can all be fought over and reversed. But once guns are gone, they are gone.

That being the case, you can kiss the 1st Amendment buh bye....

They said 90,000,000 gun owners in America scares them though... there might be some whackos.

I told them that there will still be whackos even without guns, and you can't defend yourself from them as effectively.

They said "Gee... we never really thought about it that way before..."

They are coming to the range with Tweet and I in two weeks.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:43:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:44:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Best of Luck!
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:44:54 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Cool.

It IS isn't it. That would make .... exactly 9 non-shooters I've taken to the range and converted since January.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:46:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Cool.

It IS isn't it. That would make .... exactly 9 non-shooters I've taken to the range and converted since January.

Whatever you're doing, keep it up.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:46:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Cool.

One by one...

I teach concealed carry as a certified instructor in my state. We all gotta do our part.

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:47:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:49:00 PM EDT
[#7]
It was just pretty cool because I was expecting to have to go through all the lengthy arguments, deconstruction of emotionally-based positions, etc...

It was done and over with in about 30 seconds.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:50:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
It was just pretty cool because I was expecting to have to go through all the lengthy arguments, deconstruction of emotionally-based positions, etc...

It was done and over with in about 30 seconds.

30 seconds is usually about all the facts and logic they've got in them.

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:50:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Not Fart St. Claire, right?
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:52:25 PM EDT
[#10]
No... I joined Darke County Rod & Gun

Fuck those bastards at Ft. St. Spooge gun club. Buncha old flintlock totin' bastards.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:00:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Cool
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:11:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Wow, I wish it was always that easy for me. Most I come across are hard-headed, and won't conceed one point to you, even if it is valid.

Good job man!
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:12:10 PM EDT
[#13]
My coup was converting the oh so liberal city law director last year. She's got Marx on her bookshelf at home.

She now loves to shoot the evil rifles with the wife.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:25:18 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Two hard-left Dems come talking...

They want to know why I am so pro-gun, bullethoses kill little children, blah blah blah....

I told them that you can pass any shitty legislation that you want - it can all be fought over and reversed. But once guns are gone, they are gone.

That being the case, you can kiss the 1st Amendment buh bye....

They said 90,000,000 gun owners in America scares them though... there might be some whackos.

I told them that there will still be whackos even without guns, and you can't defend yourself from them as effectively.

They said "Gee... we never really thought about it that way before..."

They are coming to the range with Tweet and I in two weeks.

If they are women, tell them that 1 in 4 women get raped at least once in their lifetime. And if these women would protect themselves, this ratio would be more like 1 in 10,000. And most of these rapes are from men they know. That will get them even more on the bandwagon.

If they are men, tell them to quit being "gurls". Oh yeah, they are already converted. Great Job!

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:49:45 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
No... I joined Darke County Rod & Gun

Fuck those bastards at Ft. St. Spooge gun club. Buncha old flintlock totin' bastards.

Tell us how you really feel....
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:57:50 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
If they are women, tell them that 1 in 4 women get raped at least once in their lifetime.

This statistic sounded shockingly high to me, until I did a quick Google search:

Royal College of General Practitioners study - 10/23/03

...which means that there's a pretty strong chance that the woman you're discussing guns with has either already experienced a rape, or at the very least has fended off a sexual assault.

That's a pretty powerful arguement.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top