Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2009 6:34:28 PM EDT
Stupidest thing I ever heard.

HH
––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––-

Connecticut School Bans Physical Contact

East Shore M.S. Outlaws "High-Fives," "Hugging" And Horseplay Of Any Kind; Violators May Face ExpulsionMILFORD, Conn. (CBS) ―

http://wcbstv.com/local/school.bans.hugs.2.969949.html

A Connecticut middle school principal has laid down the law: You put your hands on someone –– anyone –– in any way, you're going to pay.

A violent incident that put one student in the hospital has officials at the Milford school implementing a "no touching" policy, according to a letter written by the school's principal.

East Shore Middle School parents said the change came after a student was sent to the hospital after being struck in the groin.

Principal Catherine Williams sent out a letter earlier in the week telling parents recent behavior has seriously impacted the safety and learning at the school.

"Observed behaviors of concern recently exhibited include kicking others in the groin area, grabbing and touching of others in personal areas, hugging and horseplay. Physical contact is prohibited to keep all students safe in the learning environment," Williams wrote.

Students and parents are outraged. They said the new policy means no high-fives and hugs, as well as horseplay of any kind. The consequences could be dire, Williams warned in the letter.

"Potential consequences and disciplinary action may include parent conferences, detention, suspension and/or a request for expulsion from school," Williams wrote.

Many think the school's no tolerance policy goes way too far. Others said it's utterly ridiculous.

"Now it's almost as if it's a sanitized school. Where you have to keep your distance from everybody? And that's not what school is about," one father said.

"What if they are out on the playground at recess, or in gym class?" parent Kathy Casey wondered. "You know, gym class is physical."
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 6:38:01 PM EDT
Maybe parents could teach a little "civil disobedience" lesson to the school.....assuming they are not in agreement. Massive violations would squelch this pretty fast.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 6:38:38 PM EDT
Remember demolition man?

Greetings and salutations john spartan.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 6:42:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/27/2009 6:43:13 PM EDT by Silas]
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 6:43:05 PM EDT
No common sense-no exceptions
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 6:49:41 PM EDT
Originally Posted By 230grains:
Remember demolition man?

He doesn't know how to use the 3 seashells
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 6:53:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/27/2009 6:54:54 PM EDT by lamarbrog]
One of my favorite occurrences from my Jr. High days...

Principle: I want everyone to remember, we are one big happy family her. We respect each other... (blah, blah, blah... just a bunch of touchy-feely crap about school being some sort of family or something... I didn't really care so I don't remember exactly... the point was " we're a family".

Students: (Continue eating lunch for about 30 seconds)

Principle: "Hey, no hugging, please... thank you."

Yeah.... one big happy, so dysfunctional there is no hugging, family.

Never had to wear an identification badge at home with my family......

It is school... How is this surprising.

I have spent too long in their broken system...
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 6:54:50 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Zakk_Wylde_470:
Originally Posted By 230grains:
Remember demolition man?

He doesn't know how to use the 3 seashells

Take this job and shovel it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 6:58:00 PM EDT
You know what sucks?? I live in this Bullshit town,and have 2 kids,and have sent the shots across the bow letter,email,voicemail,and am heading to Town Hall on Monday.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 6:58:13 PM EDT
I can't even think of something to say other that what I just said.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 6:58:33 PM EDT
Enhance your calm.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 7:01:33 PM EDT
Originally Posted By pjg43:
You know what sucks?? I live in this Bullshit town,and have 2 kids,and have sent the shots across the bow letter,email,voicemail,and am heading to Town Hall on Monday.

Good for you. I'd be raising fuckin hell, too.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 7:03:06 PM EDT
Please let us know how it goes.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 7:05:05 PM EDT
Yeah thats not going to last long... A force of parents will have that overturned within a week.

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 7:07:39 PM EDT
Sounds like football and basketball aka Thugball are done. "You Will Not Touch Me" "You Will Not Touch Me" comes to mind. No touching rule, what about no fucking behind closed doors!!! Connecticut is one fucked up state, some of the dumbest shit comes from there like its cousins Ca, Ny. Remember those people that stood around and watched a man get run over by 2 cars and die and they did nothing to help him...Libtard brain washing state.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 7:38:20 PM EDT
We have this in KY, my child was suspended while in the first grade for hugging another child, NO CONTACT.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 7:43:39 PM EDT
This principal is a fucking genius
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 7:55:32 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 8:01:58 PM EDT
Every student should wear a gray jumpsuit to school and walk in perfect unison and act as if they were members of the "Outer Party" as protest to this ridiculous shit.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 8:19:41 PM EDT
Originally Posted By efjones:
We have this in KY, my child was suspended while in the first grade for hugging another child, NO CONTACT.

Are you shitting me?

We are doomed.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 8:23:50 PM EDT
My HS year girlfriends and boyfriends couldn't even hold hands walking down the hall. There was "no hugging" back then as well.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 8:27:48 PM EDT
i see 'bag tag' is still being played in schools today.
Top Top