Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2002 10:43:36 AM EDT
Let play connect the dots.

The Bush administration and Attorney General John Ashcroft said "The current position of the United States are that the Second Amendment more broadly protects the rights of individuals, including persons who are not members of any militia or engaged in active military service" to "possess and bear their own firearms".

FBI director Robert S. Mueller III said "suicide bombings similar to those that have plagued Israel in recent weeks are ''inevitable'' in the United States".

Tom Ridge said "officials have no specific credible evidence of a threat of suicide bombings in the United States but Americans would be "somewhat naive" if they felt immune from such attacks".

Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld said "It's only a matter of time before terrorists determined to destroy America obtain nuclear, chemical and biological weapons".

Morale of the story is the goverment is saying be prepared to take care of your own [b]ass[/b]!
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 11:00:07 AM EDT
[#1]
NO, the morle of the story is... be prepared that the gov will not be able to cover [i]your[/i] ass..

The Gov will be busy arresting the bombers and the people that had the ablity to cover thier own ass..

Then someone will form a commitee about what needs to be done to insure the safety of the people...[i]Short of arming them[/i]...

Link Posted: 5/21/2002 11:02:43 AM EDT
[#2]
i dont see it that way. the right to bear arms is really an internal US citizen rights issue, and terrorism is MOSTLY an external threat. while i would like to think the govt will link the two and encourage us to protect ourselves via the RKBA, what i actually expect to happen is that they will be even further disconnected.

the govt has already made it clear that airline pilots should not be able to defend themselves or us, and the "homeland security" people give me the willies. "your papers, please" will be a demand, not a polite request.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top