Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2002 3:02:36 PM EDT
It seems today has been the day for strange posts. In view of that, I decided to add my close call. I was doing my yardwork yesterday afternoon, appropriately dressed in a pair of Wranglers and my GOA "Its a right, not a privelege" T-shirt. I was trimming the grass around my driveway. The noisey little two-cycle engine was droning away and I was oblivious to the rest of the world. Then I ran out of line. I turned and walked toward my garage for some more trimmer line. As I entered my garage I heard a loud noise behind me. I turned to see a Honda Accord that had just jumped the curb and was crossing my drive, headed for my mailbox. Being the astute observer that I am, I then noticed it was driverless! It ran into my mailbox post and stopped. BTW, railroad crossties make great mailbox posts. Accord:0, Mailbox Post:1.The scarey part is that the Accord passed right through the area where I had been trimming. Thank goodness I ran out of line when I did!

The owner, a dingy blonde who lives down the street, came walking up like it was no big deal. She had got out the car and had apparently left it in reverse while she went back into her house to get something. Either that, or the Accord is taking the place of the Audi 5000s. Don't let it leave home without you!

I guess the moral of this story is: Pay attention or don't whack your weeds in condition white!

docmac86
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top