Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2005 12:35:50 PM EDT
OK, since my last thread turned into a "who makes a better cabinet" thread and I really didn't find the answer I was looking for, I will re-word the question. Besides Kraftmaid, who sells cabinets that have more of a contemporary design? I really like the Kraftmaid Venicia series, but would like to find other alternatives. Can you point me in the right direction?

These are pics of the styling that I am looking for:

Kris
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 12:37:10 PM EDT
[#1]

Oooo. Me want. Drooooool.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:54:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Pic #1: HOLY SHIT !!!! I'm in love with the entire kitchen.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 4:02:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I built and installed custom cabinets for 6 years. Off the top of my head I don't know major manufacturers that make anything like that, but I've been out the biz for a while. I do know there are lots of small shops that can build you custom cabinets like those, but you'll pay for it.

Myself, I'd be wary of getting too "contemporary." 20 years down the road if you go to sell the place your contemporary kitchen may look completely hideous to a potential buyer.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 10:12:21 PM EDT
[#4]
ttt
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 10:53:46 PM EDT
[#5]

may look completely hideous to a potential buyer.

Then wait 20 years and it will be back in style.

My metal kitchen cabinets were out of style for over 40 years, but I sold them a few weeks ago for almost $2k.  That's more than I spent in materials to build the entire house!  The same guy also paid $400 for my parent's old Westinghouse refrigerator from 1938 that still runs.  He wanted it for his retro kitchen in his ultra-modern lake house.  It's just strange how things come and go out of style.z
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 10:46:01 AM EDT
[#6]
ttt
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 10:48:36 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Pic #1: HOLY SHIT !!!! I'm in love with the entire kitchen.

+1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top