Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2009 6:43:34 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 6:47:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 6:49:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Someone has been watching way too many cop shows.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 6:52:24 AM EDT
[#3]

Sounds like a question of discharging a weapon in city limits. If that's not against the law where it happened, the question is answered. Firing in the air is stupid as it comes back down and where is what matters. The ground is the ground.
I definitely see some gray, but he was trying to catch and did catch the assbags.

Link Posted: 6/18/2009 6:52:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 6:58:25 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Sounds like a question of discharging a weapon in city limits. If that's not against the law where it happened, the question is answered. Firing in the air is stupid as it comes back down and where is what matters. The ground is the ground.

I definitely see some gray, but he was trying to catch and did catch the assbags.

Reckless endangerment

Criminal Negligence

They dropped the goods and were running away.  The citizen was pursuing the two and firing shots in the air and ground to stop them according to the article.  The CCW holder became the aggressor in that situation.  He's gonna get raped.

EDIT:
Police say that wasn't the case here. Det. Sgt. Salazar says, “We’re
pretty positive we can say he was not in fear of his life.”

They already started making the case against him.  

Link Posted: 6/18/2009 6:58:45 AM EDT
[#6]
A legitimate use for a gun, especially in survival situations, is as an auditory signaling device.  Three shots in succession is a fairly well-known call for help.  Guns are tools, and like most other tools, they can be used for more than one purpose.

Firing a gun as a "warning" to robbers doesn't really fit in with that, but I'm just saying.

However, firing a gun into the air is dangerous.

If the shots were only at the ground in a safe direction, then I'd feel much better about this.

Even still, he was in the wrong for pursuing them.  I hope he doesn't get hit with charges, but I wouldn't be surprised if he did.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 6:59:56 AM EDT
[#7]
straight up won't hurt anyone.

I see nothing wrong with it.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 7:08:20 AM EDT
[#8]
racking a shotgun slide is more effective.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top