Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2016 10:22:59 PM EDT
Love our sheriff and will be voting for him again!

BY HUDSON SANGREE AND PHILLIP REESE
[email protected]

When Scott Jones became sheriff of Sacramento County in 2010, there were approximately 350 civilians licensed to carry concealed handguns in the county. Today there are nearly 8,000.

That means statistically, in any sizable gathering – at the grocery store, a ballgame or church – at least one person is likely to be packing legal heat.

About one out of every 135 adults in Sacramento County now has a license to carry. Jones has issued permits at an average rate of more than four per day during the last five years, according to data provided by the Sheriff’s Department.

The result is that Sacramento County had the third-highest number of concealed carry permit holders in California at the end of 2015, behind Fresno and Orange counties, a review of data from the California Department of Justice shows.

Lib rag Article
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 11:47:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Good for the people, but in Sacramento I would certainly want to carry, it is a bit of a pit.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 12:30:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good for the people, but in Sacramento I would certainly want to carry, it is a bit of a pit.
View Quote

The good thing is that the permits are valid statewide.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 12:31:44 AM EDT
[#3]
And what about violent crime rate?

Gone down?

Where is all the "blood in the streets" that the libs are surely crying about.

I went to San Diego recently with the wife. I told her if it weren't for the gun laws and taxes I'd move there.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 9:55:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Good article.  Not many comments, but liberal heads are exploding at the idea of people carrying guns.

Link Posted: 4/24/2016 10:27:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, if I ever have to move to CA, I guess Sacramento County is where I hope to go.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 10:30:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Depending on the jurisdiction of the place the shooting occurs (self defense), it may be the curse that dooms the privilege.

Meaning you'll be tried and convicted of murder for a clean self defense shooting (because of feelz)
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 10:33:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Depending on the jurisdiction of the place the shooting occurs (self defense), it may be the curse that dooms the privilege.

Meaning you'll be tried and convicted of murder for a clean self defense shooting (because of feelz)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The alternative is to agree to be a victim.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 10:39:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Good.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 10:42:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/24/2016 10:43:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Wish I was up there to apply for one. I'm in San Mateo County, where they never issue a permit to anyone, ever.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 10:45:46 AM EDT
[#11]
It'll be interesting to see the crime statistics in say, a year?
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 11:25:44 AM EDT
[#12]
As the state becomes more and more polarized (mostly rural vs urban), I have no doubt the California legislature will take steps to "reign in the unnecessary, foolish and dangerous shall issue policy that some CLEOs in the state practice".

They will pull the issuing authority away from the locals and put it in the hands of the DOJ. Only a matter of time.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 11:29:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why would they not be?
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 12:16:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Well, if I ever have to move to CA, I guess Sacramento County is where I hope to go.
View Quote

You might want to visit first.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 12:20:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

There are lots of other places, as well. But we have enough people in California already, so don't make any special effort to move.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 12:24:17 PM EDT
[#16]
When I worked a shop in Placerville about half our ccw classes were filled with Sac people. The Sheriff has really done a good job easing the process.

I'm in El Dorado County, though, so it's even easier. I've got 6 guns on my permit and can change them out for free as many times as I want, just need to scheduled an appointment a week ahead of time. I love my Sheriff.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 12:25:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Why would they not be?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why would they not be?

Local gun laws. You'll need to understand this stuff if you ever get a carry permit.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 12:26:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Local gun laws. You'll need to understand this stuff if you ever get a carry permit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why would they not be?

Local gun laws can't override state law. San Francisco tried this and failed.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 12:30:26 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
There are lots of other places, as well. But we have enough people in California already, so don't make any special effort to move.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, because the last thing we need is more RKBA folks in CA.

Seriously though, Sacramento is about one of the last counties I would expect this from.

Link Posted: 4/24/2016 12:34:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Seriously though, Sacramento is about one of the last counties I would expect this from.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meh. When it happens in LA County or San Fran, that will be real news.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 12:48:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why would they not be?

I was thinking of states like Illinois.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 12:57:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Man, you can do better than that. Shasta County is what you seek

My Sheriff's open letter on the 2nd Amendment
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 1:46:08 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

As the state becomes more and more polarized (mostly rural vs urban), I have no doubt the California legislature will take steps to "reign in the unnecessary, foolish and dangerous shall issue policy that some CLEOs in the state practice".

They will pull the issuing authority away from the locals and put it in the hands of the DOJ. Only a matter of time.
View Quote
Agreed.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top