Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2017 1:30:30 PM EDT
The debt limit must be raised by September 29.  That only gives Congress 12 working days to pass legislation before they go on recess. What are they going to do? Haven't heard a thing about this in the news, at all.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 1:31:33 PM EDT
[#1]
The can will get kicked down the road a little more.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 1:31:52 PM EDT
[#2]
They'll roll the can down the road like they have every other time.  Yawn.  Sorry grandkids, but fuck you, is apparently a viable platform for re-election.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 1:34:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Trump should submit a budget that slaughters all the sacred cows.  Veto anything that hits his desk that isn't his budget until it passes or congress overrides.  Fuck it. Let the world burn.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 1:34:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Because the debt limit is meaningless.  All they do is keep upping it and have even more spending, going deeper in debt.  They could just do away with the debt limit.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 1:49:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The debt limit must be raised by September 29.  That only gives Congress 12 working days to pass legislation before they go on recess. What are they going to do? Haven't heard a thing about this in the news, at all.
View Quote
 They'll raise it.  The debt limit discussion is different than the budget itself that requires more debt to fund .gov obligations (EBT).

Since the public dgaf about the debt limit, they'll raise it whenever.

The gigantic budget that must be coming down the pipe is a different animal, though.  PDJT could hold the country hostage with a veto, but Congress would probably override.

Sept budget is the biggest story of 2017 and nary a peep.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 1:51:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Or what?
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 2:02:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Because the debt limit is meaningless.  All they do is keep upping it and have even more spending, going deeper in debt.  They could just do away with the debt limit.
View Quote
I sent Grassley a letter a few months back about getting rid of the word "ceiling".It's a freaking joke.

I got a nice letter back telling me how the "ceiling" was necessary to keep spending in check.

I'm sure the Republicans are going to be working hard on cutting the size and spending of the government soon..............
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 2:10:06 PM EDT
[#8]
https://www.cbo.gov/system/files/115th-congress-2017-2018/reports/52837-debtlimit.pdf

The above is the CBO report on the financial situation.  In plain English, if Congress does not agree to borrow and spend more money by mid-October, there would be protests violent riots in the streets.  

This is always the case.  They always agree to borrow more because otherwise they lose control.  Which is why they always cave.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 2:11:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Shut this fucker down
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 2:13:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Headed to Rocky Mountain National Park next weekend.  Guess I better go through there on my motorcycle first thing before it gets shut down .
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 2:14:47 PM EDT
[#11]
They are going to print until WWIII or complete dollar collapse.

Nothing else will even slow the FRN blizzard.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 2:15:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
https://www.cbo.gov/system/files/115th-congress-2017-2018/reports/52837-debtlimit.pdf

The above is the CBO report on the financial situation.  In plain English, if Congress does not agree to borrow and spend more money by mid-October, there would be protests violent riots in the streets.  

This is always the case.  They always agree to borrow more because otherwise they lose control.  Which is why they always cave.
View Quote
Maybe you haven't noticed,but the Party of smaller government and less spending controls the House,Senate,and Presidency.

This time will be different.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 2:18:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Congress' most practiced skill is doing nothing, I hope they keep it up.
Let it all burn to the ground.

I just want to get it over with
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 2:19:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Maybe you haven't noticed,but the Party of smaller government and less spending controls the House,Senate,and Presidency.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Libertarians?

I can't tell if satire or not.  Both parties agree on 95%+ of the spending.  They bicker over a couple pennies for pet projects like abortion and war.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 2:25:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Congress doesn't have the intestinal fortitude to do anything other than diss whitey or block Trump. They truly have become the joke about "tits on a hog". If we booted them all out tomorrow the country would be far better off. They're parasites, one and all.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 2:27:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Congress' most practiced skill is doing nothing, I hope they keep it up.
Let it all burn to the ground.

I just want to get it over with
View Quote
Would be nice if we got some pro gun stuff,but I'm not going to wish in one hand and shit in the other like last time...........
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 2:29:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
 Libertarians?

I can't tell if satire or not.  Both parties agree on 95%+ of the spending.  They bicker over a couple pennies for pet projects like abortion and war.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Libertarians?

Yep,very little difference in the two sides of the Big Government/Big Spending Party.

Link Posted: 8/18/2017 2:31:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Congress doesn't have the intestinal fortitude to do anything other than diss whitey or block Trump. They truly have become the joke about "tits on a hog". If we booted them all out tomorrow the country would be far better off. They're parasites, one and all.
View Quote
Well,considering we reelect the vast majority of them over and over and over.................what was that saying from Einstein about doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results??
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 2:56:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 3:02:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Just double the 'ceiling' so we don't have to hear about it for a few years. We will continue to kick the can (and increase it's size) until it becomes on immovable object. Sorry grandkids (if I have any when this happens)
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 3:31:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Why is the debt limit even a thing? It means nothing, and has no effect.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 3:35:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yJRci2pARk  

ETA:  It's like a parent giving a child a credit card.  We hope they'll make good decisions, but put a limit on it just in case since we are co-signers.

It still has an effect.  If it isn't raised, the credit card hangover finally hits.

In our case, the hangover would be unbearable.  Social security payments that feed elders.  EBT that feeds savages.  Military strength.  23 million government payroll employees.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 4:38:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

ETA:  It's like a parent giving a child a credit card.  We hope they'll make good decisions, but put a limit on it just in case since we are co-signers.

It still has an effect.  If it isn't raised, the credit card hangover finally hits.

In our case, the hangover would be unbearable.  Social security payments that feed elders.  EBT that feeds savages.  Military strength.  23 million government payroll employees.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And every time the kid maxes out the card,Mom or Dad step in and raise the limit.

It cannot go on forever-sooner or later those paying in are outnumbered by those taking out.

And no politicians will touch it.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 4:43:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thats because the leftist media is saving it to be next week's anti-Trump crisis even though its congress' problem and not his. All i think he can do is advise.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 5:00:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Thats because the leftist media is saving it to be next week's anti-Trump crisis even though its congress' problem and not his. All i think he can do is advise.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He could Veto,but I would imagine it will be part of a bigger bill with shit he wants.

And somehow I don't think any of the GOPe in either House will be taking any advice from him.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 5:02:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Shut this shit down
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 5:08:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The can will get kicked down the road a little more.
View Quote
 yep, republicrats will screw us again.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 5:10:58 PM EDT
[#28]
the Dems will shut down the .gov and the GOP will get the blame
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 5:12:29 PM EDT
[#29]
What, again? 

Wake me when something actually happens. 
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 5:12:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 5:13:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Or what?
View Quote
This exactly. WTF?  Kick that mother f!#kin' can through the goal posts! Ain't nobody got time 'fo limits!
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 5:13:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I'm sure the Republicans are going to be working hard on cutting the size and spending of the government soon..............
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:42:52 PM EDT
[#33]
E-mail from Senate Conservatives:

Liberals want you to believe the budget crisis in Washington is the unwillingness of conservatives to support more spending and debt before the end of September. This is when government funding expires and when our nation's debt reaches the statutory limit again.

But the real budget crisis is the unwillingness of our elected leaders to cut spending and reduce the debt.

The Republican-controlled Congress has known about these September deadlines all year yet they have intentionally done nothing to address them in a responsible manner.

The annual spending bills should cut total discretionary spending while advancing priorities like the border wall and defunding liberal policies like Planned Parenthood, sanctuary cities, and Obamacare.

Likewise, the debt limit should not be raised again unless it is coupled with reforms that reduce mandatory spending so our debt is reduced and we don't have to raise the limit ever again.

Instead of tackling these issues this year and using the Republican majorities to enact conservative reforms, GOP leaders have surrendered and delayed any action.

Their strategy, which they have used many times before, is to wait until the last minute so they can use a manufactured crisis to pressure lawmakers to support bad policies.

This is yet another example of Senator Mitch McConnell's failed leadership and another reason why Senate Republicans should replace him with a new leader in September.

McConnell has completely surrendered the Republican policy agenda and refuses to fight for anything the Democrats object to. And now he's blaming President Trump for the Senate's failure to govern when it was McConnell who helped elect the liberal Republicans who are now breaking their word and opposing common sense reforms.

Senate Republicans should reject Mitch McConnell's excessive excuses and hold him accountable for his failures.

There is still time to repeal Obamacare, pass bold pro-growth tax reform, and cut spending to deal with the real budget crisis. But none of it will happen as long as Senate Republicans are led by this liberal creature of Washington.

If you haven't sent Senate Republicans a letter urging them to replace Mitch McConnell, please click here to do it now.

It takes just a few clicks and it's free. While we appreciate your contributions, no donation is necessary to use our advocacy platform.

Thank you for taking the time to see past the excuses coming out of Washington and for doing so much to fight for this great country.

Sincerely,

Ken Cuccinelli II
President
Senate Conservatives Action
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 3:28:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Trump strikes ‘deal’ with Dems on Harvey aid and debt limit, over Ryan’s objections

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/09/06/trump-strikes-deal-with-dems-on-harvey-aid-and-debt-limit-over-ryan-s-objections.html

President Trump struck a deal Wednesday with Democratic leaders to raise the federal debt ceiling and fund the government for the next three months while also providing Hurricane Harvey relief money -- hours after House Speaker Paul Ryan blasted such a plan as “unworkable” and “disgraceful.”

The president, meeting with congressional leaders from both parties, effectively brushed off calls from GOP leaders for a longer-term plan.

Those lawmakers had pushed first for an 18-month debt-limit hike and then floated a six-month plan, Fox News is told – but Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., held firm on calls for a three-month deal.

Trump agreed.

“We had a very good meeting with Nancy Pelois and Chuck Schumer,” he told reporters aboard Air Force One. “We agreed to a three-month extension on the debt ceiling, which they consider to be sacred, very important.”

The announcement was striking considering just hours earlier, Ryan warned such an arrangement could put Harvey relief funds at risk.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 3:35:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah it's not like they ever really intend to pay it back. That's why banks don't load people millions of dollars on a trailer home and bass boat.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 3:39:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
“We agreed to a three-month extension on the debt ceiling, which they consider to be sacred, very important.”
View Quote

It's only been raised 70+ times.

What is the fucking point of calling it a "ceiling" when you consistently raise it?

I sent an e-mail to Grassley asking that a few months back and got a nice reply on how the debt ceiling was necessary to keep spending in check.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 3:43:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Just get rid of the debt limit.  I mean seriously!  We can NEVER repay the debt.  Just stop already.gov.  We know our money is worthless paper.  Just print it, and give me my $1,000 bucks a month already.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 3:49:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 3:55:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Sounds like we'll have the can kicked again in December and DACA 2.0

Deals being made

Pertaining to immigration - “Chuck and Nancy would like to see something happen, and so do I.”
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 3:55:45 PM EDT
[#40]
I thought world was ending on the 29th...what does it matter
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 4:03:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Another letter from Senate Conservatives:

Michael:

Now that the U.S. House has passed disaster relief for Hurricane Harvey, the Senate – under Mitch McConnell's leadership – will add an increase in the debt limit to the package.

Rather than openly voting for more debt with zero budget reforms, McConnell has decided to hide behind flood victims by tying his debt bill to their disaster relief.

McConnell is calling it a "clean" debt limit increase, but there is nothing clean about using Harvey aid to pass it.

This is a dirty debt deal and it illustrates why Mitch McConnell should be replaced with a new Republican leader as soon as possible.

The relief funds for Hurricane Harvey can be passed on their own, but McConnell wants to have something popular in the mix to defend his effort to bury our country deeper in debt.

He has already given Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi everything they want on the debt limit and has more than enough votes to pass it separately, but that's not enough. He wants to hide his betrayal.

CHANGE THE SENATE

If you're tired of watching a Republican-controlled Senate pass liberal policies, now is the time to do something to stop it.

One of the most effective things you can do to help change the Senate is to support conservative Judge Roy Moore in the special election for U.S. Senate in Alabama.

Roy Moore is an outsider who has the courage to fight the massive spending, bailouts, and debt that are bankrupting our country. Moore has even vowed to oppose Mitch McConnell for leader if he's elected.

Click here to donate to Roy Moore's Senate campaign.

Nothing will destabilize Senator McConnell's standing as the Republican leader in the Senate more than giving him an embarrassing defeat in Alabama on September 26th.

If McConnell proves to be so toxic that his candidate can't win despite receiving $8 million in support from McConnell's super PAC, it will terrify every Senate Republican who is aligned with him.

Please help Roy Moore now while there is still time.

Thank you for standing strong for freedom. With your help, Americans will hold these feckless politicians accountable.

Sincerely,

Ken Cuccinelli II
President
Senate Conservatives Fund

Even if Moore gets in,what difference will he make?We need to clean House (and Senate),but it aint gonna happen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top