Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/19/2005 7:13:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/19/2005 7:17:36 PM EDT by kill-9]
You know, like the Roomba vacuum cleaner or one of the robotic lawn mowers. Anybody have 'em? How do you like it?

Roomba:

Robomower:

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:15:45 PM EDT
I use to sell them at Brookstone, the people really liked it and we would have it run around the store. It did a pretty good job, i'de recommend one.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:20:55 PM EDT
I'm terrified of robots.

The first time one of those abominations is checking the mail next door at my neighbors house(probably in the next 10 years), I'll be on the receiving end of a lawsuit for destruction of private property.

...thank God they're made of plastic....so when I hit them with a nail-bat (Louisville slugger with 20d nails driven through the fat end) they'll go down quick

...fistful full of boomstick for all robots in my vicinity

...not putting up with it.

destroy all robots now, otherwise the ACLU will get involved...and then...well....nevermind
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:25:56 PM EDT
I have a US Robotics modem card.
Does that count?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:26:43 PM EDT

Originally Posted By KA3B:
I have a US Robotics modem card.
Does that count?

If you have to ask, I think you already know the answer.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:55:27 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:51:47 AM EDT
My Roomba Discovery works excellent.

I pick up the big things off the floor, turn it on and go to work.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:54:57 AM EDT
i have an Aibo dog, he likes guns too

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:37:03 AM EDT
I have a roomba red and it works well.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:43:00 AM EDT
There is a roomba sitting in the closet here. Useless. It scratches wood floors, and doesn't have enough power to vacuum a large room before it dies.

Nothing but a gimmick.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:50:19 AM EDT

Originally Posted By gaspain:

aequantum.com/ar15/1022.jpg

You have an AIBO? Dang, I'm jealous and green with envy. I always wanted one of those.

I have 2 small robots I built a few years ago that I let run around on my window sill. They're about the size of a half-dollar coin, and run off of Solar power. Really neat little critters. They home in on the sun (As best they can from the window sill) and track it all day.

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:27:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By fadedsun:

You have an AIBO? Dang, I'm jealous and green with envy. I always wanted one of those.

I have 2 small robots I built a few years ago that I let run around on my window sill. They're about the size of a half-dollar coin, and run off of Solar power. Really neat little critters. They home in on the sun (As best they can from the window sill) and track it all day.

Plans? I'd like to try my hand and building one.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:32:16 PM EDT

Originally Posted By kill-9:

Originally Posted By fadedsun:

Plans? I'd like to try my hand and building one.

www.solarbotics.com
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:13:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JBowles:
www.solarbotics.com

Cool, thanks!
Top Top