Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 7/26/2013 6:26:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Why the stink face?  If she was sexually assaulted and the Navy did what she says, then it's a real problem.

Fwiw, I saw situations when I was in, where I knew the best thing was to shut my mouth firmly and walk away.

I also made it a point to never fraternize with women sailors, ever.  I also made it a point when the section did go out for a beer to show up, drink one slowly and then beat feet.

Never invite the Man, Chief or 1st Lieutenant into your life, good way to end up at Mast.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 6:27:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Bull.  Fucking.  Shit.

Personality disorder?  Thats another way of saying undisciplined fuck up.  As the guy who JUST got the call to pick up one of his soldiers from the slammer.  BULL FUCKING SHIT!!!!!!!!!!

Putting the face of a rape victim on it, and trying to equate her to other discharged soldiers who fucked up only goes to add insult to injury.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 6:30:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why the stink face?  If she was sexually assaulted and the Navy did what she says, then it's a real problem.

Fwiw, I saw situations when I was in, where I knew the best thing was to shut my mouth firmly and walk away.

I also made it a point to never fraternize with women sailors, ever.  I also made it a point when the section did go out for a beer to show up, drink one slowly and then beat feet.

Never invite the Man, Chief or 1st Lieutenant into your life, good way to end up at Mast.
View Quote

The problem is trying to use her story (could be legit, dont know the details) to pass a bill to get all those put out of the military with "personality disorders" reviewed and compensated.  When a soldier gets kicked out for being a fuck up, the FIRST thing they do is try and blame something else.  PTSD, Alcohol or drug dependency, Mental health issues.  Iv seen it happen at least a dozen times now.  You get chaptered, you failed to live up to your contract.  YOU DONT GET THE BENEFITS OTHERS EARNED.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 6:35:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The problem is trying to use her story (could be legit, dont know the details) to pass a bill to get all those put out of the military with "personality disorders" reviewed and compensated.  When a soldier gets kicked out for being a fuck up, the FIRST thing they do is try and blame something else.  PTSD, Alcohol or drug dependency, Mental health issues.  Iv seen it happen at least a dozen times now.  You get chaptered, you failed to live up to your contract.  YOU DONT GET THE BENEFITS OTHERS EARNED.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

None of this would have happened if the Navy had done their job and treated the case as a sexual assault in the first place.

Not sure how you get from, "I was raped" to, "You have a personality/adjustment disorder." They should be investigating that.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 6:40:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

None of this would have happened if the Navy had done their job and treated the case as a sexual assault in the first place.

Not sure how you get from, "I was raped" to, "You have a personality/adjustment disorder." They should be investigating that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Re-read my second post bud.  I said USING HER CASE to pass a bill is wrong.   Kicked out = Kicked out.

Now not to question her case to much, but kicking a rape victim out on a personality disorder chapter raises some serious red flags.  No commander who valued any part of his career or his command would do that lightly.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 6:43:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Re-read my second post bud.  I said USING HER CASE to pass a bill is wrong.   Kicked out = Kicked out.

Now not to question her case to much, but kicking a rape victim out on a personality disorder chapter raises some serious red flags.  No commander who valued any part of his career or his command would do that lightly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seems like you know a lot without knowing a lot.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 6:45:45 AM EDT
[#7]
I've seen and helped kick my share of shit bags out. Some where kicked out for failure to adjust, "personality disorders", etc. I'm not saying that some people weren't wronged and kicked out for something they shouldn't have been. I am saying, chances are if they were kicked out, it was for a reason.

If you introduce a bill to change things, you're going to have all those fuck ups that deserve worse than the received getting the same or better care than the guys who deserve it. Everything the government touches turns to shit. Kind of a reverse Midas' touch thing.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 6:48:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know military bullshit.  Im depressingly familiar with the chapter process and the BS people come up with to get out of their fuck ups.  Again.  Her case shouldnt be the driving force behind this bill.  Hell, if I was allowed Id invite you to tag along in the next few weeks of my life while I walk my current case study out of the Army. Ill bet money he tries to claim the exact same previously mentioned reasons as to why he isnt responsible for his actions (weapons charges in case your curious).
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 6:49:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I've seen and helped kick my share of shit bags out. Some where kicked out for failure to adjust, "personality disorders", etc. I'm not saying that some people weren't wronged and kicked out for something they shouldn't have been. I am saying, chances are if they were kicked out, it was for a reason.

If you introduce a bill to change things, you're going to have all those fuck ups that deserve worse than the received getting the same or better care than the guys who deserve it. Everything the government touches turns to shit. Kind of a reverse Midas' touch thing.
View Quote

+1,000,000
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 6:49:21 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

The problem is trying to use her story (could be legit, dont know the details) to pass a bill to get all those put out of the military with "personality disorders" reviewed and compensated.
View Quote

using any one incident (especially an emotionally charged incident) to write a law is almost always going to wind up with a bad law.

Yet we keep doing it.

Link Posted: 7/26/2013 6:51:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Does this mean Anthony Weiner will get his job back?  ....after all,  he just couldn't help it
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 10:53:33 AM EDT
[#12]
FWIW I know one young lady who entered the USAF about 12 years ago who was raped in Basic by one of her TI's. She was separated from the service for failing to adapt. Apparently it took another 6-8 women who reported the same TI raped them before he was investigated and charged but even then every one of his accusers were tossed out for the same reason.

Yeah, there's some who should be getting benefits, but there needs to be a vetting process to weed out the shithead cases.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 12:40:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

What has happened to our military
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top