Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2017 2:08:38 PM EDT
Another failed steroids test - stripped of his belt just a bit ago.  Belt was given back to DC, and he's facing a 4 year suspension for his second violation.

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:18:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Jon who?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:20:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Screw the guy if he was cheating but they should let these guys roid out if they want too.
Closest thing to gladiators in the arena we have. Might as well make it as brutal as possible.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:24:30 PM EDT
[#4]
That's like twice in two days!!

He should have known better to do it again that soon!
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:30:19 PM EDT
[#5]
IBTL
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:35:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Probably should have been more clear.

Dana White just announced he has spoken with DC and it's official - he is the title holder again.

That was in an interview I just watched live.  The steroid news was from last night.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:19:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Did DC cry again when the belt was given to him?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:29:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did DC cry again when the belt was given to him?
View Quote
LOL, apparently so.  Ariel "Snake in the grass" Helwani just said "I just spoke to Daniel, he was an emotional wreck".
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:35:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Screw the guy if he was cheating but they should let these guys roid out if they want too.
Closest thing to gladiators in the arena we have. Might as well make it as brutal as possible.
View Quote
I have to disagree.  Roids kill athletes.  The last thing they need is having to gear up to remain competitive.  If you want to see an honest fight, you pit fighters that have only their natural ability and training.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 4:50:23 PM EDT
[#10]
What is needed is a drug Olympics...
Like NASCAR, ford builds better engines they win on Sunday sell on Monday.

So let athletes team up with doctors and pharma, Athlete 1 is going to be a marathon contender, he needs long term slow twitch muscles, minimal fatigue, mild pain killers for feet.  Athlete 2 is a power lifter, needs to get maximal muscle effort with minimal bulk gained so he can keep his weight class down , ect. What about a judo player, needs maximal effort in bursts of 5-15 seconds,  but fast recovery time for best training regimen, keep bulk down.  If a guy DIES right after winning again obviously nobody buys them. Do you think some of the amazing tech that is in cars would be standard if it weren't pioneered in racing circles? His pharma sponsor gives him a cocktail that works great and he wins, other pharma company has their guy DIE obviously nobody buys their stuff.

All athletes would have to submit al comprehensive list of what they are on but NO banned substnaces, hell pharma would be begging to brag "lance Armstrong won 15 tour de frances using our super roid "roidrosterone", ask your doctor if it is right for you..."

Even amateurs could get in on the marketing " cheeko's unlicensed street corner pharmacy is backing crazy eddie in this years smash and grab riot marathon... Cheeko is providing 3 rocks of angle dust laced crack cocaine with a 5mg tab of valium to take the edge off, and 2 tabs of aderall to Crazy Eddie focused on holding that TV while he runs 26.2 miles back to north side of Oakland..."
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 4:58:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Another failed steroids test - stripped of his belt just a bit ago.  Belt was given back to DC, and he's facing a 4 year suspension for his second violation.

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.
View Quote

Got a link confirming this?

Fuck JJ. All the talent in the world.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 5:30:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I have to disagree.  Roids kill athletes.  The last thing they need is having to gear up to remain competitive.  If you want to see an honest fight, you pit fighters that have only their natural ability and training.
View Quote
I don't think Hoploholic cares if it is an "honest" fight or not.  As I understand it, his point was to allow the competition to become as brutal, as possible, and allowing human growth hormones, and steroids is one way to do that.  If athletes want to screw themselves up, they can do that, or they can decide to remain "natural" and enter "natural only" (sort of like organic is to food) fights.  Then there could be a free for all division, and a "natural" division.

Hell, viewers don't care much if NFL players end up with dain bramage (brain damage) from years of getting hits on the field, why should MMA be any different?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 5:40:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Can't find any evidence of the OP's story. Post evidence or lock it down.

ETA.. this is all I can find.  Nothing is official yet.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 5:41:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They are all taking banned substances.
Go look at MMA Junkie. Seems like someone new is getting busted every day.
if we need to let's just have roid and non roid divisions. But if you fight in the non roid and use roids and get caught it's a lifetime ban.
Then if they agree we could have crossover title fights between the roid and non roid champions.
Dam I need to start promoting.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 5:52:24 PM EDT
[#15]
no rhonda pix?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:00:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
no rhonda pix?
View Quote
Not buff enough since she's not juicing
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 7:37:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Can't find any evidence of the OP's story. Post evidence or lock it down.

ETA.. this is all I can find.  Nothing is official yet.
View Quote
Well, I saw him say it myself!  I'm on my shitty phone for the next four days or I'd look into it.

I assumed it would be all over the internet by now - he was crystal clear. The commission is going to rule the fight a no contest and the belt goes to Daniel automatically in that case, so it's a moot point.

He said USADA had also told him the "B" sample test results come back the same over 90-something percent of the time (98% maybe?).  So they are going to suspend him a minimum of 2 years, a max of 4. It depends on how they classify his previous failure.

Regardless, JJ is banned from competition indefinitely and preliminary suspended pending the final testing.

A reported said "So there will be an interim title belt?"  Dana said "Absolutely not, I've spoken to Daniel. It's his belt".

How about this - if I'm wrong I'll extend your membership.  I'll figure out what you'll be doing when you lose a little bit later.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top