Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 11/3/2009 3:49:42 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/3/2009 3:51:01 PM EST by MP0117]
.. or will it weaken the GOP and embolden Dems?

Will it be a "wake up call" to wussy Republicans and bring the party back to the Right?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20091103/pl_politico/29057
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:51:35 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/3/2009 3:54:58 PM EST by Bubbles]
RINO's need to be bumped out in the primaries. This sounds fine to me.

ETA: this article makes the point that the NRSC (National Republican Senatorial Committee) will back a RINO over a conservative in a primary. IMO that is akin to the "national" party selecting a nominee before the electorate has a chance to vote. The NRSC needs to butt out until the nomination process has completed, then back the nominee against the Democrat.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:52:32 PM EST
Death to RINOS

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:54:38 PM EST
Even if a seat gets lost, the "Get out of my way" message needs to be spread. Steele needs to take notice that we will burn the fucking ship rather than "reach across the aisle". We don't have much more to lose.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:55:00 PM EST
Fine by me
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:00:32 PM EST
Originally Posted By aimpointed:
Death to RINOS

Sic Semper Rhinos.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:01:54 PM EST
I don't care if a Democrat replaces a Republican

The current crop of crooks MUST GO.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:01:59 PM EST
Originally Posted By AlvinYork:
Death to RINOS

Sic Semper Rhinos.

Does that exist in bumper sticker from?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:02:47 PM EST

Originally Posted By MP0117:

Will it be a "wake up call" to wussy Republicans and bring the party back to the Right?

It weakens the GOP if they win the primary and lose the general...

If the primary challenger has a chance of winning, then GO FOR IT....

The important thing is 218 Congressmen....

That's the number to kill Obama's agenda....

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:02:58 PM EST

Death to RINOS

Indeed!
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:06:07 PM EST
Originally Posted By Dave_A:

Well, obviously we need those seats to block his BS agenda, but will challenging the GOP split the vote and put the Dems in, or will the Repubs get the message and wake the hell up?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:06:55 PM EST

If we don't win a majority in the House with 218, I would rather there be 210 or so conservatives opposing the liberals at every turn than 217 Rhino's rubber stamping their progressive bills.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:07:27 PM EST
Republican does not equal conservative.

Remember that when you go to vote next time.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:14:37 PM EST
Originally Posted By Otter-pop:
Steele needs to take notice that we will burn the fucking ship rather than "reach across the aisle". We don't have much more to lose.

Yes.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:24:08 PM EST

Originally Posted By h3smith:
I don't care if a Democrat replaces a Republican

The current crop of crooks MUST GO.
That doesn't work. Replace RINO's with conservatives and dems with anything even if it is a RINO.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:25:51 PM EST

Originally Posted By Otter-pop:
Even if a seat gets lost, the "Get out of my way" message needs to be spread. Steele needs to take notice that we will burn the fucking ship rather than "reach across the aisle". We don't have much more to lose.
Fucking this +1000.

With RINO's we just get the claim that the game was "bi-partisan" when some of them sell out to being "progressive". If Republicans vote solidly against Obongo's African Economics and Communist backers then the fuckers can own it. Conservative, true-blood Republicans can say "We fucking told you America"

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:27:23 PM EST
Death to Rinos.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:28:03 PM EST
I realize now that the anti-gun folks are the same folks that we are fighting about everything else as well.

The left will not stop. They won't quit. Their brainwashing is legion. They are evil.

The Rino's may believe the Constitution means what it says, but they have no character or integrity. They are worse than the libs. The libs did not hide what they wanted to do.

From now on, I will ONLY vote for folks who have read and completely agree that the US Constitution is the Law of the Land, and it's a LAW written to limit the power of the government, not the governed.

TXLEWIS

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:31:08 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/3/2009 4:31:50 PM EST by SilentType]
Death to RINOs.

Conservatives are going on Safari.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:31:28 PM EST
Burn them, Burn them all.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:32:18 PM EST

Originally Posted By Bhart89:

If we don't win a majority in the House with 218, I would rather there be 210 or so conservatives opposing the liberals at every turn than 217 Rhino's rubber stamping their progressive bills.

In the House it really doesn't matter - if you don't have a majority you're hosed either way...

Controlling the leadership is how you control the agenda...

In the Senate (where they have the filibuster rule) individual positions matter more....
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:32:48 PM EST
I think they should add Don Young. The GOP can't come across as a thrifty and reform-minded party with him in the House.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:35:51 PM EST
"Our" fight against Obama?

I didn't know there was a club.

Truth is truth. A totalitarian is a totalitarian no matter what party they're in.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:37:01 PM EST
Yes its a good thing regardless of what our resident statists and party fluffers say.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:37:29 PM EST
Originally Posted By Bhart89:

In the House the majority rules. You need a majority to do anything. Senate is different.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:38:54 PM EST
hopefully the Conservatives can chase the RINO Progressives like amnesty Gramnesty and Juan McCain OUT OF THE PARTY and into the Dems along with Spector and his ilk and wake the GOP THE HELL UP and get them back on the side of GOD, Reagan, GOldwater and IKE..hell, I would vote for JFK or Bobby today as they leaned farther right than what appears to be 90% of the Repubs in office..
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:52:51 PM EST
Originally Posted By DragoMuseveni:
Originally Posted By AlvinYork:
Death to RINOS

Sic Semper Rhinos.

Does that exist in bumper sticker from?

I see a group buy, who knows a sticker printer?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:57:29 PM EST

In the House it really doesn't matter - if you don't have a majority you're hosed either way...

In the Senate they have the filibuster rule) individual positions matter more....
[/quote]

Don't tell me that a REAL Conservative can not win an election anywhere in this country. Reagan won every single state, but one and he didn't have to tailor his message to be more liberal in some places and more conservative in others.

We can get real Conservatives through if we can get rid of the entrenched liberal Republicans.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:00:45 PM EST

Originally Posted By SilentType:

In the Senate they have the filibuster rule) individual positions matter more....

Don't tell me that a REAL Conservative can not win an election anywhere in this country. Reagan won every single state, but one and he didn't have to tailor his message to be more liberal in some places and more conservative in others.

We can get real Conservatives through if we can get rid of the entrenched liberal Republicans.[/quote]
A 'real' conservative cannot win Pelosi's district...

Cannot win Rangel's district...

Etc...

Reagan had alot of liberal democrats voting for him too, and even with that sweep, the House was STILL in Democrat hands...

yes, it is very true thhat there are PLENTY of places where a 'real' conservative cannot win a Congressional election
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:07:05 PM EST
If this is what it takes to wake the GOP up than damn the immediate consequences.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:08:05 PM EST
Win or lose, all RINOs need to go..

Let the Dems take all the blame when things to go to shit. Remove the ability to call the problems "bipartisan issues".
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:08:32 PM EST
Death to RINOS

john mccain,cindy mccain
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:18:19 PM EST
Originally Posted By Bubbles:
RINO's need to be bumped out in the primaries. This sounds fine to me.

(See my sig line)
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:21:43 PM EST
Best news I've heard all day!
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:27:07 PM EST
YES! Run them sumbiches out of the party..lets take it back for Reagan!
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:30:41 PM EST
Death to RINOS

Yes. NO MORE lesser of two evils.
Top Top