Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/10/2001 11:44:18 AM EDT
[url]http://www.insightmag.com/main.cfm?include=detail&storyid=143236[/url]
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 1:28:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like the ACLU is chomping at the bit to get this one to court. I normally don't have much use for the sunsabitches, but in this case I'm with them 100%. And as fast as this bill was written and taken to vote, it makes you wonder whose desk it was sitting on just waiting for the right opportunity to come along.
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 3:32:10 PM EDT
[#2]
"Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, [b]one of only three Republican lawmakers[/b] to buck the House leadership and the Bush administration to vote against this legislation, is outraged not only by what is contained in the antiterrorism bill but also by the effort to stigmatize opponents."

I told you all that this would happen. Now comes the rationalizing of the shredding of what is left of the Constitution by the party sheeple. Does anyone really think the others in the GOP give a damn about the 2nd Amendment anymore after seeing them systematically trash the other Amendments in this "war on terrorism"?

I am so disgusted of watching what has been happening (oneshot's run in with jbt's and Bill Cooper's death as examples) that I am even more convinced that the Republic is lost.

I did my 13 years of trying to save the Republic and it turns out that it was an immense waste of my time.

Everyone go back to watching Survivor.
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 6:54:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Is Survivor on now!?!

Link Posted: 11/10/2001 7:06:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I did my 13 years of trying to save the Republic and it turns out that it was an immense waste of my time.
View Quote

We have stepped onto the slippery slope from Republic to Empire. I wonder if the people who prompted this move will realize what they've done. The entire 'known' world was crushed under the iron heel of Imperial Rome before its eventual fall. The only slight comfort is that it was around 400 years from the last plebiscite until the Vandals opened the gates to Rome from the inside...

I wonder what wonders the next 2000 years will see when the next great nation rises? Though I do dread the darkness that inevitably follows the fall of empire.
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 7:16:03 PM EDT
[#5]
... Ron Paul for President!

... That bit about only steers and queers in Texas is false!

... the PATRIOT bill; it helps the sheep sleep comfortably at night. It's gotta be good.
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 8:12:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey, I looked and Survivor is definitely NOT on now!

I am SO bummed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top